Thread: Disciple multiclassing questions...

Default Disciple multiclassing questions...

Once you are a Disciple does it help to go back and put more levels into Monk?

Can you have more than one Disciple class, and does it have any advantages?

Default Re: Disciple multiclassing questions...

Well, I have been considering it simply for the Special attack adept. Not sure if it is worthwhile however. They get 1 more evasion and 1 more unarmed per level, and get a detox if I recall as well. I'll let someone who actually DID try it express their experiences.

You can have as many disciple classes as you like, it works the same as any other multiclass. I briefly considered stormy for a bit as a second class, but decided to go Guardian. You can't 'transfer' the fists from one class to the other though for example: If you are a spirit Disciple, the Lightning fist buff drops.

The advantage is that you already have all the attacks from the start (they all instantly transfer), and the extra classes give you added flexibility on how you want to handle the mobs. For example, would stunning be best for surviving the mob? Or Health drain? Or Just Flat out damage? etc. The spell ability is also nice, though 1 tier under what you would get with the caster classes.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

You only get 1 more evasion if you are a flmd and go monk. Otherwise you get 1 more dex and 1 more unarmed which are both factored into "to-hit" calculations so more is always good.

If you do a disciple first then monk you will start of with all chains, multi IV, crit V, and uam XVII etc which helps because it means you can bash stuff from the word go with level 90 weapon.

Special attack adept is nice because as a monk most of our damage comes from chains and special attack adept adds to the damage our chains do as well as multistrike etc. Unfortunately improved dodge doesn't master but you do master a higher version of UAM X.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

> You only get 1 more evasion if you are a flmd and go monk. Otherwise you get 1 more dex and 1 more unarmed which are both factored into "to-hit" calculations so more is always good.

Actually, if you are a flamed and go monk, you get 1 more dex, unarmed, armor use, and evade. As a melee flame disc, this is very useful. 8D

The detox is also quite handy.

Having most of the attack skills and abilities carry between the two makes it a lot easier to level one after having the other, I'd been able to kill mithril golems as a level 2 monk with most of the level 100 flame disc skills.

Mind you, that's with fitter, I'd be crippled without it.

-Grem

Thread Information