Thread: Lair Shaping

Vignar

Default Lair Shaping

I have been gone for a while due to work/school schedules and still don't have time to do an extensive search for info.

For Lair Shaping skill, is this going to be a new craft school that we get tobuild up, or are the skills based off of our dcraft level?

Default Re: Lair Shaping

New craft school, from what they're saying. No clue if you can level Lair Shaping school doing anything other than lairshaping.

hrm, I thought heh it was going to be one of the craft skills we already have at whatever level we have it (you know having Craft level 50 gives you level 50 Teir equivalent - blanking on which that is - in all skills).

Otherwise - that means craft level 100 dragons, trying to build teir V or VI lairs, couldn't ever do it..because they'd need to build tier I-IV lairs first?? *blinks*

I hope that's not the case, or that we can somehow rank up lairshaping doing things that don't have to be placed on a lair plot directly. Otherwise it just doesn't work right.

Frith we will level up how the bipeds level up when not placing in components. Creating building materials and deconstruction them and then building them up again. SO that means I will have 1 maybe 2 now skills to level up depending on how they do the crystal/lair shaping skills. I hear there is only one new class but 2 new skills and talk of specialization. I hope that I can skill up in both skills as I would hate to have to pick one and not get access to the other.

Actually, building materials are non-deconstructable. Most people level construction making tools if there's no construction work available. Enchanters have no tools, which is probably why lvl 100 enchanters are much more rare than lvl 100 fitters/carpenters/masons. They seem more rare than weavers as well, but weaver is another rare one.

You cant deconn, but there are the "bring me ## of XXX" that can help you gain XP even if there arent places to place the materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    hrm, I thought heh it was going to be one of the craft skills we already have at whatever level we have it (you know having Craft level 50 gives you level 50 Teir equivalent - blanking on which that is - in all skills).

Otherwise - that means craft level 100 dragons, trying to build teir V or VI lairs, couldn't ever do it..because they'd need to build tier I-IV lairs first?? *blinks*

I hope that's not the case, or that we can somehow rank up lairshaping doing things that don't have to be placed on a lair plot directly. Otherwise it just doesn't work right.
    I would much prefer it this way. It is a new school, which shows some multiclassing possible. It will also give dragons who have hit 100/100/100 something else to work on. Plus, it puts us all on a level playing field to start. To know how to craft lairs, you should have had to craft lairs...not build scales or spells.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Ah sorry that what I get for assumeing how bipeds work. /9-> Have been a dragon from the begining so shows you what I know about our 2 legged friends.

Thread Information