Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is up with the FOREVER PORTING

Default Re: What is up with the FOREVER PORTING

thanks Hal`cyon, that worked to fix my map issue.

as far as the hanging and lag I do currently show as using 360.0... and imo its just as bad as 359.0 was... any chance we can go back to say like 348.0... *chuckle*
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Staff :: Developer

Ok, looks like I have more to look at! Thanks for verifying the client build, I'll see what we can figure out.

Galem: try deleting your world cache (i.e. chaoshorizons or orderhorizons) and you should be able to log in. Hmm, if you're on a slower connection, like a dial up, it will take a long time to load the world object and especailly the terrain files. If you have broadband access deleting the world cache should help.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Galem

Deleting world cache didn't. Deleting world cache, the .exe and the file list did though. I can log in now.

Still loading every port, though it seems more when recalling than when porting, whatever that means. though that could just be perception.

Thankfully I am on 6mbps cable.

When you say "World Objects still re-download during the same game session but do not if I log out and then back into game.", where do you see this?

I'm running the game in window mode with the Horizons\world_cache\chaoshorizons folder open looking at the sector_####.def files (the world object files) and I don't see them changing when I recall back to bind, or port to New Trismus. Since I'd deleted cache before logging in, I saw the sector files show up as I loaded them the first time in each area, but I don't see them reloading when I go to an area I've been to already. I have not logged out yet.

Am I misunderstanding?
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Galem

On the loading screen. 'Receiving World Object (xxx)' where xxx is a number. It is doing this every port/recall, without logging out. And there are an awfully large amount of numbers going by. I counted over 30 files on a recall back to Apia.

Its acting as if I never visited the area at all. This is the same thing it does when I delete world cache and enter the area for the first time.

This is on Chaos.

Illysist,

I see the "Downloading World Objects" at the bottom ofthe load screen that comes up during the port, the load screen stays up until the World Object "count down" getsfinished, and the port takes very long to finish. Whether the actual files are downloading or not, I haven't tried to see. I run in windowed mode normally so I'll do as you have done and watch the world cache folder. I do know that the notice of "Downloading World Objects" does not show up on the loading screen after I log out of the game and log back in and the port time is no longer than it once was when porting.

Okay, I monitored my chaoshorizons world cache folder. I ported back and forth between my bind area and Dalimond. The first time (since I hadn't been to Dalimond since deleting my World Cache)the terrain files downloaded as well as the sector***.def files for that area. During every other port between the two areas, thesector***.def files Date Modified timeschanged with each port to Dalimond so it appears the objects are being re-downloaded each port. This occured while being logged in during the same game session. I logged out and back in, and they no longer changed nor does the Downloading World Object notification occur.

I sent you a PM, Illyist.

Excellent details, thank you!

I've also noticed the date modified getting changed, but I think I wasn't noticing the download time since I wasn't going between areas that have tons of world objects, like a major city or especially a player community where there are plots.

If there could be a new object that you need to load,I could understand updating the sector file each time you go there. But the fact that they don't update after re-log is something I'll have to investigate. If someone builds a shop with a machine or NPC, will I load it or not if I've already been there and logged since then? I want to be able to see and use the new objects. We'll look into this to see if it's working as expected, and if not what isn't as it needs to be.

Again, thanks for the help and bringing this to our attention. (I don't expect that we'll make any progress on this for you by this weekend, sorry.)
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

porting time from hell here also. World objects downloading 1100
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I have verified that I have the 360.0 client

still no difference on my end....Order Shard

Porting takes way to long, world objects on every port....makes it really hard to build up on your plot.
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

My object reload on one gaming session got so bad last night I just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    My object reload on one gaming session got so bad last night I just gave up.
    Me too [:D]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Galem

Too weird. My problem is gone completely as of last night. I am not loading resources except whn porting to a new area, and the night before last, as you can see by my posting in this thread, was almost enough to quit.

When I deleted the world cache, master file list, and horizons.exe and repatched, I was already going faster than before. I was porting to a bunch of the same places for construct, and it was still loading resources, but still faster. I read above about the numbers not changing after relog, so I relogged. After that I am not loading resources at all except when going to new area, and then when I go back to same area, it is acting normally. 5 seconds to port to most places again.

No idea why it changed for me. Maybe computer felt bad for my grief?

Galem

Oh, I forget, I patched with the web not the standalone like I normally do.

Friday I think it was, someone on Chaos noticed you only get the #360.0 when using original web login and patch process.

There was people in the game running 359 some running 360. Using the web page login and old patcher seemed to get things back to normal.

I didn't pay as close attention to the world object thing, but I wasn't having the ultra long port times like everyone else.

Seems the inconsistency is brought about depending on which login method used.

Login to the webpage and login that way.

I'll give that a whirl tonight!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I'm running 360.0, did the list delete .exe remove re-patch the whole bit, and i'm still loading 700+ World objects whenever i port to anywhere. Normally it takes me 5-20sec depending on location, obviously longer for aug, NR ect...but porting to Brist or Plesant Canyon is usually pretty much instantanious for me, but it was taking me
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

I was running 360.0, patched to 360.1 today. Both versions give me some of the fastest porting times I've seen in a long time. So, whatever the problem is, it isn't consistant, and that's the kind of problem every programmer hates.

How do I download the Stand Alone Launcher again?

Mine is fubared...

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

It should already be there, in the root of your Horizons folder. HorizonsLauncher.exe or something.

Thread Information