Drain Strike 8

[img]../images/temp/drain_strike_8.jpg[/img]

Manga

Default Re: Rift Boss Rewards

Primal Rebirth 1

[img]../images/temp/primal_rebirth_1.jpg[/img]

Woot!

You blurred out the text! OMGOMG, I will now use my de-blurr tool...

"Here's your <censored>ing ability, you whining punks! Next time, I delete the race! All ur b4s3 are belong to us!"

whoa...

Edit: Adjusted to conform to forum guidelines.[;)]

Very good to hear!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Well... I'm still not going to hotkey dragon fear. Considering how regularly mezzes accidentally get broken in group combat, it can turn into a big drain with little reward. In solo combat that would be more useful, but I rather than pay hoard for mezzing an add I'd fly away; it costs nothing.

Drain Strike costs hoard now too? Well, considering how much damage I can dish out, this may be cost-efficient. It somewhat depends on the answer to a general category question: in HZ, are damage adjustments applied before or after armor damage reduction? In case of this attack, if I am normally doing an average of 1 point of damage to foe, will Drain VIII double that to either an average of 2 points (adjusted after armor) or a whole lot more (adjusted before armor)? In any case, seems I need to regulate this ability in the manner of SS and GR.

Our rez now seems to have turned into Superior Resurrection - it eats a death point. With 1-hour recycle and cost of 5000, my earlier comments stand: a support ability to get the regular rezzer back up (well of course; if everyone is dead and you have one shot for a rez you don't waste it on someone else).

Note: YMMV. I'm a miser when it comes to burning hoard. When hunting, I am generally aware of the rate at which I am losing hoard, and will start cutting back when I decide I've wasted enough without having found any hoardables. My hoard is usually always growing, but I believe it is thanks to my restraint, not the drop rates.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Arg, nonononononono! Please stop taking away dragon abilities and changing them to something with a hoard cost! First we lost vital strike and that ice attack for silver strike and gold rage, now we're going to lose drain strike too. I just hope I'm not required to learn this ability like I was required to learn the others.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

that's an improvement to drain stike but you ahhh forgot spiked scales =p and please please no hoard cost on spiked scales

unless of course t6 mobs are given hoard drops and the duration of spiked scales is increased to 15 minutes :)

Even revised, I still find them way too expensive.

1500 hoard for a mez?
    Gold strike does a lot more for about a third of the cost. Unlesss they decided to increase GR's cost to 2000 HV :P

As for the Rez. It's sickening to see how it again got aimed as a biped dependency tool. If it's used as someone mentioned to raise the main rezzer, then that mean it's use to ressurect biped only Forget dragons only groups. Once they rezed each other up, they's screwed for the next hour.
    Unless they got a biped with them.

Really dissapointing.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I think gold rage 10 would be about2000 or even more.

The mez probably won't be used much. If it's unresistable it may be usefull later on when harder npcs are introduced, but right now a single npc mez isn't all that usefull

As for dragon only groups i'll hold my breath for these dragon "schools'' Note we are also missing the innate bonuses(armor, hit points ect)

Back to dragon only groups. We may yet see dragon "healers" able to hold a group with other dragons and do just as good as bipeds.

I agree about the rez also, i would prefer a 30 sec rez like bipeds just without a death point reduction, but again we may see that through the multiclassing so i dono what to think like. I can't even figure out what they mean by quest based schools.

I think a better dragon fear a would be an ae 10 second duration stun rather than mez for 600 hoard.

Wooooooaah! You prefer a Res like a Biped??? Lets fix what you just said, not all bipeds can res. In fact most can't. So now Dragons can? So when do I get to Res????

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    Arg, nonononononono! Please stop taking away dragon abilities and changing them to something with a hoard cost! First we lost vital strike and that ice attack for silver strike and gold rage, now we're going to lose drain strike too. I just hope I'm not required to learn this ability like I was required to learn the others.
    Yes! Or if you must replace free abilities with hoard abilities, stick to replacing the crappy abilities. I consider drain strike a crappy ability. The extra healing isn't worth much and if the fight is so close that it matters I'm probably dead anyway. MAYBE with a 200% damage adjustment, a hoard cost of only 200, and 100% healingthe new drain strikeMIGHT be worth it.

But PLEASE don't replace tail strike, ravage, bite, orspiked scales with hoard abilities.

