Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight/Live Mithril xp comparison.

Default Re: Blight/Live Mithril xp comparison.

ok then i misunderstood the comparison :(

The up coming changes to crafting in general, really makes this change of little concern.

At least this metals change will allow you to level off bars. Soon that will be gone as well unless you are a miner. I'm curious, do you like that idea better?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    The up coming changes to crafting in general, really makes this change of little concern.

At least this metals change will allow you to level off bars. Soon that will be gone as well unless you are a miner. I'm curious, do you like that idea better?
    Theres pros and cons to that. But it does matter because it is still an extra step needed which increases time spent. It took me close to 16 months to make 100th level crafter, thats a huge time investment. With the new system we're looking at what almost 2 years?....yuck. Thats not very attractive, when I was growing up 2 years was forever. Even looking forward to 4 years of college was daunting but even as an adult 2 years is pretty unattractive for an event that is nothing more then a time sink.

And before you yahoos start going off on "what do you want? "A button instant 100th" 16 months is still no where near PLing or "instant 100"

Now 2 years to make ancient, that I can handle. Ancient means something and I don't mind investing the time. But 100th level crafter...gets me nothing, sure I can triple tech any tier 5 spell or scale.....but whoop-dee-doo.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Not trying to be a 'yahoo' but......... now that you have achieved 100 in one crafter class - how long you think it will take you to level others using the skills of that class? That's my problem with the current system.Its not because I want it slowed down necessarily - I just want it to make sense.

This is coming from a person with over 1100 craft levels under his belt - I've done the grind, trust me. I'm not a huge fan of all that's going to change, the biggest thing bothering me is the level of care that will need to be taken to make each class viable. I've done it the easy way(thru tools) but I've also leveled most construction classes by construction units - a lot of thought will have to go into it. I promise I'll be all over that process if its not fairly done and done "smart".

The crafting changes announced by Smeglor is a step towards a skill based craft system - which makes more sense than what we have currently.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Well for right now I can't use it to help any other class.[6]

oh, and thats not being the type of yahoo I was referring to.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Can you imagine how much fun I'll have if they implement this new Mith/Plat system?? As a 100 Jeweller, I'll run through the field snatching all the platinum, as it'll be just as handy as running out to Dralk Plat field.. hahaha...

Oh, I suppose that'd upset the mith miners a wee bit.

*snicker*

100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    The crafting changes announced by Smeglor is a step towards a skill based craft system - which makes more sense than what we have currently.
    Slightly off topic, what announcement? I looked and haven't seen anything, and usually I'm pretty good on keeping up with stuff like this. I think I'd like to see us move towards skill based crafting (I'd like to see us go entirely skill based, but I think that would ruffle too many feathers to be practical), so I'm definitely interested.

this is what Smeg posted in a discussion thread listed above

This seems like a perfect opportunity for me to introduce an upcoming change.

Through discussions in the focus groups and IRC, we've decided to add the concept of"primary skills" to crafting schools. This means that for each crafting school, certain skills taught by that school are considered "primary". Only crafting with primary skillsgive experience. For the most part, the primary skills for each school are obvious - there will be a full outline later - but two of the most noticable changes will be that only Miners and Gatherers will get experience for refining resources and the only schools that will get experience for making tools are Blacksmiths (metal and wood)and Scholars (stone).

I want to clearly state that this change will coincide with increases to experience gains for making items as well as applying construction resources to structures. The increases will more than make up for "lost" experience that would have been gained from refining resources, so in the end crafters will gain levels more quickly than they do now. That is, they will gain levels more quickly when making their school's items at their current skill level than they do now.

I also want to clarify this system has no effect on adventure schools whatsoever.

This change will largely eliminate what I call "bootstrapping" of craft schools, where skills which exist in more than one school (i.e. metalworking) are used for rapid gaining of levels once one such school is at a high level. It may also liven up the processed resource market.

I don't have an ETA for this going to Blight right now. The system itself isdeveloped and working, but there is a lot of work to be done to adjust experience amounts properly.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

A good change and a long time coming!

Thanks, I found it by searching for posts by smeglor with the word craft in them, and it was the first hit. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Wow, finally a good step in the right direction! Just 1 bad thing is - like many other changed things before - that people have gotten used to the "abuse" of craftingskills and will cry about the change.

I'm just happy that i leveled my tinkerer on tools already - i wonder what Tinks will level on in the future or what will be called their primary skill. Tinkering? *Shivers*

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    btw the t5 metall dont fit at the metall concept (regardless if its called mithril or not)
    Which concept, the
    Bronze - Silver -Gold -Platinum - Mithril concept
    or the
    Bronze - Iron - Steel - Cobalt - Mithril concept ?

I think it's wrong to talk about a concept, just because 2out of 8metalls are used to be alloys.

why do you think this is done because to frustrate the crafter?
    I think it will frustrate crafter.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    And it even makes much more sense then the adding of stupid slow down grind to the Mithril bars.

you dont make weapons/armors from silver/gold/platinum so i think this resources cant be said they are the same concept like the resources needed for Armor/Weapons

you dont make weapons/armors from silver/gold/platinum so i think this resources cant be said they are the same concept like the resources needed for Armor/Weapons
    Everyone who is making metal weapons can do metal tools as well - ie. the fabric scissor is made out of silver/gold/platinum, and a BLK, Fitter or Weaponsmith can get XP making those.
    Right about the Armorer - but on the other hand you got the Jeweler, who never touched steel or cobalt for his craft and now has the mithril mess.

yes you are right Joaqim

but there are classes which can make from 1 resource finished procucts and there are classes which need a lot of different resources!

but this theme would be off-topic

yes you are right Joaqim

but there are classes which can make from 1 resource finished procucts and there are classes which need a lot of different resources!

If they ever manage to make it all the way around to their original concept that should go as well. Would love to have seen the implemention of swords with gardes, hilts, and tassels in addition to just the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vlisson wrote: yes you are right Joaqim

If they ever manage to make it all the way around to their original concept that should go as well. Would love to have seen the implemention of swords with gardes, hilts, and tassels in addition to just the blade.
    I take it you like EQ2s crafting system then. Its really a moot point in HZ since everyone would just multiclass to what they needed.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information