Thread: Target makes me so mad!!

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default Target makes me so mad!!

This inccodent makes me so mad. Target had ample time to act, but chose not to.
    Stupid! Now Hammy the Hamster has to starve.

I guess we can't place images in posts anymore...hmm? Oh, well.

j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default Re: Target makes me so mad!!

Ameriac nor Canada is not Sudan, so food waste IS is a problem.

Maybe instead of throwing the food away, you should think of more creative ways to get the students to eat it, strategise, plan....there is always a solution aside from just throwing it out. Ever tried to donate what you don't sell?

Waste, just becasue you can is no excuse.
    Waste, just bcause you can't profit from it's it is no excuse.
    It's still waste.
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by j-Xiti
    Ameriac nor Canada is not Sudan, so food waste IS is a problem.

Maybe instead of throwing the food away, you should think of more creative ways to get the students to eat it, strategise, plan....there is always a solution aside from just throwing it out. Ever tried to donate what you don't sell?

Waste, just becasue you can is no excuse.
    Waste, just bcause you can't profit from it's it is no excuse.
    It's still waste.
    Problem with food is it spoils...many times quickly...many time more quickly than it could be transported where it is needed. The problem is not just food waste, it is where resources are placed. If you spend all your money on toys (vehicles, boats, big screens) or on home security (to tie in the military example given a couple posts above) then you cant spend it on food. At that point, it is no ones fault but your own that you cant eat. Now, am I saying it was these people's choice to starve? Heck no, their leaders made that choice for them. And we can try to funnel in all the money we can to help those people out, but in the end, most of it ends up in the pockets of the leaders.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

I meant to post to this earlier but forgot.

This isn't a matter of them not WANTING to give that food away, it is a matter of they CAN'T. There are laws prohibiting this action. Why do you think they have TV shows showing humane people taking food surplus that would be otherwise thrown out and donating them to shelters and that but they do it without their bosses/company's knowledge and they have to sneak it out? Because there are laws against it.

If Target took that food, right as the lights went out even, and donated it to a shelter, if a single person got sick from that food they would have every right by law to sue Target for food mishandling and other such nonsense.

So it is in Target's best interest to just throw these parishables away than face possible litigations. TBH, I would rather them throw it out then force tax payers to waste money on the stupid lawsuits that would ensue from those "less fortunates" trying to get a leg up if they tried donating to a good cause.

I agree with you snow.

It is a shame that trying to help someone opens you up for a potential lawsuit. IF people were less sue happy, more might be done.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Thread Information