Thread: Make Unity a 3rd US shard !!

Default Make Unity a 3rd US shard !!

The actual situation on Unity is signed from a very poor service given from GN.
    If you just crossread the forums, there are unanswered tickets from February, no responds on forum threads,... ... and actually a server down since more than 45 hours without GN even noticing it. (Or giving us no info just for kidding us?)

Where ever the actual problems are from. GN absolutely missed their responsibility to watch the shard. And this shows enough about the thinking of GN about providing services to paying members.

More and more ppl are this upset that they will quit playing.
    GN is more and more ruining the shard! And once there are too few left to run a server for, GN will (have to) close Unity.

What I want to know:
    - Is there a possibility for Tulga to buy back Unity from GN and place the server besides Chaos and Order?
    - Or are there any possibilities to force GN to give us a better service? (for Tulga?)
    - Are there other People thinking like I am? (Maybe we can start a voting?)
    Devlyn Canchobhar, Daoine SÃ**dhe, Unity
    Ranger[100] Druid[100] Healer[100] Spiritist[100] Mage[36] Spellcrafter[100] Mason[55]

Default Re: Make Unity a 3rd US shard !!

a 4th shard (next to blight, order, chaos) [;)]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    a 4th shard (next to blight, order, chaos) [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Unfortunately I cannot see tulga setting up a 4th server for a small number of players, after all that?s why they merged the servers in the first place. The best we could hope for would be the transfer of your character, with novian resources from your plot, and a plot token to help buy a new plot.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

I was wondering today...

The money we pay for being allowed to try and login to this game...

Is this completely for GN or does a part of it also go to Tulga?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I would be surprised if some of it went to Tulga. Nevertheless, Tulga seems to finally have taken interest in our plight and there will be talks in the near future between Tulga and GN on how to improve the service for european customers -- even if Tulga does not get money from european players the bad reputation horizons got due to the complaints of the european customers hurt them, too.

my point being Snickel is that IF Tulga doesnt get a single eurocent of the payments we make to play...

The developers miss out on a large amount of money which could be used to hire additional staff or something like that...

It might not seem a lot, but it is still 13-15 euro's per subscribsion per month...

Right now GN gets it and for what?

They screw up big time over and over and over again...

The game has been fun to me, but its a pity to think it has actually been a total waste of money...
    Give me a chance to move over to Chaos with 1 acount and I might consider returning after my break, but right now the way things are going my mind is very much clouded with doubt about returning to a GN controlled shard... [:(]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

My point was that since I understood Tulga gave Unity to GN they do not lose anything directly when european subscriptions are cancelled. But they lose indirectly because their reputation suffers.

Since David Bowman has announced that there will be talks between Tulga and GN about the improvement of service for Unity in the near future, we might hold on to some hope for a change for the better.

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Tulga have no control over any of the database for Unity. Or in english, they cannot access our characters etc so a transfer is out of the question. Also, they cannot afford to run another server, let alone buy the database from GN. We can only hope talks between the two companies and incoming changes (eg new EU website) help the situation.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Much as hate to side with GN over this whole issue, cause frankly as am annoyed as everyone else is, but everytime you login you agree to have to put up with such problems, its in the EULA section 14 (added below to save you looking for it). So franky just put up with it like everyone else has and go play another MMORPG whilst you wait for the server to come back online (its what most of us do).

14. We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable ability to control. We cannot, and do not, promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever and wherever you want. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge that there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account and that you will not hold us liable for such periods of System inaccessibility. Failures to access your Account consistent with any standards applicable to the on-line information services industry, interruptions of service caused by scheduled or emergency downtime, needs for maintenance, failures of equipment, computer programs or communications networks or devices, and events beyond our direct and reasonable control shall not constitute our breach of warranty of this Agreement.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Thread Information