Thread: The sacking of the "Sacred Reliquery" David...what do you think!

Default The sacking of the "Sacred Reliquery" David...what do you think!

OK. There is a secret Reliquary, in which are housed the "Sentients of the Gods". These are a collection of 150 weapon treasures beyond imagination.

Holy weapons created for the war that is not yet lost, weapons that never saw combat, as the Reliquary and the Order that maintained it were the first to be slaughtered, even before the assult on Feladan. It has remained secret and locked ...... until now.

The Lich King has FINALLY found it's location the way to open the Reliquary, and sacked it. The 150 Sentients of the Gods are now dispersed amongst the WA hoards.

These Soul Keeper Relics are weapons that have an actual soul, and intelligence ... they can even speak to the wielder should they wish to. Every one of them has a name.

These weapons, once slowly empowered by proximity to the living, will attempt to return to the reliquery. They will in time simply vanish from the current possesor of them and recall to their resting place in the Reliquary.

But the Lich King has befouled the magical homes that these Relics attempt to return to, and instead, they return to the WA territories.

In short, selected WA mobs are carrying these weapons, and they can be collected from the slain corpses. They become attuned to the looter, who can not trade or swap them, but can USE them to send them away again. Only one of these weapons can be in a players posession or storage, any attempt to loot another will set the current one free with a massive temporary hit to your stats and max health to power it's escape.

The weapon appears on the corpse as a ball of light, only to take form when it is looted. Co-incidentally, the weapon will alway convert from a ball of light, to a weapon suiting the looters current class. Lucky that! Their power is scaled to the users level (not rating) and there is no level requirement for weiding them.

Mages get a staff, that will imbue each of their spells with extra powers if held while the spell is cast. Mele's get a weapon, and hybrids get powered spells if they cast while holding it, or they can also use the weapon as a weapon in it's own right.

The more the Sentients of the Gods are used, the faster they will power up and leave their host, but none will ever last longer than 14 days before it has drawn enough power from it's 'finder' to escape.

What do you think? Short term "Uber Rare Weapons" that don't replace crafters.

Default Re: The sacking of the "Sacred Reliquery" David...what do you think!

Interesting idea. I like it.

Someone would need to get creative and think of all the names, and what weapon/bonus they can give. Seems they should be found on lvl 80 WA mobs and up only. Myabe even higher level than that. (Since they are powerful, WA wouldn't waste them on newbie mobs. Unless theres a few weapons in there that are weaker)

Alanide Syris

Hehe - me too. Sounds like we have a D&D fan here :)

Alanide Syris

Well, I do think some should be given for lower levels, at levels that match their level. I think lowered level characters get over looked too often.

I like this idea, you have established some lore for the items already and the idea of loot that will suit the looter is most appealing to me.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information