Thread: Horizons on Linux

Yale

Default Horizons on Linux

I'm trying to get Horizons working on Linux.
    I already tried to find a HowTo in the internet, but every link I found was outdated or no longer available.

So my question is, ist there anybody who can tell me how I can get the game working on Linux?

My biggest problem to make thinks work is the exec of horizons.exe. I already found out that I have to add all the login-details like shard, char-name, etc.
    The thing I don't know is the syntax for this commadand I found nothing about this. So if there's anyone who can help me with this i will be very pleased.

Thanks,
    Yale Friendeater (Unity)

Default Re: Horizons on Linux

lol, every once in a while this kind of topic pops up... but give it up, its not working, reboot and never install linux again, its not for games.
    :)
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Yale

hm...u mean i should never install Horizons again? :-)
    Don't know why? only problem is the syntax to start the game. :-)

Fluuoro

Hi , i tried too to launch horizons on my linux pc. I don't have here at work the right string you need , but i found in old tazoon board using the google cache. I wasn't able to play the game on wine, it loads to 85% then it stops. I tried also cvswinex but i had a lot of problems and it didn't work

Have you tried Lindows?

It's a linux code base that will run Windows programs. You can get trial software at www.linspire.com. I didn't see Horizons mentioned specifically, but other MMOG games are listed as supported.

After some further digging, however,I found through links at the site that Horizons is specifically named as supported. You use Cedega, instead of Winex, to handle the Directx stuff.

Here's the link:

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games...l?game_id=3254

Flsssssh
    Blight's Redemption
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information