Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Monk issue List

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I don't think they are supposed to, but stunning constantly has benefits
    I would LOVE to see you go out as a Storm Disciple
    and even THINK you are going to "constantly stun"
    a blighted kwellen. You will get your ****** handed to you.
    Got Cowbell?

Yep, but they aren't supposed to be killed solo either.

Ah.. so Stormies shouldn't be able to solo Kwellen,
    but it's okay for Ice Disciples to be able to... gotcha.
    Got Cowbell?

(I can kill blighted kwellens like there's no tomorrow... *cough*)

<_<

>_>

Well, one at a time. Without blights. Unless you are referring to the event kwellens, but IIRC the regular T6 kwellens are called "blighted."
    Last edited by tramsan; July 14th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Oh, by the way, we tested the Ice Tomb/Shatter combo yesterday on Genesis. Hal'cyon did 3500-4200 damage to a Kwellen with a single hit as a Level 100 Ice Disciple using Ice Tomb and Shatter.
    yeah!! I have never played ice disciple, but remember when a group member told about these two abilites... and was sad when I was told they didnt work together properly. and now they do it's very class defining, and awesome!!

edit: all the unarmed classes need a combo like this, they deserve it. put it on the pony list for adv school revamps. (non masterable, mmk)
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Tigris

• FIX: Static Aura will no longer overwrite Energize II.
    Okay... so say you had 2 stormies together. (Unlikely I know, but it's hypothetical.) One has Static up and one has Energize 2 up. They are both getting the same effect. But will the one with Static Aura up get spammed with an error message saying that the person with Energize II failed to receive Static Aura because they have a better spell?

At what point did Flurries change so that you cannot use flurries with Energize II or Static Aura? There was a day - probably a year or so ago - when they didn't conflict. What's the point of having flurry if I have to DISABLE/REMOVE 1 or 2 other class abilities first? What makes you think I could do that in a heavy combat scenario? I can't. Flurry is now useless as a result and off my hotkey bar.

• FIX: Aura of Fire will now do flame damage instead of pierce.
    Mmmm Where's Menkure gotten off to?

• FIX: Iron Body will now overwrite True Grit.
    Will it destroy/remove the True Grit buff? I need some definition of overwrite there. Add to? Stack with? Completely destroy the other? Temporarily take the place of?

overwrite destroys something, you will need to be rebuffed. I think all feedback should just be disabled for static aura

Tigris

Oh, by the way, we tested the Ice Tomb/Shatter combo yesterday on Genesis. Hal'cyon did 3500-4200 damage to a Kwellen with a single hit as a Level 100 Ice Disciple using Ice Tomb and Shatter.
    Ice: The new DPS.

I don't think they are supposed to, but stunning constantly has benefits
    You have GOT to be joking...

How about this. Amon, AA0, Tramsan, myself, and Menkure will go out and hunt something.... oooh level 95ish. And we'll see just how often I can keep the ******** thing stunned using every stun in my repetoire.

*SNORT* Stunning constantly my little furry a$$.
    Last edited by Tigris; July 14th, 2006 at 11:10 PM.

Tigris

overwrite destroys something, you will need to be rebuffed. I think all feedback should just be disabled for static aura
    Can't something just temporarily replace something else, and then once it wears off, the old buff is reinstated?

For example:

Flurry.

Stage 1. Energize (or some other long-term haste buff) is active.
    Stage 2. Flurry is used.

Energize is temporarily no longer in effect. The buff is there, but not being calculated. Instead flurry takes effect.

Stage 3. Flurry ends.

Once Flurry leaves the calculation, the Energize buff calculation returns.

Simple. No need to rebuff anything.

No, it can't.

And I confirmed with Smeglor that the current patch on blight fixes the problem with Static Aura. We tracked it down to a bug in the update process that occurred a long time ago.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Tigris

Specifically the bug with Energize? Or with other haste abilities too?

There are three conditions that augmentations can encounter.

1) They can apply successfully
    2) They can conflict and be rejected
    3) They can conflict and overwrite

If they overwrite, the augmentation that is overwritten is destroyed.

Hope that helps.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Tigris

The following is an an actual in game test.

Character: lvl 100 STMD
    Shard of play: Order

IF Energize 2 is active:
    • Flurry overwrites Energize 2
    • Static Aura overwrites Energize 2

IF Static Aura is active:
    • If you try to use Energize 2, you will receive an error message.
    • If you try to use Flurry, you will receive an error message.

I am unable to log over to Blight to test there at this time. Once I'm able to do so, I will run the same test there.

CONCLUSIONS:

I have no objection to things being overwritten and having to rebuff them, really. It's annoying, but I can write a macro around it.

What I have a real issue with is having to right click TWO DIFFERENT static aura buffs (buffer and buff) to remove them both WHILE IN COMBAT in order to use my Flurry. That seems to me to be a really bad design flaw.

Amon changed that so Flurry and energize will overwrite Aura.. but unbridled energy still won't. This isn't even on blight yet to test.

Tigris

Amon changed that so Flurry and energize will overwrite Aura.. but unbridled energy still won't. This isn't even on blight yet to test.
    I'll test them when they get to Blight.

Some nice fixes Amon, tis good to see Ironbody overwrite TG, and AoF doing fire damage.

Woo that nice ice tomb/shatter sounds ******** impressive. I agree it would be nice to see a similar combo thing for all disciples.

Flurry, Evasive style, power style, and energise are all styles, as such you need to choose which to use at which time and manage them as part of your combat strategy. Static aura is an ability but it activates a style it would be nice if unbridled energy could overwrite it but because unbridled energy is a low level ability I don't think its possible.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Naisha

Woo that nice ice tomb/shatter sounds ******** impressive. I agree it would be nice to see a similar combo thing for all disciples.
    Amon any thoughts of giving something similar for the other disciples?

Quote Originally Posted by Naisha
    Amon any thoughts of giving something similar for the other disciples?
    I concur. Would be nice to know if this is a not-too-distant
    possibility... quite frankly, I'm nearly ready to "forget" my
    100 levels of Storm Disciple :-/
    Got Cowbell?

Naisha

i could think of a few combo's that would make sence
    flame disciple: Burning fist(ignights the target [causes a dot]) and a new move Combustion (causes the flames allready burning him to explode into direct damage anda more powerful dot)

storm disciple: Lightning strike(stuns target for a short time and causes attack slow[attack slow lasts longer then stun so you can get the other part off] relativly low dmg) Thundering blow(is the high dmg part)

spirit disciple: cant think of a pair yet that sounds like it could work

I'm just glad that a lot of the bugs are being fixed. Thanks Amon!

As far as adding new abilities and fixes, I think we'll have to wait for the class rebalances. Fixing an existing one seems to be the best that the devs can do for now since they are focused on a few major things at a time.

-HratLi

Thread Information