Thread: Aggro still leaving group

Default Aggro still leaving group

So...

is this supposed to be this way?

kinda sucks to have engaged a mob and then have it leave you, or have someone else engage a mob and have it leave them, and then you get accused of KSing.

Default Re: Aggro still leaving group

I was loungein' 'round the dryad outpost, standin' guard when Asteral went after a yew treant, which disregarded Asteral and came after me, although I was not even in Asteral's group. Then another did the same thing, going after Kark, who also was not in Asteral's group. Perhaps because I had just finished buffing Asteral, and was mistaken for a healer?

Ah well, back to the tweaking (Key) board.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Is this the intent that aggro leave group so easily?

This can lead to bad feelings and accusation.

Can the devs let us know please if this is the intention or is it still being worked on so as NOT to leave the group that pulled it?

The new mobs at the eastern outpost do not follow old rules, and generally play smarter.

I wouldn't expect them to keep aggro to 1 person or group. The clerics run around ressing ANY fallen mob. Think of it from this perspective, the WA is using groups as well, and may even be larger than 10 players. It's 1 huge group of WA, and when one goes down it's likely that another will come and res if it gets the chance.

The treeants tho, not sure if they are supposed to have the same behaviour. I usually see them go for the attacker or whoever is closer to them. Just spread out a little bit.

The same happened to us some days ago on Elnath. So it's not a single behaviour of the new mobs at the outpost.
    I have no idea if this is intended or not. [:S]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

yeah it blows. They should change it back to the way it was. At least friends could go on group hunts again. Would rather here crybabies whining about powerleveling than losing players because they have to solo hunt and feel like hermits.

NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

and you know what really shines my horn about this whole thing. Adventurers told them. REDO THE LOOT TABLES. But instead they mess with the xp and group hunting and piss everyone off. Who came up with that idea? A CAREBEAR?

NimK

Mobs still leave groups and it needs to be addressed.

I have never believed that it prevents group hunting, it just makes it tougher, but there are plenty of ways around it.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Yep. This just happened to me the other day with the granite golems east of Mahagra.

First instance was a level 81 (I think) dragon attacked a golem, but it went after me instead (AR 75) and I was much farther away and outside normal aggro range. Second instance I initiated combat on a golem and the golem then went after another player nearby with a lower AR instead of me. All of use were solo.

Drulgar - Adult Helian Dragon - 92 Adventurer - 96 Crafter - 14 Lairshaper - 5 million hoard
    Graldur - Dwarf - 70 Spiritist - 46 Healer - 30 Mage - 100 Carpenter - 100 Fletcher - 72 Gatherer

DEVS?

Can we get a response? I know a number of players are still unhappy with aggro as of your last change.

At least let us know whether or not you intend to fix it from leaving group, or let us know so we can make an objective decision.

I was out there at the outposts, both crafting and fighting, doing the quests.

MANY times, I could be at the edge of mob perception, minding my own business, nailing up timbers/braces, or healing/rezzing someone not involved in the fight anymore, and would get laid out on my arse from Multicast Flame Bomb VI or whatever it was, or the melee mobs would run away from people who had been beating on them for quite a bit just to come beat on me. I'd have to run off, or run around in circles in the combat area, and the mobs would NOT de-aggro from me until they were killed or I was killed. I even ran up the completed tower there to get away from them, and some of the melee mobs would mill around at the bottom of the tower, trying to get at me, while the casters still attacked because the top of the tower was well within their range.

What am I? A Healer, of course.

Guys, please FIX this stupid aggro system. Either that, or give all Healing classes 10 Armor Use per level so we can wear fully decked-out platemail tanking armor, since that is pretty much what we've become: tanks. As a Healer, I can hold aggro better than anyone. Thus, it stands to reason that I should have to learn to be as well-protected as any good tank should be.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Can we get an answer about this?

Honestly, I would rather revert to the old system of aggro before the change and then the 2 attemps after the change to get it working.

yeah I feel super crappy when I pull more than 3 mobs at a time and someone is there lvling from one of them at a time and they attack that kid, I have to apologize just to be told off and get blammed for "He killed me, blah, blah, blah I'm a stupid newb who can't except the fact that it wasn't his fault blah blah" exuse me, that was mean, but I tire of it.

Can we get a dev response please?!!?

Is aggro where it is intended to be, mobs attacking individuals/groups other than the ones that attacked it?

Manga

This is 100% not intended behavior.

This fix is currently on Blight and has passed.

Added an initialization parameter that controls weather a monster will add people inside his agro radius to his agro list while he is in combat. The parameter is in the "aAICombat" module, and is called "bAddInCombat", it defaults to false, which means monsters will not add by-standers to their agro list while in combat.

We may in the future have some monsters behave that way in the future i.e. Psycho Ninja Pirate Zombies of Doom and Blighted Psycho Ninja Pirate Zombies of Doom.

A fix for this went to Blight a couple updates ago. I haven't heard conclusively if it was successful.

Ah, very glad to hear this is still being "tweaked".

Thank you both for your response!

[Y]

NimK

Thread Information