Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 8/23/05

Default Blight Patch Notes - 8/23/05

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 8/23/05

Some nice changes/fixes I'll have to have a look at the new new trismus on blight
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Arrgh! Increased footprint on the large leafy tree! Darn it, I wanted to nestle my gazebo against a pair of those but I can't redo my lot yet thanks to foliage issues *grumbles about Daggarth-taken realism and hopes that at least the palms will have lessened collisions*

New Trismus sounds awesome now, though.

-Levity Merrel

Multicast and Perfect Spell no longer work with Melee, Ranged or Special abilities, they are set up to work on just Spells which was the original intention.
    interesting. if this indeed is going to be going to live, you may want to consider the skill or chance to hit used for certain important special abilites. for example, I know KNOCs love to use perfect spell so their banish armor actually lands, so maybe make banish armor always hit.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Umm.. yeah...
    I NEVER used Banish Armor WITHOUT Perfect Spell.
    the few times I did, it didn't hit that often.
    When removing Perfect Spell means that Banish Armor (which is on a incredible long timer anyway) is only guaranteed to hit for a certain % chance... well... there goes the KNoC fun :(
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

My new computer program.

10 Grind, Grind, Grind, seesome class nerfed, Grind, Grind, holler about nerfs, Grind, Grind, Grind, witness nonsensical change, holler, Grind, Grind, Grind, offer suggestion, get slapped around by Pollyanna, Grind, Grind, Grind.

20 go to sleep

30 go to work

40 come home

50 Goto 10

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

was there any arop stuff put in undetected?

"Multicast and Perfect Spell no longer work with Melee, Ranged or Special abilities, they are set up to work on just Spells which was the original intention."

This will include spell like abilitys from caster schools like syphon, enhanced flame bolt, phonix rising, ...?
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

There have long been abilities that should have "always hits" on, but don't. Banish armour is just one example, as anything involving a hybrid's magic skill is just about useless without perfect spell anymore... some serious issues will rise because of the change.

I saw that... and I thought "Thank god Dark Cyclone is a spell!" I guess now, if you have a "class granted spell like ability" it won't work with PS and MC... right?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    I saw that... and I thought "Thank god Dark Cyclone is a spell!" I guess now, if you have a "class granted spell like ability" it won't work with PS and MC... right?
    I see it as "If it uses the casting bar, you can PS and MC it"
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Instead of syphon and area syphon remaining under the effects of the perfect spell ability (which they probably shouldn't ever have), perhaps a slight adjustment to keep them worthwhile. A better chance to hit.

There are many abilities across many classes that could use some tweaking. What good is a class, when the classes special ability rarely works?? Someone mentioned banish armor for Knoc's. For something like this, if you make it land more often and no longer rely on perfect spell, simply make the same upgrade for the WA mobs who also cast Banish armor. (Fair is fair). Another that comes to mind is Elemental breath attacks for dragons (Lightning breath and Ice breath) which currently only function as static skill weapons (level 50) as I understand it. That makes them mostly miss when used by higher level dragons against higher level mobs.

What others could use tweaking? Let's assume that anything ability based at all will be removed from perfect spells' influence. What else might need a bit of adjustment?

Of course, the other side of that, The latest Epic spell Burning Archer is an "Ability". And since it has a flame component, seems that a mage ability perfect spell should have an impact on it.

Can the dev's give us a more clear cut explanation of exactly which abilities this change will affect?

Multicast and Perfect Spell no longer work with Melee, Ranged or Special abilities, they are set up to work on just Spells which was the original intention.
    Abilities. That is what it affects. It will only work with spells now, which is what the description says and what the original intention was.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hm. Does tis mean stuff like enhanced falmebolt and phonix rising donnt get multicast becasue they are abilitys and donnt get bonus of stuff like boar hidemask becasue they are spells?

""Of course, the other side of that, The latest Epic spell Burning Archer is an "Ability". And since it has a flame component, seems that a mage ability perfect spell should have an impact on it.""
    Donnt think that way. it uses bow skill. So in my opinion it is no kind of spellability

Up to now i thought all abilitys that use spell skills are used as spells. Spelllike abilitys.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

I see no mention of anything related to the current memory leak issues....?

that's primarily because the patch notes offered by AE/TG have rarely included information on changes to the client or server code. They usually just detail database changes.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Does that mean that there's anything in this patch that corrects the recent performance issues?

Prays ...

I, for one, would like to see a focus on client issues. I can play with my machine fairly well - but I'm tired of playing by myself most days.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I am hoping that because Specialpants got new furniture for his house, that this is a prelude to being able to furnish ours. Otherwise, what's the importance of that statement other than to tell the players that an NPC with an empty house finally got furniture.

That goes right up there with * Deer now flock together *
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information