Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lair Update: August 9, 2005

Default Dragon Lair Update: August 9, 2005

We have finalized the seven Lair entrance assets. These allow us to place Lair plots in the seven major environmental areas and have them fit the local rock appearance.

Entrances will have a wide variance in elevation and in ease of approach. Most will have some terrain accessible approach, but there are some that can only be reachable through flight. Be aware of the consequences of such a choice, and if you don't want to deal with the consequences, don't buy that type of plot. You are fore-warned.

The minimum size for a Lair plot is 72m x 72m x 120m. An example of a more common size plot is 120m x120m x 240m.

The following is the current list of corridors and chambers that require T1 resources in their construction: (This list may, and probably will, change.)

Lair T1 Chamber ? Consigner 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Crystal 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Essence Shaping 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Fountain 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Gemworking 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Hall 48x48x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Lair 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Lavapool 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Metalworking 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Pawnbroker 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Pool 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Shrine 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Silo 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Stoneworking 24x24x24 Lair T1 Chamber ? Waterfall 24x24x24 Lair T1 Corridor ? Bend 24x24x24 Lair T1 Corridor ? Corkscrew 24x24x48 Lair T1 Corridor ? Slope 24x48x48 Lair T1 Corridor ? Straight 24x24x24 Lair T1 Corridor ? T-Intersection 24x24x24 Lair T1 Corridor ? X-Intersection 24x24x24
    There are six tiers of chambers and two tiers of corridors. Corridors and chambersmade from T1 resources are nice and functional. Corridors made from T2 resources come in either Helian or Lunus themes. Chambers using T2-T6 resources come in either Helian or Lunus themes as well.

Drakul's Heart has finally stopped erupting, but still remains active. Indigenous creatures have begun resettling the island, and it's certain that resources will be discovered over time.

David Bowman

David Bowman

Astroth

Default Re: Dragon Lair Update: August 9, 2005

Great thanks for the info David! :) I'm already planning mine out in my imagination. :-P lol

Very nice! Glad to see what the sizes are so we can start planning [:D]
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

StalothHoard

Question... can rooms be connected directly together, or do you need a corridor between every room?

Or do all rooms have only a single entrance?

Chambers can be connected directly to other chambers as long as they do not interpenetrate other corridors, chambers, the terrain or leave the boundaries of the plot volume.

Tier 1 chambers have one location where they can attach with the exception of the Hall. The Hall made from T1 resources has two attach points. Using higher tiered resources results in the ability to create larger chambers, which also include more attach points for Halls and some chambers.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Could we get some info on how size varies with tier(if it does)and storage per tier?

Thanks,
    Devast

So many questions, I can hardly wait to start playing with this. :-)

Aside from T1-generic T2-Helian/Lunus themed, are there any differences on the tiers of corridors? Will there be higher tier corridors?

Is the difference between lair/hall roughly the same as personal house/guild house?

Any plans for any of those chambers to have a machine for transmutation? (not that I hope to be doing much of it, just curious).

Does the stoneworking shop include a scholar's desk?

Any plans for other intersection pieces? 5/6 way intersections, corner pieces with 3 connections (think ahead, left, or down)?

I noticed that vaultkeeper is missing from that list of things we can build. I hope that's not the case, is it just that a vault is a higher tier building only?
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

I have not attempted to list all of the chambers at this time. The vault chamber requires T3 resources.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Nice, eagerly looking forward to getting my claws on my own lair :)

Looking veeeery interesting... I really hope I have enough gold stashed to win something in the lair plot auctions. It's not so much about owning a lair or the convenience of storage space (though that's a big plus) but to be able to fiddle with the lair system and seeing what the finished work will look like.[:D]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Is there any chance we could get at least one T3 or above chamber listed. Would also like info on what the largest lair(s) will be. Honestly, any more info would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Devast

The vault chamber is a T3 chamber, but other than that, it looks like the devs are holding of releasing more info unil they have it totally finalized.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I'm glad to see the corkscrew. I have a lot of biped friends and allies and would love to show off my new lair when its done. The pride of a helian [;)]
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

The slope corridor also allows juveniles, khutit and naka-duskael to change levels within a lair. The corkscrew just does it in a smaller footprint, but can be disorienting.

I will do further updates as we continue to progress on the Lairs. Much work remains to be done, but they are finally happening.

David
    David Bowman

Reshii

I hope I have enough gold and am able to log on for when the Auctions go on... Don't wanna miss out, though I think I might >.=.<

great info

how big will the biggest lair be? and how common/rare?

thx

consigner/pawn?

will there be another dragon in my lair? a hatchling? or a biped slave?

another dragon would be interesting but i dont like to share my lair with another dragon ^^

thanks a bunch for not just posting info but answering several questions, david.
    i've been looking forward to being able to build _anything_ as a dragon since helping with the satyr islands and discovering the only way a dragon can contribute to construction is by refining base resources.
    and i've been looking forward to having my own home since shortly after i could fly and scope out all the great mountains that would make nice homes. :)

ooh David while you're answering questions I have two - which I think - are rather big general questions...

1 - will Helian and Lunus themed items/chambers/whatever be allowed to mix within one lair? (I.e. can I have say a lava pool and a helian corridor somewhere, or something like that)

2 - (and maybe even bigger) I am *assuming* that like biped plots, the LOCATION of the lair will NOT determine what tier you can build on it right? That if say I buy a lair in Lesser Aradoth - if I want to make it all Tier V I can do that yes?
    (subset question being can more than one Teir of object be on the same plot - as in a teir II entrance with a teir III Vault somewhere?)

I *think* that's how biped plots work, I'm just hoping to make sure (wish, push you, make it this way..[:P]) that these are how dragon lairs are goign to work as well.

Other than that - SO EXCITED!! Busy farming for money right now so my measily 600 silver I hope will raise and I'll have a chance for the dream lair I want in Chiconis :).

Thread Information