Thread: Prep time for new gear.

Default Prep time for new gear.

Greetings Folks!

I have a general question for everyone out there. How long in advance do you start putting together parts for new gear?

Me? I generally try to set up getting new equipment a few days before I need it. In the case of large orders (like suits of armour) I will spend several weeks stockpiling tech comps and the resources like bars/orbs/spools/tannin. (I'm pretty wierd in that I like collecting all the parts that I can myself, even if raw materials at 5:1).

In light of all this IF I spend say, up to a week finding a crafter with the right combination of ability/forms/techs/willingness it's not overly an inconvenience. Afterall, our major population shows up at once over the weekend, and that's when I start asking around if I don't already have someone in mind and lined up. It's kind of like a mentality shift since a lot of the old crafters I knew started playing less and less, or had things come up, you have to make other arrangements.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: Prep time for new gear.

I just tend to have a large stockpile of all t5 comps in a guildhouse or my vault.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I was a lucky one, I could solo my way to lvl 100 in lvl 51 armor... but some of the comps are not even worth gathering I was going to get lvl 71 armor before I was lvl 71... I was 78 before I got all the comps... and spent all my time at the EDs then had my 71 armor made (for multi-class sake) and then my lvl 91 which I just didn't want to waste the time and pissed away 4g getting comps... but it was worth it. My advice, Prepare WELL in advance.

Ya, I didn't even bother with 91 leathers (which I would wear at 99 SpiritD :\ ).
    I just went for fully teched out 91 Ironsilk for Multi classing sake. I could wear them as a crafter class too. (It has a bit more armour than my 71 leathers, so it's plety good for what I do).

I spent about a month or two prepping the parts for that order. Spent a week dying in the Satyr islands, 30 something DP's later decided a SpiritD was not meant for such a place and left it alone.

Reason I ask is that I have been telling folks to start preparing VERY early, that includes making friends and lists of people who can craft your goodies. Some people are too frustrated after just a night, let alone 3 nights in the middle of the week to even think straight. I mean, I understand that you want to be in the best stuff you can, but being in lower gear doesn't KEEP you from going out.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

yeah I spent a week at hardened fyakki and got 2 chitin... thats when I said screw it. I'm working on my craft so I can wear some ironsilk too [:)], but for now leather is pretty much the standerd armor for whatever class I feel like doing.

Thread Information