Thread: 9/11-Never forget

Default 9/11-Never forget

I think almost every one here can rember what they were doing on this day 4 years ago,

Me i was at boarding school....the school alarm bells went, we thought there was a fire...but it was an emerigeince school meetingall the students went with there head teacher to there homes and we watch the events that changed America for ever that day. while we watch the broadcast no one spoke or said a word..some students were crying.

May every one never forget 9/11

Default Re: 9/11-Never forget

I had a day of and was watching tv.
    Zapping disinterestedly past channels; mtv, cartoons, some horrid american disaster movie, discovery channell, animal planet... Hold it, that was the real CNN guy on that disaster movie.
    Zapped back to CNN a minute before plane number two hit the tower, live behind mr clancy.

Wasnt just america that changed, I could feel the world change an ocean away.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

9/11: Never forget, never forgive.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I was at work. The boss had CNN on because he was flipping channels. Uneasy feeling the majority of the morning before even seeing it or hearing it. Turns out, what I was feeling was the anxiety, pain, and distresses of some 3,000 people. Watched as the first tower fell. Watched as the second tower fell. Heard about Pentagon and field.

Sometimes, being an empath sucks.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I remember that day. I was sound asleep from another late night of gaming when:

The phone rang, my 27 year old son excitedly yelling in my ear "Do you and dad have the news on? A plane just crashed into the pentagon?

Bori quickly rolled over and flipped on the television just in time to catch the plane crashing into tower 2. Neither of us could believe what we were seeing. I logged into a website I frequent and found everyone talking about it but for a different reason. Friends of mine had family who worked in the towers and they hadn't been heard from. The next few hours we sat, talking and trying to keep hope alive for their safety. When the news finally arrived, 2 sisters, 1 father, dead I felt part of me had been ripped out. Taking to my keyboard, I sat down and wrote a tribute to those lost. Those who heard it, felt the pain and sorrow expressed through music. Those who saw the video produced with it, couldn't keep a dry eye. It wasn't exactly how I wanted to make my mark in the music world, but I did that day.I only did what I felt I needed to do to offer some comfort tofriends who had lost family.

I'll never forget for several reasons. Friends who lost loved ones and a published video with my name on it depicting that day through music, remain a constant reminder.

Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

I got up that morning and was getting ready for work. The wife came down and started to make coffee and turned on the TV (it happened to be on the CNN channelfrom the night before,beforeI went up to bed - we don't have a TV in the bedroom for good reason!), we ended up riveted to the TV until the Pentagon attack.

Living outside Washington DC, we decided to stay home for the day. My wife because of fears.For me, it was because my Uncle (Mickey Maroney, a Secret Service Agent)was killed in the Oklahoma bombing years ago. 9-11 frankly just tore me up, I will admit that over the coming weeks and months, I did often find myself just "crying like a baby". Fear, anxiety, anger or revenge weren't the issues for me -it was the remember loss and sadness brought back all over again. My family has always been very close and I instantly empathized with all those families affected by the attacks.

Even this last week, watching the memorial programs on TV made me get choked up. So, I for one, will never forget. BTW, if anyone gets the chance, watch the re-enactment of what happened on that Flight that went down in Pennsylvania. Its a great piece and really illustrates what makes Humanity great in a crisis.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I prefer to forget. Although I never forget about situations that can happen on our world. I would rather remember those I have lost from good memories not when and how they died:(

Jayne

It was a telephone call from my brother and he told me. Watched the TV then said to my Mom, "let's turn it off" because we knew it would be repeated and repeated and was too negative.

Never forget.

Never forget how the gov't failed in the general welfare for "We the People."

Never forget. Read your Constitution for the U.S.A.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

jayne to forget is to repeat past mistakes..that is why we study History to learn of past mistakes and past sucsess.

And bulgrim me and my faimly were going to watch that "the flight that fought bacK" but sadly when we sat down it was already over and we went on are satlite list for weeks in adavnce to see if they would repeat it and sadly they are not[:(]

Thread Information