Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Monk issue List

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Unfortunately I seem unable to update the actual Issue list post, perhaps a mod can fix that for me.
    This is because recent change made it possible to edit posts only up to 30 minutes after posting. It makes creating edit-as-you-go lists like monk or dragon issues list impossible.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

You do me too much honour, Menkure. That was purely a typo, I'm afraid.

About the no-edit issue, I've bitched a bit at Dotcher (in which I'm not alone =P) about it and he'll try to fix something to alleviate the problem when he can.
    Last edited by tramsan; July 12th, 2006 at 01:52 AM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Unfortunately I seem unable to update the actual Issue list post, perhaps a mod can fix that for me. I will add the static aura overwriting other more powerful stances to the list when I can, but I doubt it will be an easy thing to fix.

All the disciples are a great concept, but the implementation is lacking, I hope some day that is fixed.
    heheheh like a lot of things in HZ, sadly....
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Storm disc has lowest DPS? I'd have to say that storm, spirit, and ice disciples are all tied in that regard; while their fist buffs have different effects, none of them do extra damage, and all have the same unarmed, strength, dex, et cetera stats and skills.
    I'm certainly not denying that static aura has issues, mind you. I've seen some of the comments on these boards of people complaining that a storm disc killed the offense of their group by having the aura up; here's hoping they fix it, and maybe make Aura of Fire I worth using while they are at it.
    - Grem

Stormie does the least of the Disciples because most
    MOBs have much higher Nature Resistance than they
    do Spirit or Ice (or Flame)
    Got Cowbell?

Not to start an arguement but I'm with Grem.

The Lightning fist does NOT change your damage to Nature, nor does the spirit fist to spirit. Ice gets an Ice attack Buff but that is optional. So all our attacks are essentially the same. I hazard to say that the delay reduction buffs that Stormies get even edges Ice Attack out.

If you are talking spells, Stormies get Nature which has more AoE's and ones that stun and are sequentially castable at that. Add to that utility spells like root and Earthen crust I think it's solid.

Ice D's get binding crystals, ice attack, and now they have bolts(missing when I was an Ice D). They can Bind a mob and pelt them from afar while they stay bound, and they have a single AoE the Ice Bomb.

Spirit D's get Paroxysm as their only AoE, but it's a small drain that by itself does no initial 'bang' damage to all the mobs hit, just the 15-30 damage a tick drain. Our ability is that we can try to drain health off of mobs, but no damage boosters. Would be nice to have an ethereal fist ;D

-HratLi
    Last edited by HratLi; July 13th, 2006 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HratLi
    Would be nice to have an ethereal fist ;D
    It's called spirit form.

Tigris

Yeah... nice to have a worthwhile lvl 80 epic, eh?

The Spirit D level 80 ability rocks, its one of the few level 80's that do.

I think all the disciples except flame are equal in damage, and the storm d aside from the static aura issue is probably most useful to a group and best for soloing, you get heals, roots, stuns and buffs from nature as well as your abilities. Spirit D's get the awesome life tapping of their vamp fists and the spirit life tapping spells which helps them in survivability.

Ice D's I think get the shaft in comparisom they have a crap spell line and a number of broken abilities, ice attack isn't a fair trade off for broken abilities.

Of course having the spells and being able to use them do vary for we disciples, which is part of what makes me think the Storm D is ahead because it had buffs and heals that don't miss because they are on self or other players in addition to their offensive spells.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I will be making the following changes in the next patch:
    • FIX: Static Aura will no longer overwrite Energize II.
    • FIX: Aura of Fire will now do flame damage instead of pierce.
    • FIX: Iron Body will now overwrite True Grit.
    • FIX: Ice Tomb now uses a combined timer rather than two separate.
    • FIX: Group Ice Armor I and II will now use the Ice Armor augmentation icon.
    • CHANGE: Pillage Spirit will now do maximum damage.
    • CHANGE: Shatter will now do ice damage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    FIX: Static Aura will no longer overwrite EnergizeII.
    Unless this also means it won't overwrite the other abilities we've talked about, it won't solve the issue. Very good to see the other fixes, though.

Nothing will solve it 100%, I'm afraid. But it is an improvement, for sure.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 14th, 2006 at 05:19 AM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

FIX: Static Aura will no longer overwrite Energize II.
    Unimportant and will do nothing as both do the same. Critical are all the lower short duration abilitys that are more powerfull.
    Flurry, umbridled energys, ...

Flurry has a higher value then energize II, but Umbridled energy does not. This is the point where it used to be, I think.

If you mean what it's actually at now, then yes, AA0.

If you mean what is right and proper, then no. Unbridled needs to overwrite both energize and static.

oh, I agree. But it is a step in the right direction.

I will be making the following changes in the next patch:
    • FIX: Static Aura will no longer overwrite Energize II.
    • FIX: Aura of Fire will now do flame damage instead of pierce.
    • FIX: Iron Body will now overwrite True Grit.
    • FIX: Ice Tomb now uses a combined timer rather than two separate.
    • FIX: Group Ice Armor I and II will now use the Ice Armor augmentation icon.
    • CHANGE: Pillage Spirit will now do maximum damage.
    • CHANGE: Shatter will now do ice damage.
    *cheers*
    Glad to see IB take priority over TG, as well as the other changes; I'm your fan as always, Amon.
    Time for me to find a level 80+ ice disc main, once this goes live; I am curious to see Ice Tomb/Shatter.
    -Grem

Oh, by the way, we tested the Ice Tomb/Shatter combo yesterday on Genesis. Hal'cyon did 3500-4200 damage to a Kwellen with a single hit as a Level 100 Ice Disciple using Ice Tomb and Shatter.

That's wonderful.

Now how do you suppose a Storm Disciple is ever
    going to come CLOSE to that type of damage?
    Got Cowbell?

I don't think they are supposed to, but stunning constantly has benefits

Thread Information