Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk issue List

Default Re: Monk issue List

EK> I think it's an issue that should be looked into. I'd add it. But that's just me.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

The staff was just for a test, it's too hard for me to hang up my hand wraps ;) Part of that is because Fists of Flame is per hit, admittedly.

Maybe sometime down the road, I'll work on guardian to 100 and try a staff; not that Fists of Flame is much help when it does 0 damage to high armor mobs such as Ogre Bodyguards.
    (Would that warrant a comment in the issues list for Flame Disciple? Every serious event mob I've fought, it did 0 damage to.)
    -Gremblthrg

[quote=HratLi]

Hahaha... Grem, how ya liking the staff? [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] I think the main problem is that handwraps are a TWO handed slot 'weapon', but with just under single hand damage. The idea WAS that the Delay makes up for it, but the reality is that Alacrity and speed abilities cap you pretty quickly [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

Every serious event mob I've fought, it did 0 damage to
    I've been too busy crafting to really go out and fight with the changes.. I was afraid that this would be the case.. *sighs*

Flamers loose a pt in evasion.. and we make up for it in damage.. those Fists of Flame are our defining class ability.. it is what makes us who we are..

Why.. WHY even be a flamer if the one defining ability of our school is useless???

Which event mobs have you noticed this with and is it limited to event mobs? Should the event mobs be logically resistant to fire?
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

It's not limited to event mobs, just anything with high defense.. which named high levelevent mobs all have. The problem is the damage is reduced by armor til it reaches 0. I used to have this problem on regular mobs even premerge, until I levelled fitter; now I run with 1600+ strength and unarmed, so Fists of Flame damage is muchhigher than with 600 strength 920 unarmed. (level 100 flame disciple pure)

Surtheim I would expect to be immune to fire, but SoG and the other big two? even on regular blighted yew holiday treants, which are weaker to fire, it does almost nodamage, and 0to the named blighted xmas treant; Ogre Bodyguards, it does usually 0 damage, up to atmost 7 damage. Older event mobs include anamed Lieutenant outside Harro ~1 year ago, and thelevel 117 conjurer that was at the novo machine pre merge.

It's just really frustrating to have a class defining ability thatconsistently does nothing to anything tough.

Mind you, lower level event mobs aren't as bad and take regular damage, such as the Dire Rabid Winter Wolf (level 80 wolf boss that spawned near Mahagra during the holidays). But as a level 100 with 500+ supporting levels, I shouldn't be forced to pick on baby mobs.

- Gremblthrg

Please makea change to General - Offense: there is no longer a haste cap keeping our attack speed at 1 round per second; I can now get my attack speed down to a little over half a second, in bursts (gnomian prowess, alac V, unbridled energy, saja's potion effect) - see HratLi's thread, 'Thoughts on Handwrap damage and Monk schools in general...'
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=120155.
    *goes looking for gummy wossnames to see if theylower delay some more*

- Gremblthrg

Can we add the bug to General: Monk issue List is b0rked on page three... improper post handling? [:P]

Or is this just an issue with me and Mozilla?

I thought it was just me :) I think there's a bad tag in one of the quoted messages.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

A mod needs to fix the broken post, Amon can you do it
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

*bumpage to get the monk list back at the top and not be on the bottom of the last page of monk posts*

Some general thoughts:[*]Flow like water applies +40 to dodge however with increased mob weapon skills it is unlikely a monk will win the evaasion vs mob weapon skill contest so the +40 dodge mostly does not help.
    *I* personally found this to have been greatly improved around the time of the great Melee Evasion revamp. FLW aka "Pee my Pants" seems to make a MAJOR difference in combat when I kick it in nowadays. Granted I usually hunt a good 5-20 levels under my current class level, but even against named it seems to do pretty well. It certainly SEEMS weighted a lot more than standard evasion. Anyone have any thoughts?

[*]Spirit D: Instant Transfer: It doesn't 'heal', it transfers. In other words you TAKE 200 pts of damage to give someone else 200 pts of health... once. Pretty silly ability at level 90. Self Sac can heal for around (need to look this up will get back to you on the numbers) and cost you only XX% the pts healed.

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Bug!!

