Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new dragon home?

Default Re: A new dragon home?

maybe something happens if we remove a lamp *drools* [:P]

really cool map nisse, how did you make it ? [:#]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It got posted in IRC by Frid. ;)
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Drakul continues to evolve. I have removed the 'Dralk' effect from Drakul's Heart (the caldera of Drakul). I will work on a new effect, that makes the floor of the caldera feel volcanic without filling the entire caldera with an obscuring effect.

I will be settling more creatures on the island, and resources will be discovered.

Drakul's Heart will contain the Dragon Guild communities. I will add non-guild communities to both Drakul's Heart and the outer slopes.

David
    David Bowman

Can't wait David! I'll try and take a flight over there to take a sneakers peakers...

Thanks for the post!

Spirit, Unity

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Drakul continues to evolve. I have removed the 'Dralk' effect from Drakul's Heart (the caldera of Drakul). I will work on a new effect, that makes the floor of the caldera feel volcanic without filling the entire caldera with an obscuring effect.

I will be settling more creatures on the island, and resources will be discovered.

Drakul's Heart will contain the Dragon Guild communities. I will add non-guild communities to both Drakul's Heart and the outer slopes.

David
    Ok AS that is where the Dragon Communitities will be will it reachable by hatchlings? I would prefer by hatchling only and not biped. Even though I am Helian I would still like a nice place that all dragons can go to be umong our own kind. Maybe a gate way from Chiconus and Dralk that is dragon only attunableOKCommunities.

Finding the resources amongwill, I hope I hope I Hope!, that be closed mines that dragons will be able to open on our own?

I must say that I go with Dragons only, for this isle.

But here's an interesting idea, although it's probably not new.

If there were lairs that were accessible to bipeds then, as soon as they arrived in a Lunus area (for example only), they would be able to defend themselves against the so-called invaders. It wouldn't be pvp as such, but could be on a mutual pvp-basis? I know WoW has a pretty good system in this regard and it seems to work rather well for raids. There could also be lairs that the bipeds could raid (effectively a dungeon), to add a few quests for them. Perhaps even players could design their own lair to challenge a biped to raid it... a few nasty spell traps or traps of other kinds? Probably more Sim-dragon rather than Horizons, but it could open a few isles for biped quests.

I realise all races in the game are united, some reluctantly, but there are always exceptions. Always looters ready to pilage a rumoured place. For starters, just to get to such an isle, they'd have to charter/build a boat and navigate there? Perhaps that's more BF1942 (with the Pirates mod)... I'm just throwing some thoughts in the pool.

Spirit

I flew over there to see it over the weekend. It's HUGE! I had the view distance set to max and wished I could set it even farther out. By the time I reached the top I was too high to see the ocean.

Hopefully an area that large won't just be lair plots but will also have several tiers worth of resources and monsters. Seems to me like that could be an entire playing area all by itself much like Lesser Aradoth is an entire playing area.

The goal for Drakul is to add tier 1-5 resources and creatures to it; with it tilting more toward the T5. There are 15 communities planned for Lair release. They are located in Drakul's Heart and on the upper outer slopes. The lower flanks of Drakul, the forested portion, and a few spots up at the snowline, will be where creatures settle. I'm holding off on most resources until I get a bit of artist time to create some specific, dragon-lairshaped mines for gems, crystals, some stone, and metals.

David
    David Bowman

The goal for Drakul is to add tier 1-5 resources and creatures to it; with it tilting more toward the T5. There are 15 communities planned for Lair release. They are located in Drakul's Heart and on the upper outer slopes. The lower flanks of Drakul, the forested portion, and a few spots up at the snowline, will be where creatures settle. I'm holding off on most resources until I get a bit of artist time to create some specific, dragon-lairshaped mines for gems, crystals, some stone, and metals.

David
    Then I assume I can go out on a limb here and say that the Mines will be closed to us at first and we will have to open them? Because of "dragon-lairshaped mines". If so thank you. If not I will still be happy that there are dragon lair like mines at least.

Thank you David. I am glad to see the fog being lifted.
    I cant waitto see it in a year, whenmany dragons live there and the community is well developped. It will surely be a fun journey for many, myself for sure, to get to that point.
    It is a beautiful island and huge enouph soI don't feel oversized and ackward asI do (and I'm sure many others do)in most cities. [:)]

Image, happy dragoness.

Sounds prettycool. I'm looking forward to it.

I thought on how to make a portal to the dragon island that is only accessable by only flying dragons, would be to set it on a raised platform with vertical sides and place 1somewhere in Dralk & Chiconis but make sure there is nothing overlooking it that a biped could jump down onto it from[:P]
    As for portaling out as only dragons can get there can use standard portal to get out.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

I'm holding off on most resources until I get a bit of artist time to create some specific, dragon-lairshaped mines for gems, crystals, some stone, and metals.
    David
    I know this is prolly too much to ask but any chance of any of the stone/metal resources being on like large ledges stuck out of the cliff/mountainside? So you have to fly up to the ledge to harvest and then fly off to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    I thought on how to make a portal to the dragon island that is only accessable by only flying dragons, would be to set it on a raised platform with vertical sides and place 1somewhere in Dralk & Chiconis but make sure there is nothing overlooking it that a biped could jump down onto it from[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    As for portaling out as only dragons can get there can use standard portal to get out.
    No we want hatchlingsto be able to go to the Island also.So they just need tomake itattunable only by dragons. Just put in a small quest at each dragon city that opens the option in all portals like the quest for the island you get at the top of the one tower.

made a colour version of map of the island

http://us.share.geocities.com/ging-inc/1.jpg

covers coords 14000,28500 in the SW corner to 19500,33000 in the NE corner

2 bugs with it, there is a graphics glitch on Unity west of the ice pool can see that by the grey'ed out section and 2nd large sandy area just ito trees area is a lake, but mapping method doesn't show that.

hmm the link says to me the page isn't aviable ...[^o)]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    made a colour version of map of the island

http://us.share.geocities.com/ging-inc/1.jpg

covers coords 14000,28500 in the SW corner to 19500,33000 in the NE corner

2 bugs with it, there is a graphics glitch on Unity west of the ice pool can see that by the grey'ed out section and 2nd large sandy area just ito trees area is a lake, but mapping method doesn't show that.
    Kaze: It's not working. If you want, send it over to me and I'll stick on www.rakku.co.uk. Email is there too.

Spirit

Thread Information