Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back Nadia...a poll

Default Re: Bringing back Nadia...a poll

"Ok lets hear from the high and mighty, where did YOU get your zombie toes and the like for YOUR armor?... Hmm, time to call the kettle black I believe it is."

you are actually asking me that? geezuz you got 150+ levels more than my toon. shouldn't you know?

for starters, go to Alged (it's a Satyr island by Aug - just ask any noob/mid levels). go deep to the other side. start popping zombies for a while and orges will turn up.

don't forget a goodfighting pocket area and a spiffy escape route. forsome,bring lots of healers.

and amrosia XXII or whatever they got now.

Absolutely no.

Unless that is its in the form of a giant pinata that fountaints comps and gold when we bust it up.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I concur with Tantalyr in general, however...

I would like to see the spawn/drop rates on the big rare comps improved, *and* would prefer to see Nadia remain. Convenience for extra cost is fine with me. I'd prefer to buy from other players if I can't hunt up what I need, but if need is great and time is short, Nadia comes in handy.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Nadia is on vacation. Let's have vote...Do we want her back? yes or no
    count me as a big NO
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kwinn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Phillip wrote: forget it Kwinn...

this stuff is easy yes,but not for the children of a lesser ****.

they want convenience, equality, ect..

Unfortunately Phillip, it appears you may be right. It's sad really, and it will be sadder when the servers finally shut down because no-one wants to play a game where everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Of course, they will blame that on someone else too... :/

Ok lets hear from the high and mighty, where did YOU get your zombie toes and the like for YOUR armor?... Hmm, time to call the kettle black I believe it is.

And you have a better chance of keeping players if you dont make things unattainable. Folks aren't quitting cause its too easy... [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] You WILL see people quit when you make things overly hard without good reason.
    I got comps from the source, those that were in game...those not in game I was forced to use nadia. I can hunt the stuff np, and if you got off yer lazy ****** and did a little hunting maybe you could too there Mr. Call the Kettle Black. But no, you want the safe, no risk, no thought involved method that is ruining the game. If you have your way, this game will need to be named "The Care Bears go on a Picnic" :/
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvebagger
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kwinn wrote:
    I will say this:the hard to get comps are just that...hard to get there are plenty of mobs and the drop rate is fine

Agreed in thatsome comps should be hard to get, but define hard and define plenty.

I got 6 red fringes, 12 blues, half a dozen aboms, couple of kwellans and ZoTs plus several comps ranging from dire wolf fangs to mithril golem frags in numbers from 2-30 in 3 days.

Sure, that's 3 days, and how many hours of farming/comp hunting? Also consider, that whatever time you come up with, you're still not ready to make a suit of armor.

It's all in knowing where to hunt, how to hunt, and how to get where the action is. Spawns and drop rates are fine. IMO, we've gotten lazy. Does anyone here remember pre-merge arbotus gullets??? or Imbued Armor Splinters? We've survived before Nadia, we'll survive without her

I know several people that are accomplished hunters, and most of them agree that even when knowing where and how to hunt, the drop rate should still be upped a bit. I can go out there with my biped and enjoy the same luxuries you do (and perhapsa bit more efficiently, no offense,since everything drops in 1-2 hits) and it is still a very, very long grind in attaining fringes and toes.

Should it be that difficult? For the most part, I don't think it should. I would like to see one of the following occur to some degree, perhaps both:

Increase in spawn number, or increase in drop rate. Leave them in a nasty spot that mandates a strong player or a strong group, no objection with that. But I've killed plenty of vexators and sure haven't scored many fringes.

To be more specific however, I AM in favor of having certain drops being hard to get, especially at a higher tier. I think it's reasonable that a strong player should be able to get enough comps for a full suit of armor (1 type of comp for 1 tech) if they spent a full day hunting said mob. Currently the setup is that the majority of mobs take only 1 hour to get 24 comps (or less than 1 hour spawn depending), and the rest take days. Just seems imbalanced.