Menkure indicated that Static Aura is giving other people in range of Static Aura the buff that buffs other people with Static Aura.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Tigris

"The on character effect or vampire fists (glowies) often disappears after porting"

This is not a Spirit Disciple problem, this is an ALL-DISCIPLESHIPS problem. Also the sound effect noise - while cool - is really annoying after a while. I actually will turn my game sound off, turn the buff on, and then turn the game sound back on - to avoid it.

I have moved that item to the general - misc section
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Default Firestorm

Just making a comment on Firestorm's damage - it does (and always has done) 70-80 damage. I don't know how this compares to T1 single target fire spells as I don't have them, but here's a little comparison to flame aoe spells:

Flame Bomb II w/flame damage II: 46-69 damage. Reqs level 32, 340 flame = level 54 flame disc w/o TPs

Flame Bomb III unteched: 57-80 damage, recycle 0:15, range 35, area 7. Reqs level 52, 520 flame - 72 flame disc

Firestorm: 70-80 damage. Reqs level 90 flame disc

Flame Bomb III w/flame damage III: 71-107 damage. Reqs level 52, 550 flame - level 75 flame disc

Flame Bomb IV unteched: 78-108 damage. Reqs level 72, 720 flame - 92 flame disc

Flame Bomb IV w/flame damage IV: 96-144 damage. Reqs level 72, 760 flame - 96 flame disc

All bombs are recycle 0:15, range 35, area 7; firestorm is recycle 10:00, range 20, area 30.

Damage wise, it's a bit behind unteched bombs, and a fair ways behind teched bombs (not counting a second tech for gale/romp/pierce/etc on the bombs, either) for a pure flame disc; any mage would get the bombs 20 levels sooner, and get teched flame bomb V (120-181 dmg with flame damage V).

As 100 flame disc/100 mage, the damage on firestorm is still so low as to be useless on anything above T1 - even with fusion burn/multicast I/perfect spell it can barely kill level 20 mobs. And without the mage skills? A sandstone pebble golem can survive getting hit by it.
    The graphical effect is nice, though! Thanks to Amon or whoever added that. 8D

Iron Body will not override True Grit V, which it should, seeing as it grants 800 and a bit more armour.

The Flow Like Water skill needs to be moved to the fixed list. It's basically granting a 40% chance to dodge anything that's dodgeable, and that's a *huge* benefit.

Imo, monks should get 11UA as Berserkers get 112HS per lvl. Both are supposed to be pure melee classes, and both also wear the same armour, and get 10 evasion per lvl. The disciples should get 10 unarmed like the other prestige classes get for their primary weapons.

Also, I'm not sure which STMD skill it is, but it has a kind of electricity hum that's on endless repeat; the sound stays at the point the STMD used the ability, even if the monk runs off. Over time it becomes quite annoying if you're camping in the same location.

Given that Spirit Disciples already leech 50% of their attack damage between 30% and 50% of the time (depending on their level), pillage spirit's 10 minute timer seems ridiculously long. I'd suggest it get dropped to 1 or 2 minutes to make it a more valuable skill.
    Last edited by Xarog; April 27th, 2006 at 04:09 AM.

Tigris

Also, I'm not sure which STMD skill it is, but it has a kind of electricity hum that's on endless repeat; the sound stays at the point the STMD used the ability, even if the monk runs off. Over time it becomes quite annoying if you're camping in the same location.
    It's called Lightning Claws.

Can disciples do the spirit of the monkey quest ??

Or do they have to take monk to 30 just to get rthe dex boost, or does the ability cross over to desciple dor not or is it something totally different?

Also, what is the reward for the level 20 quest?
    Last edited by Seenu; May 29th, 2006 at 09:10 AM.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the disciple classes have any trainer quests; to get Spirit of the Monkey, we'd have to take monk to 30+ and do the quest.
    The reward for the level 20 monk quest is Medallion of the Disciples, a necklace that adds 1-1 damage (not sure if it's delay adjusted), and the ability to join any disciple school (also need 200 unarmed, so don't run off and drop monk just cause you completed that quest).
    - Grem

Did some more testing - turns out flow like water isn't anywhere near as powerful as I thought it was.

Thread Information