Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon RoP Bug News

kaleisin

Default Re: Dragon RoP Bug News

the server going down was announced but only after we had started to fight Esh so we continued hoping to finish in time but alas no joy
    and i have noticed that these problems (which may seem slight to the community as a whole )are getting more and more great people talking about leaving the game .playing a dragon isnt easy at the best of times lol.
    i am sure this is being worked on hope you sort it out soon
    best of luck to all Rop hatchlings all i can say is hang in there it is worth it in the end:)

Kaleisinlvl100/100 LUnas Dragon on Unity
    Jarek Mace lvl 66 Healer

Myosotis

Thanks for correction Kale.

I can't edit post above, sorry. Friday 5th at 1pm - sorry. And there was apparently a short warning but I missed it.

StormSpirit

Please please PLEASE fix these bugs......we have all been waiting so damned long to complete our RoPs, that just about all are on the point of giving up and quitting. My own particular problem is also with the riddles - it took 2 of us 4 hours to get the shrunken head due to lack of pygmies, and now Ive lost track of the time spent firstly trying to find wraiths, and then for them to drop anything. Come on, I KNOW its supposed to be a challenge, but this is now going into the realms of impossible stupidity.

Please either make it so that we dont NEED to loot the items, make the damned mobs actually be in decent enough numbers AND spawn/drop regularily, or change the damned mobs to something else!!!!!!

Please, enough is enough, now.

soulblood

Hi shinamane here.

As Myosotis explained above my RoP has basically driven itself off of a cliff.

Once I returned to the game after the downtime I had to delete the talons messages subquest and redo it as the trigger for summoning him had already been activated, but that was not really a problem.

Once Esh was dead and I had my orb, I went and purified it, again all going ok.

Now I had completed all the stages up to the point where you talk to the elder about making the phylactery, he gave me the spiel and use this recipe, however there was no recipe given to me. I spoke to him again and got the text where you select the subquests I had already completed. After about 10 mins of waiting for it to reappear I relogged and still no recipe .... no way to procede and its nor friday evening.

Another Guild member who was working their way to the same point went to the elder and got their recipe fine, so the stage itself is not bugged just me.

Finally beleiving that I will end up with the same wormout mantra of delete the quest and retry it again. I deleted my RoP to restart, and the Historian was missing .... now we all know that its a pain, but when I had to wait for almost a week to start the rop in the first place because he was missing, I was understandably not happy.

There was a reboot to fix the auction plots that were for sale, and the historian returned, So I restarted the RoP and helped Turquiose through the steps with me.

All was going well, Claw is done, orb has been gained. mirror made, and now I can't change it in the pool ... I speak to the hermit, he does his funky chicken dance, giving me access to the pool of tears area, check quest, run to pool, do a few laps, and no advance, so sit in pool til mytail goes wrinkly ands still no advance. I relog and when i get back in its talk to hermit when you are ready to procede to the lake of tears .. I have now tried this over half a dozen times and despair of ever getting wings.

Anyway thats my problems, why don't you all come sit down at the bar and pour yours out to. Surely I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Shinamane Kimana .... OAP hatchling

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Eh... still no Ectoplasm, jeebus... 3 days and no Ectoplasm now that really has gone beyond being a challenge. There was another group of dragons fighting besides me in the Dead Pool this morning with one of them saying they killed 30+ Wraith Taskmasters and got no drops.

I tried with a guildmate to see if I could simply be given the Ectoplasm item and go to the Hermit in a hopes he'll just accept the items and move on without even the counter being 'checked'. That attempt yielded nothing.

I actually think that this is another bug, I think that the Ectoplasm item does not even exist anymore since I checked Nadia of the Vielo - who sells 'components' for techniques - and she had none, and my fellow guildies insisted to me that shestocked Wraith Ectoplasm before. That and the next to nonexistant drops from the Wraiths supports my view, I feel.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

This is far from official word on the problem, but here is my take on it:

Old wraiths were based off of a completely different monster template than even the old Wraith Overseer from pre-merge. As such, the loot table associated with the Overseer-typedoes NOT contain an entry to drop ectoplasm. ONLY the original non-leader wraiths (the kind you got the "Kill 10/20/30 Wraiths"L60+ Task Officer quests for) had ectoplasm in their loot tables.

Even though the templates may have been completely re-done since the merger, either the same loot table as the old Wraith Overseer is being used for them, or a completely new one is in-place that does NOT have ectoplasm in it.

As such, AE needs to look to either adding in old, non-leader wraiths, adding ectoplasm to the loot table of the current leader types, or change the RoP quest to accept something else.

This falls under Priority Directive 1: Fix what is broken.

ARoP would be nice to have, but it falls under Priority Directive 3: New features / content.

(Priority Directive 2 is "Finish what is not complete", and the lower the Directive number, the higher the priority. Best case is to finish all in each category before doing the next lower-priority ones. At least be working on ALL #1s).
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

StormSpirit

Weve now tried everything - and I mean everything - to get this damned ectoplasm. Lost count of the wraith taskmasters weve killed, let alone the lower level wraiths, but all to no avail. 36+ hours spent, 20 dps for me alone,with just about no sleep, to try and find this stuff. On that note, even though I know Ive said I will quit before and havent........this time, I really cannot see any point in continuing with this total farce. For the past over a month, its been one thing after another with this RoP. First thing the crystallised golem, and the bug with the riddles quest not appearing, now this..........and to be honest, I cant see it being fixed any time soon, as lets face it, dragons are just not considered important to the game, so their problems tend to be ignored. I watch other hatchies sail through their RoPs since the golem was fixed, yet because I created my dragon to be Helian and will accept no less, I am forced into this course of action. Some may like being high lvl hatchies - sorry, but I personally do not, and have no wish (and am having NO fun playing any more) to continue playing like this.

Many thanks to those who gave over their time to try and help, it really was appreciated. Thanks for sending in the tickets over this issue - shame they will probably be totally disregarded and ignored, or will prompt the usual response of "we will look at it when we have the time". Well, I no longer have the weeks or months left, to be able to "wait and see"...I think Ive waited long enough. Particularily when I think that, because everyone who had bugged quests due to the spawned monsters were told casually to just "delete and start again, terribly sorry", I cannot face the possibility of having to do this ALL OVER AGAIN.

All for the sake of one small, stupid item. Oh, and the fact that they changed the rules WITHOUT INFORMING US, meaning the item has to be looted now, whereas before this patch, it could be given.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by StormSpirit
    All for the sake of one small, stupid item. Oh, and the fact that they changed the rules WITHOUT INFORMING US, meaning the item has to be looted now, whereas before this patch, it could be given.
    No, it never could be given. It always had to be looted.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information