Thread: confectioner help

vralock

Default confectioner help

hey, im pretty new to horizons. I've recently been lookin into crafting schools. I dont craft much, actually not at all. im a level 8 blacksmith only thanks to crystals. But ive decided to become a confectioner. If any of you have advice on leveling it or just plain tips id greatly appreciate it :)

Default Re: confectioner help

Okies you've got an option when working on confectioner, you can either work on processing confectioner resources until you're too high a level to get any reasonable experience from them (things like flour, pepper, salt and so on) or you can do what is imo the best part of being a confectioner, making the actual food dishes. The advantage to working purely with resource processing at the early stages is quite simply less running around, but it gets boring very quickly. If you opt for making food dishes then you will have a lot more running around, but the diversity of the recipes makes things much more interesting and enjoyable [:)]

Since resources speak for themselves (pick up a copy of the beginner milled cooking ingredients formula from the confectioner trainer), I'll focus on a few essential points for making the actual food products. Sslanis will become your home. To the north-east of Sslanis is a small farm with the majority of essential resources for vegetable soups, this will be where you spend a lot of your time. Vegetable soups are good because everything's conveniently near Sslanis... carrots, potatoes, eggs, milk, etc... The alternative would be to make meat products, in which case you're going to need to get yourself a fishing rod. Whereas you might only get 20 pieces of chicken per bird killed (don't worry about killing them, they're not exactly going to bite back), you might get 100 to 150 fish per school of fish you find. This makes it more convenient to make foods which require fish instead of foods that require meat like chicken, beef, mutton, and so on...

That's my tips for now, if you've got any follow-up questions fire them over this way [:D]

Well, firstly take Gatherer to level 10 to gain entrance to the school. ;) That's pretty important. hehe

Be sure and get Tier 1 tools to replace your training tools, a new backpack if you haven't already and a Flaxen Sack (later a Rough Hide Satchel or if you are really lucky a Tarbash Bag of Surprises which will carry you through to into your 30s I believe) and a Standard Sandstone Cargo Disk (and at 15, a Deluxe Sandstone Cargo Disk) ASAP. These will help you immensely with your capacity and every little bit helps when you have to juggle around so many resources.

I suggest for your first 10 levels of confectioner that you do NOTHING ELSE but "Collect 50 Minnows" quests. I say this because you can do several in a run given Minnows are so light and you will absolutely need those tokens for all the formulae you will need to ply the school. Once you hit ten head to Dalimond and do the random on the Formulatron. Once you start getting too many duplicates stop and save your tokens for direct formulae purchase from the trainer.

Don't be surprised if the amount of resources you gain are FAR FAR lower than the numbers Tzael gave as example. As a low level Gatherer and Confectioner you will be lucky to get 50 or so minnows out of a school (or 5 chicken pieces off a chicken).

You're levelling staples will become vegetable and fish dishes as they are the absolute easiest to gather for. There truly isn't much of a market currently for food products outside of Ambrosia so I highly advice just selling the foods you level from to the pawn broker. Although it seems a bit of a waste at least you will get some coin out of your levelling.

HTH Anything you have specific questions about feel fre to ask. :)

Actually, with tomorrow's patch we adjusted chickens and other resources so you'll get quite a bit more. And I checked minnows and the gather range is 1.5x to 3x what you listed Snow.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

For a new Gatherer/ Confectioner? That's awesome! 150 - 300 strikes at a fish school is pretty impressive (since that was what my 50 was based from, 1 minnow per strike).

vralock

ha thanks so much for the tips guys. Ive gathered up some Dp's so i think imma go craft a bit now. time to go get minnows ;). if theres any other tips feel free to post, im always open.

Minnow Surprise should help with those DPs... [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Um, Snow, you might want to check your math.

For a new Gatherer/ Confectioner? That's awesome! 150 - 300 strikes at a fish school is pretty impressive (since that was what my 50 was based from, 1 minnow per strike).
    Last time I checked 50 multiplied by 1.5 was 75 and by 3.0 was 150. [:P]

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Um, Snow, you might want to check your math.

Last time I checked 50 multiplied by 1.5 was 75 and by 3.0 was 150. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

- Amon
    Blah blah blah. Math.. PFFT! Who needs it.
    *whistle*[8-|]

vralock

hahah oh well guess we dont need math. Still thanks for the help, just went outta town so now im back and unna start up on craftng

How did this get 9 replies without Seranthor?

......maybe he's out farming expert forms...

[B][B]
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

hahaha 12. I'm actually making a concerted effort to allow the devs to keep their word on doing right by the CNFs and plan on witholding any comments until Sept (dont wanna get moderated again ya know?)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information