Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaults

Default Vaults

We have the ability to increase the overall capacity of the vault, but not the number of items it can contain. It would be nice if my Sharholder's Vault VI could hold a few more items. Specially since the cap is three times that of the basic one. ;)
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Default Re: Vaults

Agreed 300 stacks is'nt all that much I've been at max since I got back but have never passed even half way of the max weight allowed.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

I agree wholeheartedly however i have heard many times now that more items = more stacks more stacks= increased lag not sure what the compromise that they would have to do game mechanics to give us what we actually need
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I kind of wish I could sell off my excess stack that I personally never use. This way, they don't have to add more stack to the vault system overall because I am giving up some of mine to another.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I dunno of added lag to the shard but I do know it would add load time to pulling up your vault contents. I could live with that, it takes about 15-30 seconds now to load up my entire vault as it too, with Vault VI, is almost full.

I would be TOTALLY willing to pay more money for addition stack capacity.

Dave mentioned in IRC or in the forums about creating a spell/form book. I think if we were able to put forms in a book.. and have them not count as an item if it's in this book.. would be awesome.

My 2 cents... we all use pouches now in our inventories... why not make certain pouches for just vaults where what's in it doesn't count torwads the item count of the vault. We could do something like... make standish pouches to use and only be allowed 1 or 2 with a reasonable item stack in our vaults. We all use storage boxes at home... and by stacking things inside we organize our items and make more space for even more junk. Being a major pack rat myself... I'd love to be able to do this.

A tool pouch would be awesome too... I have tons of tools that take up space... but, do they really have to? make a Standish tool pouch for tools and have items inside not count toward vault item stack.

Just trying to come up with an idea that may limit people from exploiting this idea...
    How about pouches and stuff with lower weight amounts and NO item count. Just go by bulk... little things we'll be able to store a lot of... and you'd only be able to store a few large building resources.

The bottom line is at what point is it finally enough? People like to hoard things almost as much as a dragon. If you increase the stacks by 100 how long will it be before those 100 spots are used up? How long before the same request is made to increase it again?

The limit has to be set someplace and relying on the player base to determine that limit is a recipe for disaster. I suggest you take a good hard look at what you are storing in your vault and the reasons for storing those items and get rid of those that are not absolutely necessary. My vault has room yet and I emptied my houses in preparation for a move. However, I made the above necessary choices and got rid of stuff I did not need.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Great idea! But lets make the criteria for an upgrade like that based on you being a positive player. The Empire tracks your comments in MP and bases the upgrade on that?

Sound cool?

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Great idea! But lets make the criteria for an upgrade like that based on you being a positive player. The Empire tracks your comments in MP and bases the upgrade on that?

Sound cool?
    Only if it also tracks Marketplace chat and IRC. [;)][Y]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne

Sound cool?

Jayne
    But.. what if you don't talk in MP? I rarely do when I'm online, mainly because I'm busy crafting or hunting so, I shouldn't be allowed an upgrade?

People got used to limitless vaults after merge and used them as a means to transport large quanities of building materials. Then cried about it when it was taken away because they stuffed their vaults! I mean, it was a vault, NOT a silo for storage. [;)]

But, a positive player is also defined as one who works within the system given to them. We have pawnbrokers, consigners, silos, houses, other players and if all else fails, there's that delete button. [:P]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

I need more stacks too

[quote=Leannae] [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jayne wrote: Great idea! But lets make the criteria for an upgrade like that based on you being a positive player. The Empire tracks your comments in MP and bases the upgrade on that?

Sound cool?

Jayne

But.. what if you don't talk in MP?

So you don't chat in MP, well I guess you'll get your upgrade. :)

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    The bottom line is at what point is it finally enough? People like to hoard things almost as much as a dragon. If you increase the stacks by 100 how long will it be before those 100 spots are used up? How long before the same request is made to increase it again?

The limit has to be set someplace and relying on the player base to determine that limit is a recipe for disaster. I suggest you take a good hard look at what you are storing in your vault and the reasons for storing those items and get rid of those that are not absolutely necessary. My vault has room yet and I emptied my houses in preparation for a move. However, I made the above necessary choices and got rid of stuff I did not need.
    I agree there needs to be a limit. But to think that you can increase your vault capacity without increasing the number of items it holds is well ... you know. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood
    Dave mentioned in IRC or in the forums about creating a spell/form book. I think if we were able to put forms in a book.. and have them not count as an item if it's in this book.. would be awesome.

My 2 cents... we all use pouches now in our inventories... why not make certain pouches for just vaults where what's in it doesn't count torwads the item count of the vault. We could do something like... make standish pouches to use and only be allowed 1 or 2 with a reasonable item stack in our vaults. We all use storage boxes at home... and by stacking things inside we organize our items and make more space for even more junk. Being a major pack rat myself... I'd love to be able to do this.

A tool pouch would be awesome too... I have tons of tools that take up space... but, do they really have to? make a Standish tool pouch for tools and have items inside not count toward vault item stack.

Just trying to come up with an idea that may limit people from exploiting this idea...
    How about pouches and stuff with lower weight amounts and NO item count. Just go by bulk... little things we'll be able to store a lot of... and you'd only be able to store a few large building resources.
    I'm really liking this idea! This would give a real purpose to backpack pouches, well besides the whole organization aspect. Also agree that these would have to be limited as not to allow exploits. Maybe make it a quest thing like increasing the overall capacity. Limit them to the tier vault that is owned. Say one pouch that can hold an additional 20 or so items every other upgrade. Maybe not exactly like that, but something along those lines.

It would'nt effect lag, how many houses are out there? For returning players(Like me) with no houses anymore we need that extra 100 stack for things we use. I'm maxed but dont have half the tools I used to yet, I dont have any crafting clothes anymore and only silk cargo. 400 stack is'nt really that much for any player but it could be enough. 6k space? I'm not even over 3k.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

For the record: the starting vault is 2000 bulk, 200 items. Shareholders VI is 6000 bulk, 300 items. So there is an increase. Not that I couldn't use more stacks myself [;)]
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I think the main reason for stack problems are forms and techs. I have almost all tech trophies T3+ in stock in my vault as well as a lot of other things. Still have some stack left.

It might significantlyreduce the problems to be able toadd a bookshelf to one of your houses tohave some storage with high stack value forforms and techs apart from your vault.

- Narkano

I don't know how many of you remember back in the days of beta, but at one point in time stacks were only counted in the actual container that contained the items, not the way it currently is. They changed this because at one point in time you could put CD's inside of CD's and get a near unlimited amount of cargo cap. When the installed this "fix" the bulk and items both filtered down to their root carrying location, ie backpack, vault, building, etc...

I would have to propose that a portion of that "fix" be unfixed insomuch as being able to utilize those BackPack pouches for what they should be used for, limiting overall stack amounts in your backpack, vault, or whereever. If you have 15 items in a pouch, your stack in your backpack should still only be that one pouch, not 16 as is currently the case. In this way, the stack size would not have to be increased whatsoever.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    For the record: the starting vault is 2000 bulk, 200 items. Shareholders VI is 6000 bulk, 300 items. So there is an increase. Not that I couldn't use more stacks myself [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Tks PJ. Actually couldn't remember what I had back in beginning. So modify my original comment to, can we increase the number of stacks we receive for each upgrade. ;)

Still like the pouch/toolbox idea. [Y][Y][Y]

I agree with you 100%

Thread Information