Thread: Hi!

Mysterious Knight

Default Hi!

I have just ordered Horizons from amazon and will be expecting it on monday! I'll write out a little bit of history about me before bombing you with questions!

My first mmorpg in the start of 2005 was SWG and promptly became addicted for a wonderful few months of forgetting about real life :P Then SOE decided to release way too early a really rubbish combat upgrade patch and after a week I cancelled my subscription because it wasn't the game I paid for anymore. I went on to Guildwars which isnt really a mmorpg but close and eventually got my 18 quids worth and got bored of it. Been drifting around and found the horizons website through mmorpg.com and was attracted to the featureshorizons offersso here I am!

Question time Im afraid :p

Should I expect a huge download of patches when I log on? Im guessing the game cd coming out in June 11, 2004 will mean a lot of content may have come out since then.

Do a lot of guilds in horizons use an outside voice comm programs like teamspeak? I hate those as in many online games when I was in clans/guilds people would insist on using them and I'd eventually have to explain about my deafness which is annoying! ¬_¬

That's all i can think of so far, apologies if the questions can be answered by reading the whole forum which ill do now!

Default Re: Hi!

Welcome to Istaria, Knight! [:D]

In answer to your first question, yup--you can expect up to a 96 megabyte download of patches, fixes and content, so I sure hope you're on dsl or cable.

I don't believe many, if any, guilds (at least on the Order shard) use Teamspeak or like voice comm programs. Rather, most (if not all) communicate via their guild or group chat while hunting.

I'd also suggest that as soon as you enter Istaria you join the New Player chat channel (both Order and Chaos have those chats now). It's usually full of very helpful veterans happy to answer questions and give advice to those new to the game.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

If you are getting the CD, expect to download every patch since game release (Dec 2003). There's been huge amounts of fixes and content pushes since. I suggest that you download the post-install update package from here while waiting for your CD to arrive, then unpack it to the right place once you've installed Horizons. It is definitely the faster method for you. Once the update package is in place, there should be very little to patch, maybe just the latest patch or two.

In my experience voicechat is not a regular tool of most HZ players, at least on Unity server.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Mysterious Knight

Okay cheers for the link will get on that right away! Thank you both for the advice :)

since they've already helped you, I guess I'll just say Hi then [H]

Hope you have fun and find a good group to play with! Not a big fan of Teamspeak & such myself, either; I doubt you'll have a problem finding a good guild that doesn't require it.

If you choose Chaos, do drop in to New Player Assistance & say "hi"; if you choose Order, well, welcome anyway!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

There's this guy named Klaus... keep you're distance, sure he seems friendly but....JK! hehe, don't wanna ruin the nice guys rep. [:D]

Hello and Welcome!

Remember the 2 basic rules...
    1. Have fun
    2. Kill stuff

hehehe

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Welcome to Istaria:)

3 Basic rules for me
    1. Have fun
    2. Bash things into tiny little pieces
    3.Pick up those pieces and craft soemthing out of them( waste not want not :))
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Thread Information