Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP Arena coming to Blight

Default Re: PvP Arena coming to Blight

Now that we're off topic and everything, as far as I know the portal cost formula is this:

cost = 4c * (max level)

easy, neh? And for you non-mathers, yes that is a linear formula. c = 4*L, that's a straight line.
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

hehe thnx Sarpedos, now we can end that part and let people comment on the arena [:D] which still looks sexier everytime I gander at the screenshot.

Boar Mask is not future content. oh and i'm a Zerker tooo.

and who shouldn't be a zerker? I think in Arena that will be one of the dominate classes.... and for the love of god don't make usworthless if one person complains that we stomped him[:'(] I'm afriad thats going to happen and I have money that says it will [:'(]

prob have more complaints about dragons. plus, you have to willfuly choose to fight a zerker. if you die, lol it's your fault. I can say that as a mage, I would think twice about it[;)]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Given the fact that it is not unconsentual pvp, but invite only, and since it won't affect me one iota, go for it. Hope you all have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    prob have more complaints about dragons. plus, you have to willfuly choose to fight a zerker. if you die, lol it's your fault. I can say that as a mage, I would think twice about it[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    lol, thats what I told my guild, I wont complain I fully understand what it means to go in there, I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose alot anyways. But wont mean I didn't have fun. [:D]

Rhaiannon

Okie dokie, as a pvp fan and a pve fan, i love this arena. need a few more of em with actuall targets to capture in opposing teams, but since its completely cut off from the pve world with no effect on the pve world except making a market for resist armor [:P], theres not much room for the anti pvpguys to complain [:)]

Went there last night. I had a blast. And I almost could have had PJ, but my targeting was messed up.

I see a big disadvantage for melee players against casters. They can root or freeze you in place. And Rangers arrows sure do go very far. If anything the Dev's can at least see how some classes are truly unbalanced.

All and all though when fighting in teams its makes things very interesting.

I am not sure if we should have DP's associated though. I mean this area is basically totally separete from game so why have DP's. Also there should be a bind spot and port out of the arena.

Other then that, Bro I would say you did good on your lunch breaks! I'll have to leave you alone during your lunch more offen :)

Jayne

Trib don't like the mask? The mask you speak of isnt all powerful. It is basically berserker rage without the after effect. And it does not help against a caster. It is very short term and is not god like. Remember depending on who you fight, you may hit zerker rage or a mask prematurely. Thus not being able to utilize its benefit if your rooted or such.

Jayne

I was there last night fought a few battles with friends. I have to say I enjoyed it alot. Definate differance from what everyone is used to. If you get bored and need a break from crafting or hunting this is the place to be. After fighting you can talk to everyone about advice to make you stronger, Or pick another foe and have at it again.

Only problems I have seen that might be reviewed (At Lunch)

1. 10 minute timer is not even close to be long enough. I might Suggest 30 minutes. After all unless you can one hit a healer it takes a while to kill one.

2. Death points I dont think it matters to me much but it actually limits the fun you can have it you get to many. Might i suggest maybe a Knocked out or similar message.

3. To much space between towers specially if you want to do a hunt attack and circle around behind your enemy. (30 minute timer might solve this)

4. I like the no reward bit but I have to say there actually is reward in the battles you get to see were your abilitys are good and were you lack. For instance Healers do not do much in Melee even with special weapons. But I know now and can fix this issue. (Not really a problem in my opinion but wanted to mention it)

For my stats I Lost 2, and Draw 5, No wins
    I will multi another class to aid my healer in Damage and try again.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Death points do matter if you wanna leave and go about your business killing the WA. After all this area is to hone our skills, thus it should be as if we were practicing and not really in a death state.

Jayne

I'll tell you what I'm a braze lvl man,

First time in Arena,

Fought an Archer, He used Lightning arrow alot LOL (of course), then he felt bad and stopped... I got next to him 2 hits later he started it again ROLFMAO.

(I believe his reaction was "HOLY &^%$* Wheres my lightning hotkey?!?)
    (that is what he told me)

then I went against a dragon,

Used Sheild of God and I was dominated [:D], if only I would have known hehe,

Anyhow I've never had that much fun in Horizons this is diffenitly a turn for the better. [Y]

I'm glad that those who voluntarily go to the arena are having some fun with it. Be advised that we will not listen to feedback of the "I lost to X so do Y." We are only interested in making the player-vs-monster experience more fun, and this is a testing ground for us to do this... do not expect us to change anything. Don't like deathpoints, don't die. Want a shrine? Not going to happen. We will add things to allow us to do better testing... ie... trainers and maybe a vaultkeeper.

Remember the intent of the arenas... and they'll be able to stay. If there is anynegativespill-over to the rest of the game, I will make them inaccessible to players immediately. We've left a ball in a playground, play nice...

David
    David Bowman

David

Thanks for the allowing us to play with the ball. However you might reconsider the potiential for a little growth in the PvP arena. Call it Loyalty Marketing you are giving some of your players something that will always be differant and will keep the higher level players entertained for a long while. In turn really giving you that extra time without constant complaints for High end content. I'm sure it won't eliminate that but if you give and hour of work a day to improvement to make x players happy for a time and you might actually get some of those players who left a reason to come back. I'm far from a Computer Gaming Marketing Guru. But it seems to me that if you have a fair amount of players entertained with certain content it cant be that bad a content to have.

I am not a PvP person at all, But I sure did have alot of fun even when I lost. I will mostly be on Order Rping and increasing my abilities. But when all my friends decided they want to do something differant that day we will go Pvp for a while. Already talk about a Order vs Chaos High Rated Battle.

Just my 2 cents listen or not Overall I love Horizons.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    We are only interested in making the player-vs-monster experience more fun, and this is a testing ground for us to do this... do not expect us to change anything. Don't like deathpoints, don't die.
    I disagree. During the testing, if I happen to die more than 5 times let's say, my use as a tester is now gone, since my penalty weakens me too much, and I must do something else.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Yes Trib, I believe it was lighting arrow that did me in when Lex and I played. I don't mind losing alot because I can't get to the opponent to hit them. Everyone knows the damage we can do if we can get to them, there is no arguement.

The way I look at it, if I can finally get a kill after learning more about how I can possibly avoid those rooted type situations, then I trully did do something special. I love being the Underdog. Will I keep trying? Of course, the challenge is what makes the game for me. I guarantee the more I lose the more I will come back! I know those I did get close enough to will admit they were scared when I did....hehe. We all have our place in the world of Istaria.

Jayne

Well Jayne if you saw me today you would have seen me lose ALOT [:D]

But I loved doing it anyway, alot had to do with the fact I was at half strength.. anyhow I still plan on doing it alot. (after i get back to full str)

Smeglor, Thank you

David, this is one fine example of end-game content. Horizons took crafting and made CRAFTING.Can adventuring could be made into ADVENTURING? Arenas are a very profound step.

This is marketable - the first great "reason" to multi-class aside from nothing else to do

I do suggest a PvP ranking system with rewards - even if its as simple as a title. This is simple to put into the game and creates purpose to end-game

Loot, Consetual PvP, Epic Quests, Instanced Dungeons are backbones - since pencil and paper D&D days. Roll for intiative...
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

I don't think this solves anything,but what it does do is very effectivly buy time for them to add content and try to improve game, either way I hope it is here to stay atleast on blight.

Thread Information