-12-
    I'll go along with all of the above. Upping the drop rate wouldnt hurt. BTW: total time over 3 days 12-14 hours or so...then too, I'm a lucky looter. Been accused of be able to loot a tomato off a grape vine LOL
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Maybe you have failed miserably to read what I have said about Nadia, but here is one of the gems

Yes, Bring her back because it is still completely unacceptable that all the tech comps that are required are not on the loot tables and/or are on mobs that dont spawn in sufficient quantity to reasonably hunt your own comps.
    Or this one

I feel comfortable in saying that IF the following conditions existed that MOST players would buy from other players or hunt the comps themselves.

1) ALL tech comps that are required in the game are ON mob loot tables,

2) ALL needed tech comps can be found ON mobs that are not as rare as hen's teeth (read: zombie ogre for one)

Thus the need for Nadia still exists, through no fault of the player base.
    I'd be happy to support her complete removal IF the above conditions were met, but that hardly makes me or anyone else that disagrees with your position as lazy.

With regard to your slanderous attack and calling ME lazy? I'm not sure where thefrack you get off calling anyone lazy. Certainly you do not know me and have never met me so you really have some eggs there Mister.

I DO hunt ALL my comps that I can, I doALL my own crafting, I rarely IF ever hunt with anyone elseso ALL my experience earned is MY own, I dont buy trophies like many do. Anything and EVERYthing I have I have earned. SO if that makes me lazy then I guess I'm guilty.And again I ask you how many do you know that quit cause the game became too easy? how many do you know that have quit over ill-advised changes to slow the game down? Clearly you haven't read anything I've written in depth and your trying to paint people with your 'Care bear for all' brush, IF I had my way there would be no 'Bootstrapping' of ANY classes. You want the levels, earn them, there would be no trophy quests where you could buy them ad nauseum, you want adv exp go kill the mobs.

So the next time you want to cast disparaging remarks at someone be d*mn certain you know who your dealing with and what the frack your talking about Sir.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

50% of me says to bring back nadia and the other 50% says not to here are the reasons in pros and cons...

pros:
    ability to get what you need for your armor/weapons/scales/spells ect.
    ability to get comps that arnt on the loot table.
    fast simple way if your in a rush to get comps for what you need. [Y]

cons:
    very high prices some times it costs several gold just to get what you need in comps.
    disrupts the econamy some what (crafters going to nadia for comps instead of going to adventurers after they said they'd buy from them). thus adventurers wasting time getting stuff they dont need for others. [N]

100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I hated nadia as much as just about any other here (so it seams) but i belive we should have her in game (or have comps pumped up entirely andhave the non-existant onesadded in buti'm pretty sure we wont get that)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath

P.S. Farmers go after Fyakki and Necroflies, I've never heard of someone farming Zombie Ogre Toes or Mighty Aegror Pus Packets en masse
    lol, yeah how to farm a kind of mob I never had showing up two at onceon my screen[:S]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Does anyone here remember pre-merge arbotus gullets??? or Imbued Armor Splinters? We've survived before Nadia, we'll survive without her
    Yes, arbotus gullet were just boring and you needed to wait for nighttime for a lone hunt in a good rate.

Imbued armor splinter were absolutly no problem. At prime playing time Marrows spot were overcamped so group often were going for the spot of the lvl 60 undead and lvl 75 ogres - after that hunt everyone in group had 20-30 splinter in the backpack.

Now show me such mass spawns for our current rare tech comps.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Maybe you have failed miserably to read what I have said about Nadia, but here is one of the gems

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Seranthor wrote: Yes, Bring her back because it is still completely unacceptable that all the tech comps that are required are not on the loot tables and/or are on mobs that dont spawn in sufficient quantity to reasonably hunt your own comps.

Or this one

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Seranthor wrote: I feel comfortable in saying that IF the following conditions existed that MOST players would buy from other players or hunt the comps themselves.

1) ALL tech comps that are required in the game are ON mob loot tables,

2) ALL needed tech comps can be found ON mobs that are not as rare as hen's teeth (read: zombie ogre for one)

Thus the need for Nadia still exists, through no fault of the player base.

I'd be happy to support her complete removal IF the above conditions were met, but that hardly makes me or anyone else that disagrees with your position as lazy.

With regard to your slanderous attack and calling ME lazy? I'm not sure where thefrack you get off calling anyone lazy. Certainly you do not know me and have never met me so you really have some eggs there Mister.

