Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk issue List

Default Re: Monk issue List

There have been quite a few fixes and changes in the past 6 months. This was just the most recent.

I'll test on blight tonight how much of a difference this actually makes. I have had everything except monk and sprd stripped from my char there.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Well I tested and it wasn't working have sent an email and will try again later...
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

As of this date I have confirmed that the issue with the Static Aura spam still exists. When Static Aura I is activated along with the higher version of Energize, there is a message spammed to the user of the conflicting versions. This error message needs to be muted. [:@]

And my damage is still really pathetic, but that's not something I know a cause or a fix for. [^o)]
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris
    As of this date I have confirmed that the issue with the Static Aura spam still exists. When Static Aura I is activated along with the higher version of Energize, there is a message spammed to the user of the conflicting versions. This error message needs to be muted. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img]

And my damage is still really pathetic, but that's not something I know a cause or a fix for. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]
    The spam still does exist with all of the auras. This also happens with the certain types of Mage auras as well. There is no easy fix to disable the message, as the code that handles it also handles all other buff conflicts.

As for the damage issue, you can take either Fitter or Warrior up to 100. Warrior would actually be faster for you as you can work off of your unarmed skill until you advance in level past your mastered "Unarmed Mastery 10", which you got at lvl 48. After you go past lvl 48, you can then use handwraps to deal more damage beyond the capped UaM.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but its what we have to work with right now..

-Menkure

The "spam" should be gone with this latest change I made to the ability. Well, once it makes it to the live servers.

Menkure, I would be interested to know which auras also do this. Do you have a list?

Unfortunately the list of bugs for most schools is woefully limited. If we aren't aware of them, we can't fix them. Monk/Disciple and Dragon have gotten the most time because people maintained their bug lists.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Aura of Fire I spams with any other kind of damage shield present. Can be anything from COT, Spiked Scales, to my own Fire Sheath III.

And also, like the Energize/Static Aura issue with the Storm Disciples... Aura of Fire is a group AOE based buff that is a damage shield ((gained at level 78)). In the last big monk patch, I believe you upped the damage of it to the equivilant of CoT IV, which fits nicely with the level it is earned. My own Fire Sheath III ((gained at level 94)) does do better damage than it, which is expected with the level that it's obtained at. So it's actually better to keep Fire Sheath III up, and then buff everyone in the group with Aura of Fire.

Aura of Fire I has some great advantages. It does CoT IV damage, which is good even for a group of lvl 100 adventurers. If you don't have a druid around, it's a great thing to fall back on. Also, in certain situations where COT is a bad thing to use... like against Thornwood Treants, AoFI is good ((would be better if it was flame based instead of pierce though, is by chance pierce a mistake or a bug?)). The AoFI buff also lasts far longer than the CoT buff.. The Druid has to constantly cast it on everyone in the party every.. what.. 15 minutes?

Also, like with Static Aura, you can cast AoFI and everyone in the group gets both the "Buffer Augmentation" and the actual "Damage Shield". I believe this is a bug, and it happens with every other Aura I have came across in-game (( Mage: Group Flame Defense, Group Ice Defense, Magic Umbrella, etc...))

From my analysis of this, the "Buffer Aug" ((which is in the above image, titled "Effect: Aura of Fire I" should only be given to the origional caster. This Buffer then fires off every 30 seconds, and buffs everyone with the actual Aura ((Effect: Aura of Fire I effect)).

But with the way the system works right now, if you join a group and all meet someplace, like say Harro.. and you fire off AoFI, everyone gets both the buffer and the aura itself. Now, this allows one person with the buffer to leave the group, and then go on their own. Like, say.. soloing... and they will have a damage shield, which is equivalent to CoT IV.. for an hour. And with no level limitation either, I can give anyone... even a level 1 warrior. (( however, it seems that the damage is significantly reduced by level. I tested this on a lvl 23 storm disciple, and the Aura was only doing 3 to 5 pts of damage when she was attacked. I still need to do more testing on this, but have been delayed a bit. ))

That's all the information that I have regarding the Auras and their problems.. I'll have to go back as Mage and see what other auras conflict.

