Thread: Dragon Subclasses

ashiro

Default Dragon Subclasses

Why isn't there any? Classes for dragons that give a different set of abilities, but require so many points into a certain skill or skills to get. Like a dragon claw master, or a primal warden or something. Something to distinguish dragons apart from eachother a bit more.

Ixalmaris

Default Re: Dragon Subclasses

When there would be classes dragon wouldn't be different from bipeds they only have a different skin.

only if the classes were the same as bipeds

AE's design philosphy on dragons was that we would have only one adventure subclass and one crafting sublass. We master everything we need in each of those, making us jacks of all trades and masters of none. Lunus and Helian paths were, I guess, meant to grant melee and spellcasting specialization... However, now with the upcoming laircrafter class it seems there's been a shift in this philosophy. It remains to be seen what their plan is for dragons.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

StalothHoard

Has it been said that Lair Shaping will be a completely different class from Dragon Cradter?

Or will it just be added to the list of classes we already have, and be automaticly set based on our level and skill point allocations?

I would prefer the second. It's enough work getting adventure and crafting to 100. Already I am grinding to make money for a lair, then will grind to build it.. don't want to have to grind to learn the ability to build it as well.

Dragon lairshaper will be a separate class. This implies you will start at level 1 in it. But since you are crafter 100 already, and lairshaping will most likely go live before the yet-to-be-scheduled crafting changes, it means you can grind it up pretty fast at mithril.

edit: Of course, unless they decide lairshaping is prestige school. Then it'll most likely require 10-15 crafter levels and start at that level instead of 1.

Unless they decide to use us dragons asGuinna pigs to test this out with. Also There is talk of 2 skills being added but not if they will fall under one or two new classes. With lairshapping we are also suppose to get Crystal shaping.

Dragon subclasses?

Quote from David Bowman 8/6/05 (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/647/647893p1.html)

In addition, we are now developing new quest-based schools for Ancient Dragons. This will allow players to make choices about how they wish to specialize their Ancient Dragons in a similar way to how the other 10 races currently multi-school. Our goal is not to make the Dragons the same as the other races, but to provide an interesting way to further progress this uniquely Horizons player experience.
    Hopefully this isn't just another fictional preview and it will actually go live ... and not 3 years from now.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I hope these quest line ofabilities need exp to progress afterfinishing thequest to get them. We have so much untapped exp stored up it bothers me lol.

Actually, the last I heard about our exp a good while ago - and plans may have changed since, I don't know - goes like this: When the level cap goes up to 120 on some future day, it is business as usual for everyone with experience for levels 1 to 100. But those with enough experience to place them on level 101 or above will have it snipped to one point below achieving level 101. Then the race to 120 is on.

With a plan like that, it is very unlikely they are planning to have any uses for dragons' 'untapped experience'. It is pure waste exp for bipeds, and they'd raise a terrible brouhaha if the waste exp was actually not-so-wasted on dragons.

Thread Information