It came to my attention while reading this week's meeting notes - that there were several things that weren't clear as far as forum notification, voting, discussion, and such duties as that. People were suggesting things that were already in action, and have been for some time. But I think again, many of those have never been to these forums to know - but yet noone at the meeting let them know that this was already being done.

So I thought I'd lay it out here so people can undersatnd the exact process as it stands *right now*. Pre-charter. If it works and everyone is happy - it can of course be included in the charter (and some of it already is...)

Some time ago Plink called for a volunteer/nomination (before the forum stuff got more organized...*cough*) for someoen to be the Forum LIasion. Basically at type of "team leader" for forums. I volunteered and received that position. I am the only person on this "team" as I ddni't really see it as a job that needed like..5 people to do. And that even more than one or two people might just make it too confusing and more unnecessary beuracracy. So i've not asked for Volunteers to help me (its not a big job, esp. since I can see forums from work)

But basically, my job, as Forum Liasion for the Community Meetings - is to call, hold, and coordinate - discussions and voting issues that come up at each meeting. Then to pass along to Plink/Tokoz all relevant voting numbers when the forum votes are "closed" - by myself.

I post up "official" discussion threads on any and all topics brought up at the community meetings that call for further discussion. These discussions normally go at least a week, before a possible vote is called (giving voters a week before the next meeting). Sometimes the discussions continue on through multiple meetings, before a vote is called - depending on the nature and length of the discussion.

Once a vote is called - either by an ending of discussion or by the next community m eeting - I post here for the "official" vote thread. That thread remains open for at least week, if not closer to two weeks, and closes the AM of the day of the next Community meeting. The results from the voting thread on the forum are tabulated, posted, and I send Tokoz the results directly as well. Tokoz/Plink then calls for a meeting vote that night, and adds these results to the forum results to find the majority.

Votes are *only* Counted that are spoken *outloud* at the community meeting, or posted in public at the forums for all to see and the record to be kept as to who voted what when (to make sure they don't overlap with forum votes).

Votes are *not* taken via private PM, or private tells, to ANYONE. I *strongly* advocate this position as there is no way to really "verify" private communications between parties and someone (not Plink...) later on as moderator could very well stack the vote however he wanted to go by just saying "oh well 10 people told me private they are voting blahblah" Or any other side in a vote, for that matter.

So votes remain *public* and it only counts if you speak up in public - either in the meeting by typing your response when the vote is called, or on the forums by posting your vote.

Once the votes are "officially" counted by me from the community logs - I've always posted the "total final count" on the relevant voting thread - so that way everyone sees the exact numbers for and against the issue.

I hope this helps to explain the "process" as it is now - both as far as timelines and how things are compiled and distributed.

Right *now* multiple accounts allow for multiple votes. And we only can rely on the player's honesty in telling us wther they have multiple accounts. And we rely on other players who perhaps *know* otherwise if a player is lying, to let it be known. So far, I've yet to see any abuse of this "honor policy" - nor have I been made aware of such. But I certainly see the concerns wanting only one vote per person, per account. Either way the community decides *shrugs*. Doens't really make my duties much different ;).

I DO think its a good idea to have a forum liasion that sets up an individual, or group of individuals (team), responsible for making sure "word gets out" between the forums and the meetings. This allows for COmmunity Moderator to focus on meeting agendas and issues - and they don't have to worry about making sure the discussions and votes get where they need to go. Good way to delegate responsiblity - and I have no problems continuing in this "job" :). I'm on the forums daily anyway, and I enjoy it.

But should I ever step down, then yes I think the "team" or "position" needs to continue for further community development. Neither side needs to feel left out, and including both "forums" (in game and here) allows for hte most amount of feedback, discussion, and overall inclusion of the player base - esp. for those who can't make the meeting times (including myself, I've missed quite a few :)).

Anyone has any questions please feel free to ask - I can clarify or provide more information - or if we want to add any of these "responsibilities/jobs" to the charter I can try and think of some way to word that.

Just felt from the community meeting - that either the information wasnt' known, or wasn't being put out there for enough people to know where to go to find it.