I DO hunt ALL my comps that I can, I doALL my own crafting, I rarely IF ever hunt with anyone elseso ALL my experience earned is MY own, I dont buy trophies like many do. Anything and EVERYthing I have I have earned. SO if that makes me lazy then I guess I'm guilty.And again I ask you how many do you know that quit cause the game became too easy? how many do you know that have quit over ill-advised changes to slow the game down? Clearly you haven't read anything I've written in depth and your trying to paint people with your 'Care bear for all' brush, IF I had my way there would be no 'Bootstrapping' of ANY classes. You want the levels, earn them, there would be no trophy quests where you could buy them ad nauseum, you want adv exp go kill the mobs.

So the next time you want to cast disparaging remarks at someone be d*mn certain you know who your dealing with and what the frack your talking about Sir.

I am quite certain who I am casting remarks at there Mr. Call the Kettle Black. Or did you forget that little gem?. As to who I am dealing with...no comment, you aren't worth any more effort.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Oh nevermind. I dont know why I bother....Philip is right :( Piss on it, I give up
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

No= what were used to, change before everything works ie all the comps in game....which is wellannoying as hell.

Yes= my vote for now.

And good job on the no comments or flames.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Ixalmaris

No

Aboroth

Id say bring her back....

That way you all waste your money paying the comps, and i dont feel as broke [:P][:D][;)] lol

On a serious note, bring her back for the crafters who do not hunt, I belive they find it easier to go ou and buy, and start crafting again.

Also, for the people who dnt want her back, dosnt mean f she is there, that you have to go to her for comps.

Yes, at least until all of the comps are in game. After that, we survived without her before. We'll survive again. Don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed the convenience too, but it was really cool taking a group out hunting yesterday for armor comps since she wasn't in game.

I vote yes.

I hate camping, and I remember several times pre-Nadia where I only needed one more comp to do something (say, granite or slatefrags or ruxus skins) and when I went out there to hunt them, there weren't any unoccupied hunting spots. For a couple of days at a time during my (more limited than other's) prime time game time.

I think there could be a better system for "ordering" what you want, both comps and craft items. Maybe with some kind of ticketing system to see who's working on what. Some in-game bulletin board or clearing house or whatever. Hit or miss with Consigners isn't personal enough.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I vote yes.

What I find very amusing is that no one has ever given a good argument concerning why she should leave. Folks are screaming she is ruining the so called economy, but there is now a component consigner right next to her! People will buy from the lower priced vendor, so if the components are available from the Consigner for a better price than Nadia, the economy is not affected. But of course, it is quite apparent the whole 'economy' argument is a total crock.

Getting to the heart of the matter, it really just boils down to some folks wanting other folks to 'get off their lazy ******' as someone else put it. What the hell does it matter to you? Who died and made you the moral authority of Horizons? I guarantee that my method of gaining components has little to no effect on your game play.

If you don't like Nadia then don't use her. If you don't like other people using Nadia, get over yourself.

And just so I don't have to hear you griefers whinin about me just wanting to be lazy, I don't have the money to buy from the consigner OR Nadia, so I hunt for mine the good old fasioned way.

Here is a dirty little secret though (shh! Don't tell anyone!): The reason I don't have any money is because I purchased the Expert Stone Brick form from the Vielo!! OH NO!! I was too lazy to wait more than 3 days asking in Marketplace and in the Dragon channel for the form, and I have never seen one drop in months of hunting (got a lot of nice expert and master construction forms though, my guild is happy). I appologize to all of those whose game I have totally ruined by purchasing this from, I will now go comit sepeku. After I pay back the money I needed to borrow to complete the 300s I needed for the form.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I don't care if she goes or stays, either way.

I do have some news for adventurers, though. Nadia doesn't put a cap on prices, because even >I< won't pay her prices versus just going out and hunting my own comps. So, if you think you are going to charge me more than what even SHE is asking, it ain't gonna happen. That's gouging, and I won't support that crap.

At her prices and above, it actually takes me LESS time to hunt a comp than to craft-grind to the PB to get coin to pay for one.

If (other) adventurers can fill my needs at a reasonable price, I will be happy to buy from them. Otherwise, I will be competing with them for the mobs myself.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information