I don't know a lot about your patching system, but that I had to update 3 times yesterday really underscores this point. We already have a 'FULL SCAN' option, to me, this seems to be happening every time we have a patch. It's not just the changes ('delta') but EVERYTHING gets scanned every patch.

Can you implement a 'Delta' based patching system? Not have to check EVERY SINGLE file? I mean, it would be easy enough to see what 'patch level' we're at, and it should be simple enough to see what files have changed since then and only check those? As is, it takes FOREVER to scan through all those files, and then it ERASES EVERYTHING that's not baseline. Even if it had NOTHING to do with Horizons but is in that directory. [:O] I used to have a batch file to help restore my settings in the HZ folder... BIG mistake.

I am tired of having to restore my music settings (my music.def file cycles through all the songs), my sound settings (Wife HATES the default dryad squeeks), and the stupid map pack so I know where to stand while waiting for my mobs to spawn (why won't resources override work again?).

-HratLi