Thread: Silk

Ziggy

Default Silk

So far in the new world i've only been able to find 3 spots for silk. North of Last Stand where the arbotus used to be, North of Aughundel where the spiders are, and West of Aughundell on the hill behind the distaff. We're trying to find how the fields are linked and the theory is that both the non mob fields are linked to the spider field. Anyone found another spot or figured out the linking system for silk?

Pluton

Default Re: Silk

I've always used the one North of Aug and never had any of the old "linking" issues. I thought they pretty much did away with linking (except for newbie towns) since they just made huge areas for the resources to spawn in.

Ziggy

So if they're not linked do they just respawn on a timer or something? Anyone happen to know how longit takes them to respawn?

Nords

There is also a big silk spawn just west of the entrance into Selen forest.

Spiritblade

I've only seen 2 silk spawn areas. The one with shadow spiders north of Aug, and the one near Selen Forest.

The distaff you refer to west of Aug...is that the destroyed one beside the road? If so, I haven't looked there yet but plan to do so next time I'm in game. Thanks for the info (Is that spot guarded?)

As far as the one supposedly north of Last Stand, someone had mentioned that spawn in-game so I went there to look for it, and had NO luck finding it.......either because I was looking in the wrong places or possibly due to all of the nodes having been harvested leaving nothing for me to find. Could someone give the coordinates for this spot please? Saying "where the arbotus used to be" doesn't help since the only arbotus I ever hunted were in selen forest.

The unguarded silk north of Last Stand is really NNE. Try around the coordinates 26,900 East by 26,300 North. It runs along the North south road there. The northern edge is near the wind ogre territory, it's best to approach from the south (which works fine if you're coming from Last Stand).
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Ziggy

Yes the distaff has been restored on Chaos at least, and there's a small patch about 10 nodes of silk every once in awhile. The Last Stand field frequently runs dry i hear. As does the patch south of Old Oaks. Someone was kind enough to make a cloth shop at the intersection there. But so far the best place i've found is the area north of Aug, especially now that there's a clothshop, vault, and bind right outside that south gate. The field is so massive that i've never seen it even come close to running dry, even with 6 or so harvesters. Plus they're planning on putting a distaff around there, probably the north end.

Spiritblade

Yeah, but that place north of Aug has those nasty lvl 75ish Shadow Spiders all in it, and when I'm gathering/crafting, getting killed sorta ruins my mood for it all lol

Thats why me and a couple other guildiescompleted the construction ofthat clothworking station someone had plannedon theiroldoaks plot (mostly using our novian resources) so the nearby field could be used, as sporadic as it's spawns may tend to be.

Thread Information