With the introduction of the old beta dragon casting emotes and the realization that there IS an override folder and that the folder works (sorta), I thought I'd try to get Pekka's map pack (v2.9) working through the folder. Unfortunately, I'm still a relative newbie at this, so I haven't been completely successful. If someone with more experience than I (Pekka, Linnea, etc.) could please point out what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it!

What I've done so far...[*]Full scan of the game. (I deleted the maps and themes folders first, just to be on the safe side.)[*]Install Pekka's maps into an empty folder. This is so there is no confusion when removing stuff from the resources folder.[*]Copy the new map files into the resources_override folder. Folder structure should be: resources_override/interface/blahblahblah[*]Go to resources_override/interface/themes/default/defs/. Copy UIMapWindow.def into resources/interface/themes/default/defs/.[*]Go to "prefs" folder. In each of the character folders (Shard_CharacterName...ex: chaos_Zuraneve), open ClientPrefs_Main.def, scroll to the bottom, and change: string mapPath = "resources\interface\maps" to string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps"[/list]
What happens when it's set up this way?

Cons:[*]Unfortunately, patching or doing a full scan still replaces UIMapWindow.def.[*]After patching, the layer buttons are a bit funky (in some cases, missing entirely) until UIMapWindow.def gets recopied from the map pack. This means that some markers may not be showing up on the map.[/list]
Pros:[*]The game works fine set up like this. (I didn't do extensive testing, but it seems to work fine.)[*]After patching, only one file needs to be recopied (instead of the whole map pack).[*]After patching and before recopying the file, you can still see the pretty maps and the majority of the markers. In fact, as far as I can tell, all of the markers are still there and searchable, it's just the layer buttons that are refusing to work correctly.[/list]
If anyone has suggestions on how I can fix this so I don't have to recopy the .def file every patch, I'd appreciate it!