In fact I"m getting a little nervous about some of these hoard costs. If I'm in a group and they want me to use them I better see a whole lot of shinies. The mez better be durn useful since it's approximately the cost of two gold rages. It sure isn't needed with regular tier V mobs and below. MAYBE if the outpost mobs become the norm it might be useful for handling adds but anyone who breaks a mez can just hand over a shiny right then and there if they don't want me to fly off in disgust.

Personally, I'd rather take a death point knowing it'll be gone the next day then caugh up 5000 hoard. Ok I'm a stingy dragon who loves his hoard, but I can see myself frittering it away on stupid stuff like rezzing bipeds if I'm not careful. At least with an hour recycle nobody will be asking me to rez an entire group. So yes, maybe the hour recycle on the rezis a GOOD thing.

If these abilities are intended for use on mobs like those at the outpost, then I want to see those mobs dropping some really nice shinies.

Much improved!

However... the hoard cost on Primal Fear. For the record I have to object to that one. Fear should be a given when it comes to a dragon. There should not be ANY hoard cost involved.

Perhaps give it to Adults, but they pay hoard to use. Ancients get a hoardcost free version. Lore can be something like "The sleeper teaches you some mental disciplines that make using mental fear more efficient" Or something.

If this was a mental ability, some sort of hoard cost might be justified. Like if it was a jedi mind trick or something. WE are not Jedi's, we are big mean scary ****** dragons. This ability should be implied, and cost free.

If you are worried about the recycle on it vs cost, then do something like make the recycle timer random after each use. Between 3 and 10 minutes.

I can't see myself using this one much at all unless it was a guaranteed mez. It always landed. For group hunting I cannot ever see myself using it. I like the idea, but since it is *simply* crowd control, and only 1 mob at that ( so not even crowd really), the hoard cost is simply unwarranted.

Rest of the abilities, even the hoard cost on drain strike, seem ok. (assuming DS actually does some damage of note. currently it's way too weak)

I have to agree with the big ****** scary dragon needs no hoard burn to mez a single target.

however, i would also love to see a multiple target mez with a shorter duration perhaps that does cost hoard.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Agreed. If you want hoard cost / no hoard cost, let's break Dragon Fear into two separate items:

1) Lesser Dragon Fear ("Dragon Fear"): After having survived the trial of the Ancients, you can strike fear into the heart of your enemy. It has no hoard cost, and works only on a single target.

2) Greater Dragon Fear ("Dragon Freeze"): Using the power of your hoard, you can augment the mind-numbing ability of Dragon Fear. It costs hoard andis AoE.

Timers and %-chance to hit are negotiable.

Manga

Feedback noted, but keep in mind the " I " at the end of the new Dragon Abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    Feedback noted, but keep in mind the " I " at the end of the new Dragon Abilities.
    Noted But does that mean the hoard cost of better abilities will go up or down? I assume like Gold rage and Silver strike and such they will go up not down.

As an additional note, I am ok with the way our resurrection is. Even though it costs 5000 hoard to use, you have 1 hour afterwards to recoup that. Most likely, if you hunt even a bit, you'll have that covered by the time the rez has recycled. It should also be emphasize that dragons are clearly a tank/offense race-class combo. Melee or spells, dragons are made to hurt the opponent (nuker might be a good word, but all our nukes are melee abilities :P). We are not healers, crowd controllers, summoners, debuffers or buffers. Our resurrection ability reflects that fact.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    *dons his between-the-lines reading glasses*

So this is a hint as to how the two factions are going to be able to specialize. Sounds like it will be quest based.

sooooowhat happened to this new spiked scales?

Rezz i like though timers still kinda long but otherwise 5k for a superior rezz is fine imo. I still wish it was usable more but certainly its worthwhile and will see use from me when its up.

Mezz im 50/50 on. if it hits mostly thats a great start. Hoard cost imo seems too high still. 2x gold rage just seems unworth it unless in dire situations to save your butt.

Drain strike looks very impressive and will definitely be used every fight. Hoard cost is very very reasonable and the improvements are very solid. Awesome ability imo and very effecient and cost effective.

Spiked scales still pending on a report. Overall much much improved from first glances and i see myself using all 3. Mez being the only one i may be very sparing with as its just kinda pricy but other abilities i cant really complain about.

Thread Information