-Menkure

Once the patch hits live, and its confirmed by Tigris or another STMD I'll amend the list
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Heya Tigris! Good to see you alive and kicking. ;)

Re: Damage, Fitter to 100 will help a great deal. Also, though not very monk-like, I have taken Guardian for 2 hand crush. I can now use a quarterstaff as a weapon, swap to my handwrap for chain-attacks, back to quarterstaff for smashes, Crits, and general bashing.
    I crit well into the 700's. Guardian's force also helps a bit for punch damage, in particular against constructs, which seem vulnerable to Nature damage. Now, keep in mind that MY aura is based off of damage done. Yours and Fire's are based off of sheer volumn of hits, going 2hand crush will put your attack speed from 20 (capped by the system) to around 30-35 (Alacrity V). So you won't hit and stun as often, meaning that monsters will swing at you more. It also means that you will be casting alacrity V taking up a gift slot, which otherwise is a complete waste cast on a high level monk/Disciple.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Ah, I see it now. Strange that "Aura of Fire" and "Static Aura" proc'd the aura augmentation to everyone which then individually pulsed. They were not supposed to work that way. One person is supposed to pulse the aura, which benefits everyone around them.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon:

That is what I figured.. And so far as I know, all Auras do this same thing. Magic Umbrella, Flame Defense, and Ice Defense for mage. I'm not sure of any other aura abilities from other schools though, as I'm not heavily multiclassed. I do know though that this bug was common among them as well several months ago, but I haven't been in a group as a mage here recently to test it.

-Menkure

Aura of Fire and Ice, I saw. Magic Umbrella? It looks fine. You sure it gives it to everyone who then pulses?

Just tested Magic Umbrella and it's fine.

Now.. time for the other shoe.. Recently I've noticed that my damage has dropped considerably when I've been out at the mithril field. Normally if I run into a stray golem, I can defeat him, even in cargoes and crafting jewelry. A single boulder golem is much harder though, but doable if I'm careful. If I get one add though, I have to run.

Lately, I've had to run from a single regular mithril golem, and if I aggro a boulder golem, I will die.. with him down to half health.

With the latest patch, I noticed you guys programmed the simple combat to report the type of damage per hit, and I see now why the damage is so low. It's not with the actual punches I'm doing, but that my fists buff is actually doing Flame damage now. When did this change from Crush?

And also.. Uhm.. my bonus fists would do average 35-40 damage per hit, but against the same mithril golem they are now doing an average 20 to 25 damage. That's not much of a bonus, and the loss of 15 damage per hit in the long run really does hurt me.

Before, when the Fists of Flame ability did Crush damage, things were somewhat balanced... at least for my particular class. However, now that it is actually Flame damage, I'm having even far more difficulty trying to take on the many other mobs in the world. With the many mobs that have flame resistance, like all those out there on fire island... or the mithril golems per-se.. I would think that changing it to Flame now would be a major balancing nightmare.

-Menkure

Fists of flame should always have been doing flame damage rather than crush..i think it changed a few months back.

As for the difference in damage I guess mithril golems have more flame resist than crush.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

I won't argue that Fists of Flame should always have been doing flame damage instead of crush.

However, this is quite a significant change... I'm going around Istaria and fighting things my level, and the damage is pretty sad.

Before, when it was crush, it was -decent-. But now, with the bonus damage reduced by a good 16 to 20%, that really REALLY hurts my DPS. Whereas before I could take on a single monster my level/rating.. and not die.. (yes, I'd get hurt, and I'd have to rest up and heal before taking on another) NOW, I'm finding myself running from 1, or even 2, out of every 4 enemies I encounter... That is NOT fun.

I do not know what all the mobs are in the world that have flame resistance, nor do I know how much... That kind of data is not available to me.. thus I cannot suggest how to balance the FoF buff appropiately to be more balanced with the majority of the mobs. However, with the way it is now, I would rather prefer crush over this.

Ohh, seems more changes has been made now.. The actual monk punch damage has also been significantly reduced as well with the latest patch.

Check out these numbers:

[01/25/06 16:13:11] Menkure -> Mithril Boulder Golem : Multistrike IV [ 59 crush ]
    [01/25/06 16:13:11] Menkure -> Mithril Boulder Golem : Multistrike IV [ 84 crush ]
    [01/25/06 16:13:11] Menkure -> Mithril Boulder Golem : Multistrike IV [ 59 crush ]
    [01/25/06 16:13:11] Menkure -> Mithril Boulder Golem : Multistrike IV [ 81 crush ]
    [01/25/06 16:13:11] Menkure -> Mithril Boulder Golem : Multistrike IV [ 74 crush ]

[01/25/06 17:23:22] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 80 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:23:22] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 77 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:23:22] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ Dodged ]
    [01/25/06 17:23:22] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 87 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:23:22] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ Missed ]

[01/25/06 17:36:59] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 84 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:36:59] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ Dodged ]
    [01/25/06 17:36:59] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 77 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:36:59] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 74 crush ]
    [01/25/06 17:36:59] Menkure -> Mithril Golem : Multistrike IV [ 75 crush ]

This is a major nerf compared to what I was doing a week ago.. Before, I was doing around 150 to 180 per each multistrike hit.. so multistrike is down in damage by about 50%

Critical strkes are the same as well.. My average criticals are going around 170 now, which is about 50% of what I used to do.. (( My critical strikes were around 350, average ))

Amon? What have you been doing to our damage????

