Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 'Focus' group

Default Re: The 'Focus' group

I dare this way, and that way and the other way. Dare here, I dare there. I will not, I shall not, I can not be normal!

If this post makes no sense then trying sticking your fingers into your ears and blow. It might clear your mind.

This topic has indeed been brought up months ago. I'm not going to do the annoying thing and merge this topic with one that is months old.

I will say what I am currently seeing though. I see that some people are not happy with the proposed changes to craft schools. Some people are presenting justifiable reasons why they are not happy, others are simply saying "I'm not keen on this change". People have heard Smeglor refer to the focus group and are inferring that the focus group are responsible for every change we see implemented. I am pretty sure that is not the case. Some people who are not in favour of the proposed changes to craft schools are looking for someone to blame, and they are turning their attention to members of the focus group.

Let me make this clear, persecution of members of the focus group will not be tolerated. Calling people sycophants, fanbois, basically anything branding them in a manner that is intended to be derogatory is not acceptable.

If you are a member of the focus group and are on the receiving end of abuse directed specifically at you, please contact a forum moderator or admin, use the report post feature or send a PM directly.

Please do not lynch members of the focus group. I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the focus group but I would imagine that it is most likely a case of players being presented with improvements that are being considered, and the players are asked to provide feedback. It is highly unlikely that players are using the focus group to see radical changes implemented in the game. The developers are the ones calling the shots when it comes to game mechanics, not the members of the focus group.

Keep it civil, be courteous to your fellow players and forum posters. [:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Dangit NotAChance
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Logikality wrote: We all know that those on the focus group are the fanboi extreme. If there was a balance even in the least none of these current proposed changes would ever be coming through. I figure Aamer is a part of this group based on his posts in this thread, and he is more biast that anyone I have ever met.

LOLOLOL ROFLMAO .

ahhh. you sure are good for a laugh.

You want to know about the focus group? then do a search. Search is your friend. This has been hashed ages ago. I am not going to go over it again. But I will say this. Those on the focus group are not fanboi's as you like to call them. Dedicated to Horizons? yes. extreme fanboi's no. Especially not in the degrogatory way you mean it to be. Sostop trying to pretend you know the facts when you have proven you are clueless.

To be perfectly honest AA0 has it right.As much as I usually dont agree with him,The only people who have a right to know who is on the focus group is the focus group and the devs. The devs are free to take input from who ever they want too. Or take input from noone if they so choose. Its their system, its their rules. Say what you want, but thats the long and short of it.Jumping up and down, making wild claims and holding your breath till you turn blue isnt going to change that.

Yes but cancelling our subscriptions will.

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

your absolutely right Dangit, and a vast majority of the people that have ever tried HZ have spoken with their choice NOT to continue to subscribe, that alone should ring loud and clear in the minds of those in power.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    Yes but cancelling our subscriptions will.

NimKhazad

Nope wont change the rules at all. Still their perogative to listen or not to listen.

Put your left foot in... put your left foot out ... put your left foot in and shake it all about.

What if that is what its all about?

In any mmorg the vast majority always quit, thats how things work.
    Has the focus group been around since beta? I have no clue, maybe dangit knows more info about it. The last while the devs attitudes have changed since before merge, I would doubt these people were around before the merge.

And thinking back... they've been working on lairs and ARoP that long, so whats there been to discuss?

heh, thats what Horizons needs

a hokey pokey emote

Nimk

Galem

Well I read that thread. Didn't know it existed but it sure made for some interesting reading.

By your own postings there Dangit, a lot of it makes sense now.

I was not happy about the focus group before, that thread, and your attitude there and here, proved to me that I was justified in being concerned.

Call it a silly reason or not, but this whole episode has left me with so much lack of faith in the future of this game, that I cannot see me expending any more effort or money into this venture.

One thing I want you to notice, Mr. Frog, is the names of the posters on that thread. A bulk of them no longer play.

I'm done. Add one more to that list.

Ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    your absolutely right Dangit, and a vast majority of the people that have ever tried HZ have spoken with their choice NOT to continue to subscribe, that alone should ring loud and clear in the minds of those in power.

For a mushroom you sure are a noisy one...

Shouldnt even dignify you with a response but I just want to make a clarification. Majority of people who decided to not to continue subscribing to Horizons probally decided that for other reasons than they were not on the focus group.

And while we are at it. could you quantify Vast? Is it more than a plethora is it less than a multitude? Exactly how many does it take to be quantified as Vast?

The mouse picks the cheese ,,, the mouse picks cheese... does the cheese get to pick the whine?

If you want to know more about the Focus Group, read the old thread about it. Since I already have posted in the past that I am one of the members, I have no problems repeating it. It's already part of the public record.

I don't know what they want known and not known about the Focus Group, but I'll tell ya that it hasn't been all that and a bag of golem chips. They toss out wild, unformed ideas ONCE IN A WHILE, and we post some responses. I don't represent anyone's interests but my own, but my own are probably shared by those who play the same races/classes as I do, and my playstyle. Those facts are taken into account when I post there, and the proper light is applied to them so that the devs can glean the best info from them.

People have been added to the FG; people will leave the FG; more people will be added. It's a fact of life. However, don't think for a minute that we have any more say in what really happens in the game than everyone else does here in the forums. It just ain't so. In fact, a lot of times, in response to Dev requests, we not only post our thoughts, but also reference as many posts as we can, both positive and negative and otherwise, in the regular forums.

So, nail me up on a cross if you have to, but I, for one, am glad that the devs actually listen and communicate with us as much as they do, even though I will ALWAYS campaign for much, much more.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

The bad thing is, the message boards were really starting to have some good mojo goin. Now The Toad pops in with his cronie Malted Milkball and all the mojo is gone.

That fast!

Unreal, amazing what a few arrogant fools can do.

NimKhazad

Oh that focus group.

Oh ya I'm in that. [Y]

The craft change was mostly my idea too (With much credit due to many others). [B][B][B]

Give us good feedback so the devs can be sure not to miss anything. [:(]
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Sorry, I drunk all the mojo,

Good stuff too.

For my next trick... now where did I put that yo-yo.... hmm ... well darn...

Guess I Gotta go make more mojo.

Pea porriage hot... pea porriage cold.. Peeing in the porriage gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Oh that focus group.

Oh ya I'm in that. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    LOL Who couldn't have guessed that one out? hahahahaha

Nor about the craft idea. ;)

I need to type faster. I get through typing my post and there are another half a dozen posts since I started typing. This topic has gone in a downward spiral and it has pretty much hit the bottom.

I am locking it now, if you do not agree with my decision to lock this post then please contact a forum admin such as Peaches.

Thread Information