well i finally tried out blight a little bit, kind of strange...

wanted to check out the new libraries design, but ran into a snafu - i own a plot on order, so i could not play with construction on blight.

are there any 'open' plots on blight that anyone can come to and play with plot design/construction without owning?

had a fellow guild member from order come and buy a plot and put up libraries scaffolding. i could not see what a finished library would look like so i cannot say about aesthetics, though i like the shape. the t2 size is rather large for 50 items/one bulk each storage; the aesthetics would have to be equivalent to or even more thana fountain's aesthetics to drive putting up a library instead of a house which does not limit bulk so drasticallyon the items stored. the t4 footprint took up the whole large plot next to the bristugo portals, even though thevisible scaffolding was the same size as for the t2. a t6 library was not even an option for the large plot.

from a functional standpoint, i was hoping for something a little smaller that we could fit within the footprint of a silo or two... i did not think bookshelves would take up a lot of space. extra functionality in terms of item stack or bonuses to scribing would be nice (assuming we can use what we scribe once it's in our book; don't ask me about DC). the construction requirements for the t2 structure seemed a bit light to me, but i've been doing a lot of t4 work lately so maybe i'm just not used to it.

the original plot size designations are funky since the merger. i'd suggest redesignating them, current small = tiny, medium = small, the original large = medium, some of the large plots (up to 75x75 maybe?)= large, and ones bigger than = huge. just a thought

my fellow guildmember sold back the plot so she can get a lair when they come out on order. we looked for lairs to be associated with our guild plots (toku)but found none on blight :-( is there anyway that our guild can get 3 lairs to be guild properties??? it'd be really nice to keep the guild resources centralized...

anyway, thanks much for your time and consideration!!