Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP on blight is real fun, and real friendly

Viceroyx

Default PvP on blight is real fun, and real friendly

Myself along with a number of guildees have been playing around with the PVP on blight. We have had great fun fighting amongst ourselves, both solo and as teams, as well as testing ourselves against friends from chaos as well as new friends from order and blight.

I know many of us are concerned about the potential effect that PVP could have on the community. And granted if there was a huge influx of newplayers because of PVP, maybe some of those conerns might become true. However, on blight, I can tell you that the people in PVP are the same friendly, mature peeps that all of us have generally been dealing with, since those are the people currently playing horizons for the most part.. No one is taking ears or looting corpses, it's simply testing our mettle against very skilled friends. It's lots of fun. And I just wanted to commend the devs for this very fun addition.

I also had two minor dev suggestions: (1) vault on isle; and (2) trainers on isle; both would make it easier to switch classes for different types of battles.

Viceroyx
    The Dark Council (from Chaos)

Default Re: PvP on blight is real fun, and real friendly

there's PVP on blight? *blinks*

The PvP isn't open PVP, it is a secluded area where you can talk to an npc to gain a 10 minute buff that will let you harm another person with the opposite npc's buff.

Aye, and a dragon who is properly prepared can fight one on one with the multiclassed bipeds. Iam having a blast and actually want to log onto blight more than Order right now. lol

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

pvp, yummy [H]
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Arena type PvP generally has a more mature group because it tends to be people who are just trying to have fun. When it is arena type, there isnt the ganking you get in a lot of PvP games because it is completely consentual. I wouldnt mind if it came to the live servers, especially the Arena itself. It looks pretty nice.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Thormor

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroyx
    Myself along with a number of guildees have been playing around with the PVP on blight. We have had great fun fighting amongst ourselves, both solo and as teams, as well as testing ourselves against friends from chaos as well as new friends from order and blight.

Viceroyx
    The Dark Council (from Chaos)
    Hehe, ya i heard yall had fun out there, and that emily had some fun whoopin ya around the island lol, glad to hear its turning out to be a good thing

Should have been there late last night, Jayne was on cue.

Thank goodness for my evasion:)

Funny though, when I got there all were saying that there is a fellow Berserker looking for me.............................

Say it isn't so

Jayne:)

On blight I need to get thru 2 more Guardians in the rift, so I will probably login there again tonight.

After thats done I'll probably stop by the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Denrath

Arena type PvP generally has a more mature group because it tends to be people who are just trying to have fun. When it is arena type, there isnt the ganking you get in a lot of PvP games because it is completely consentual. I wouldnt mind if it came to the live servers, especially the Arena itself. It looks pretty nice.
    As long as it's completely consentual and as long as abstaining won't have any ill effect whatsoever on my character.

I agree that PvP where people know each other isn't nearly as bad as on a huge server where people get the anonymity of the crowd. People tend to be better behaved when they know the person they're attacking and that person knows them. At least if the attacker values their friendship at all. Plus, I think the fraction of players who are idiot jerks is pretty small, and in a small group you have an excellent chance of not having any.

It's just when PvP is put in a server with thousands (or even just hundreds) of people, where the probably of having idiot jerks in the crowd approaches unity, and espcially in a roleplaying game where some characters are vastly more powerful then others, that it tends to get ugly.

And when PvP gets ugly, it gets REALLY ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Funny though, when I got there all were saying that there is a fellow Berserker looking for me.............................
    *cough*

And what happened once you found that fellow Berserker? huh HUH! LOL[:D]

What any true Berserker would do, I killed him.

Jayne

there's PvP?!?!

i queeet!!!!! i queeeet!!!!

i here for communiteeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!

I was backstabed, a zerker not using just their ability [:P]

give me a another week or so, we'll see how it goes.[:D]

Weeks or so??? Surely it doesnt take that long to move your TP's around :)

Jayne

I have to move about 800 more now, I get 36 back a day LOL.

Vignar

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Aye, and a dragon who is properly prepared can fight one on one with the multiclassed bipeds. Iam having a blast and actually want to log onto blight more than Order right now. lol
    So how does a dragon stack up?

Player skill aside, from what I've seen.

Dragons dominate single, or lightly multiclassed bipeds, up to about say rating 130 (although I just sorta guestimated that number).

But heavily multiclassed bipeds tend to have amounts of stuns/mezzes/roots, or armor, or blocking, or helaing power, or some combination of the above to thrash most dragons around pretty handily.

That is of course considering 1v1 only.

Particularly, I've seen dragons dominate Rangers, and Elars who've destroyed even mediumly multiclassed players.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

PvP???

Nice, I'd love to do some.

And since it's consensual it would not be nasty like in other games, where people team 5 vs 1 against you while you are busy with 3 mobs on you.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Yeah, the few times I was over on blight, everyone was mature and had a good time challenging each other solo, or group combat.

Have to say I didnt fare well solo [:(], won 1 match out of 4. And to top it off, getting my butt handed to me by an ELAR. Talk about humiliation.[:'(] hehe, j/k ab

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Thread Information