Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lair Cost?

Default Re: Lair Cost?

huh? i don't recall anyone saying they were too _low_ (except the 60 sil comment).. i certainly didn't. all i'm saying it it isn't impossible to get the money.

and for the record, i don't have 50g either

2 things

If not already said above DB said lairs will be on same price scale as plots therefore largest plot ingame atm is 101x101 and thats 12g250s.

Secondly DB said lairs are all the same size 120x120, what you are paying for is depth. Smallest lair will be 120x120x24 (24 being the high of ancient model all lair plot sections will be min 24 high or higher, for example standard corridor sections) the largest he said would be 120x120x240!!!!
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Vignar

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    The only thing I would support is giving dragons a token based on their creation date/played time so that they have a head start against the "Rich Uberpeds".
    Yea, I like that. Vignar is not a day 1, maybe beginning of week 2, but still older than many of the "Rich Uberpeds" who may have a Dragon alt. and want a lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Secondly DB said lairs are all the same size 120x120, what you are paying for is depth. Smallest lair will be 120x120x24 (24 being the high of ancient model all lair plot sections will be min 24 high or higher, for example standard corridor sections) the largest he said would be 120x120x240!!!!
    Is there a way to tell how deep the lair can be? Right now I don't know how so it is a little hard to choose a good spot other then based on location.

The reason I stated above that I would be dissapointed if a lair was only 1g is because I spent a lot of time farming money. I Pawned the T5 gems, I killed the Fire Ogres/Pygmies, I Marketplace'd the techs/forms. Changing my methods so that I wouldn't get sick of the game, there are many different ways to get money. I am a Very casual player, about one weekend a month. This past weekend I got lucky enough to have time to play. I have worked up a total of 4.5g which isn't much, but still a lot when I play so little. Lairs cost being on par with Biped plots is fine with me. I crafted my own, and my friends, T5 scale set with exception of Ancient Head scale and special chest scales (compliments of Maltavorn and Kumu) and I hunted down all of the tech resources. I was trying to save money for a lair, not spend when I could do all this myself for free.

For those who say they don't have the want/will to get the money needed, don't complain that you can't afford a larger lair. The only person you can blame is #1. I want to set myself apart from those who didn't put in the effort.

A couple things:

What counts from the players' point of view is not how big the plot is, but how much stuff you can puton (or in)the plot. It's very likely that dragon items will be larger then their biped equivalents since dragons are so large. POSSIBLY balancing that is the fact that a lair plot is 3-D so it may be possible to stack stuff (depending how deep it is vertically). We won't know how it all plays out until dragons start laying out their plots. However, if it turns out that dragons can put no more stuff on their plot, then a biped could put on a medium sized biped plot, it would only be fair if the dragon plot cost about as much as that medium sized biped plot. Less if dragons have less money making capability.

It IS possible for dragons to make at least some money. I've accumulated about 8 gold from a combination of trophies, money drops, and selling tech components on the consigner. My dragon is level 100 so obvoiusly if you're lower then that you won't have as much money. On the other hand, I'll be looking for an expensivetier V lair while a lower level dragon would presumably be looking for a less expensive lower tier lair which is therefore cheaper.

Players I know with both high level dragons and high level bipeds seem to use their bipeds for grinding cash. However, dragons are quite capable of putting away some money if they want to go to the trouble.

I would support equal pricing, and would also support the token idea. Not everyone that plays a dragon also plays a biped, or owns a biped plot they can sell at inflated prices. I have to admit, I'm somewhat biased. I play only a dragon, and I don't like to farm. I would refuse to buy silver/gold online, and I've soloed most of my characters life. I'm not rich by any streatch of the imagination. More on par with Frith's story. The hardcore will always have the brightest shinniest, that's a given, but I'd also like to see at least some balance. It would be a shame to have all the nice plots taken by harcore dragon alts, while others like Frith get a small hovel in the corner. (As an example).

AKA Malloc of Dawn, ancient
    Here's to the Overlord, rest in peace.
    Keith Arlin Parkinson October 22, 1958 - October 26, 2005

Thread Information