-Menkure

Menkure:

My Fists of Flame damage as well as regular melee damage are both lower than than they used to be, but I noticedpotentially adifferent change with Fists of Flame - the stat base.
    Previously (around a year ago) I did some testing to see what stat or skill affected the Fists of Flame damage, and the only thing I could determine that affected its damage was strength.Today, when I tried a level 50 staff to compare crits, I also noticed that Fists of Flame damage was a lot lower using a staff (teens vs 50's)..and strength was the same both times, so itis most likelyaffected by current weapon skill. (As opposed to something more obscure, such as the level of the weapon - which is doubtful. Also, melee modifiers -Nature's Fury, Unbridled Energy, and Power style have no effect on FoF damage, so it isn't tied to weapon damage itself.)
    You could at least try raising unarmed skill to raise Fists of Flame damage, perhaps.

On a side note:a crit V with a level 50 staff and 546 base / 687 current two hand crush skill is about the same as a crit V with level 95 handwraps, 1200 base / 1589 current unarmed,having thesame strength for both.
    It's rather worrisome how bad unarmed isat special attacks...

AmonGwareth, thank you for fixing many of our broken abilities andlooking into monk problems.

-Gremblthrg
    100 flamed / 100 monk / 100 fitter / 93 healer / 91 mage

Menkure, I have done nothing. And nothing has changed recently except Static Aura.

Figured I'd post here that I added a particle effect for Mind over Body and am working on getting a new particle effect for Iron Body.

MENKURE: As for the damage issue, you can take either Fitter or Warrior up to 100. Warrior would actually be faster for you as you can work off of your unarmed skill until you advance in level past your mastered "Unarmed Mastery 10", which you got at lvl 48. After you go past lvl 48, you can then use handwraps to deal more damage beyond the capped UaM.
    Yeah... I'm still undecided in that department. I have been thinking of taking up the Fitting mallet again, but I've got Weaver to 94 and wanna get that finished, and need to raise up Outfitter higher if I wanna make my own T5 gear. Sadly I'm still using equipment that is mostly t4 with t3 techs, and that's gimping me a lot. I have a *lot* on my plate at this time, and taking *another* school up to the top is just another thing on a long list of things I need to do.

AMON: The "spam" should be gone with this latest change I made to the ability. Well, once it makes it to the live servers.
    Yes, the fix worked. I even closed my old support ticket about Static Aura. That can be removed from the Monk Issue List.

HRATLI: Heya Tigris! Good to see you alive and kicking.
    Believe me when I say, HratLi... I'm GLAD to be back. :)

MENKURE: This is a major nerf compared to what I was doing a week ago.. Before, I was doing around 150 to 180 per each multistrike hit.. so multistrike is down in damage by about 50%
    AMON: Menkure, I have done nothing.
    *snort* Yeah for a set of DPS classes our damage has always sucked, nothing new there.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremblthrg
    Menkure:

On a side note:a crit V with a level 50 staff and 546 base / 687 current two hand crush skill is about the same as a crit V with level 95 handwraps, 1200 base / 1589 current unarmed,having thesame strength for both.
    It's rather worrisome how bad unarmed isat special attacks...
    -Gremblthrg
    100 flamed / 100 monk / 100 fitter / 93 healer / 91 mage
    Hahaha... Grem, how ya liking the staff? :D I think the main problem is that handwraps are a TWO handed slot 'weapon', but with just under single hand damage. The idea WAS that the Delay makes up for it, but the reality is that Alacrity and speed abilities cap you pretty quickly :(

Was this in the issues list? That handwraps are 2 hand slots and do 1 handed damage? I'm not really asking to be able to use a shield, though I won't complain if we could, but that is probably the single most solvent problem with the class.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

updated the issue list with the static aura fix.

Should their be a mention of handwraps being a two handed weapon with the damage of a one handed one?
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Thread Information