Thread: Training points?

nifeup2urthroat

Default Training points?

If I were to put my training points in T/C,str, dex and nothing in primal focus and power, would that be a bad idea? I have a dragon but I'm not sure what/how to put my training points in. anybody have suggestions/idea? would help a lot thanks

Default Re: Training points?

Seems most dragons (even Lunus) put _some_ TPs into Primal, so it keeps up with levels. This way you can use the next tiered Spell exactly at the level it tells you. For example spell saying "Level: 60, Primal: 600". Without TPs in Primal you would have to wait some more levels until you could use that spell.

But aside of that - Helians tend to invest their TPs meinly in Primal and Power, Lunus in T&C and either Str or Health.

Do as you like and feel. Play with the spending of the TPs, you know you can always change it ...

as a lunus, ive found i like primal, t&c and strength.

i capped out primal at 1000 for spells, i like having the best buffs i can have. i used to have the majority of the rest of the points in str, but i recently moved them to t&c and i gotta say i prefer t&c over str. the diff in damage is negligable per hit, but i do hit the target ALOT more often.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Since I'm gathering that you are generally focusing on melee as a dragon you should put the bulk of your points into T&C and Str and/or Health. Don't spend points on Focus or Dex as they will be wasted points. As others have suggested spending points in Primal will help with getting spells sooner. It does make a difference getting the next better version of Promote Vitality and True Grit even for a mostly melee dragon.

Personally I spent 50% or my points on Primal and 50% on Power. Works really well and the damage difference is very noticable when applied to spells especially when magnified by the number of mobs hit by an AoE spell. I've found that I can make up for the deficiency in T&C through scale techs since base T&C really isn't required by anything.

I maxed my health out as a lunus helps me live in long fights..then I put more pionts in Stre t&C and dex

I'm also heavy into melee and I put absolutely NO points into primal until I hit 100 and wanted to get a couple spells since I knew that otherwise I would never get them until they raised the level cap. Otherwise, I simplydidn't consider getting a spell a few levels earileras important ashaving ahigher T&C or strength. Even now at level 100 I put VERY few points in primal. 99% of my points are currently in T&C, strength, and health. (btw that means I gave up on quickening breeze V and some teched spells in order to have higher melee stats. I'm happy with the tradeoff.) I'm giving serious thought to taking a bunch of points out of health and putting them into strength although that may depend on the kind of mobs I fight.

For awhile I had about a quarter of my points in evasionbut moved them out. Evasion seems to be a waste.

I would like to say that I am primarily a Melee Dragon, but I think that is something of a misnomer. While I only use Prime Bolt when I am goofing around, I use the heck out of teched True Grit and Promote Vitality.

When I am solo or duo (or just about any other time, now that I think about it) I pull a fair number of critters at once, so I use our AE's constantly.

I commonly fight in groups with a range of levels present, so the AE regens are a boon for myself and my friends, and this along with our Dragon buffs are the reason I took Primal to 1000. Truth be known, spending that many points on Primal is driving me nuts.

I seem to be in the minority in that any points that don't go into TnC go into Evasion (not counting those necessary to keep me at 1000 Primal). I did a test the other night because I wanted to be able to present solid numbers as to what Evasion has done for me, but I fear that without a parser there isn't much I can do.

Evasion against a single critter is not entirely worthless, but so far it seems the points could be better spent in other places. Once you toss in a fair number of critters, though, that changes pretty quick.

The test I ran was against the Ash blights and friends out in WD, unworthy of a level 100 Dragon, but necessary for some tech components. I gathered up more than a dozen at a time and even with half my scales still at level 60 I found that the occasional AE regens kept me quite safe. I then took off all my Evasion, which was precious little after taking Primal to 1000. I took 210 points out of Evasion, which equates to 70 skill (3 training points per skill point) and put it into strength. Suddenly I found that the same fights were requiring me to keep an AE regen up at all times, and once in a while I had to trigger my personal regen.

I put those points right back into Evasion, lemme tell you! I am not normally the damage dealer in my groups, I am the tank. As such, mitigating damage is waaay more important than dealing it, so my skillset and scale techs are not your average Dragons. But that is the fun, right? Finding your own way, and knowing not all Dragons are cookie cutter[:D]

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information