Thread: The Time Has Come...

Default The Time Has Come...

I will be brief, because it hurts to have to say what I have to say.

I formally tender my resignation as Community Moderator for Order. I had hoped to make it long enough to be able to see the torch passed along, but health considerations force me to recognize that I am no longer able to function on a level appropriate to the duty.

The senior team lead at the meeting will be able to moderate in my stead, I'm sure, as I have already posted the agenda for the meeting Thursday. The community will need to vote on how to proceed in my absense.

I will continue to attend meetings and assist the community in all ways possible. I am grateful for my guild's chance to contribute to the building of Katrina Bridge. I am also willing to assist whatever form of community arises afterwards with advice and encouragement.

As Plink is often heard to say, "Maybe the spirit of Sly Loki keep at least half of the people entertained, and the other half humbled."

Best Wishes,

Default Re: The Time Has Come...

Hope you get to feeling better there Plink. Thanks for all the work you did towards the meetings and all.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

OH NO! NOT NOW! Not the SENIOR team lead!

Back at the first meeting here:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=76087
    You realize which team you FIRST dealt with? WorldProjects! The first actual team lead people voted in was ME! I'm still not even sure how to split a log file correctly to be able to post it here, much less who I need to contact when to set up things or find out about agendas.

I'm no good at meeting things. I'm a builder. Couldn't we have a dragon take care of this this time? Someone more...recognized in the community? Aren't there a number of 100/100 dragons or multi-100 bipeds who know how to administer this sort of thing better? Someone people look up to more often than not?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

One meeting. And hopefully, you will find one person to take my place. No one's asking you take the Moderator position. :p

*grabs a fresh leaf of paper and ink*

Ok, spill the beans. How'd you do it? What's the trick? Do I take it into something like Word or Excel? How long does it take to process a log file? Who do we have on tap for this position? Can I just nominate someone and we all vote him/her in and then ask about whether or not this person wants the job? If so, I have a couple names I'd nominate. I know a certain dwarf, a dragon, a half giant, and a gnome that all would be good candidates.

Now, where did you hide that agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    Pretty much following previous formats.

1. Call to order, and explanation of how the meeting is run. (See previous posts.)
    2. Community Annoucements. Let me know if you have any.
    3. Team Reports:
    GNAT
    World Projects Team
    Events Team
    Forum Team
    4. Additional discussion on the Community Charter. My suggestion is that Yuusuke have two or three areas that will be discussed and revised as needed. This will keep the amount of time spent on it to a minimum.
    5. Herald Update. I'm hoping to hear something from someone.
    6. Open Community Discussion.

As always, post anything additional you want added. This post is limited to discussion on Agenda items only. Debates on specific items should be taken to a different thread and if resolved there will be changed here.
    Ok, found the thread. Looking it over. #2, any community announcements you have, Plink? Anything on the other teams whose leads may not be there? Yuusuke, is there some sort of something you have preview-wise for the agenda list? Has anyone talked with Menkure to guarantee signs of life? And this Open community discussion, what's that about????

/em hands C`gan one his spare Clonapans.

You'll do fine. I'll be at the meeting and help you through. :)

NOT IT!

(but yea, if we're taking volunteers for this moderator type thingie then that needs to get posted, announced, and start..taking names...)

(go for it - I can't say that I"ll be at this week's meeting or not so it can't be me doing logs..)

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    <truncated for brevity>

Ok, found the thread. Looking it over. #2, any community announcements you have, Plink? Anything on the other teams whose leads may not be there? Yuusuke, is there some sort of something you have preview-wise for the agenda list? Has anyone talked with Menkure to guarantee signs of life? And this Open community discussion, what's that about????
    I do have some Charter work revisions to tell of. They can also be seen in their entirety in the "The Shard Charter" {aka Order Assembly Charter} thread in this forum.

As to friend Menkure...

...sadly, all efforts by myself and Eileen have failed to date to reach him. Others have likely tried, also. His fate remains unknown.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

I guess this can go here same as anywhere else- in terms of "Stepping Down.."

But reading over the Charter idea for a secretary it is clear I could not serve in such position - though some of the duties of that position I do now as "Forum Liasion"

I however cannot be held responsible for logs and agenda's as I don't even make half the meetings unforutnatley.

Sooooo - whatever you guys want me to do with that. I'll continue in my stead as "Froum Liasion" until charter is adopted and someone is appointed. THen I'll step down, unless they wish to keep me on as an assistant with the forum stuff.

But be sure that if said secretary is not posting in the forums and doing the job I expect them to to start discussions - I will be here to point it out *grins* and do that part of hteir job for them. I refuse to let the activity and inclusion of the forums in these meetings be pushed aside because someone just doesn't get how important Forums can be.

But officially I'd have to step down, as I can't be held responsible for the rest of the stuff the Secretary is in charge of - since I can't garentee I can do the job the way it should be done - IMO.

The charter is not yet adopted. As I see it, if a postition was necessary before the charter, it's important afterwards.

no no Tokoz what I was saying is that..

my position duties are subsumed under the duties of the New Secretary (If I read that right..).

The Secretary also has other duties (does the logs, posts the agendas, holds the votes and the discussions on the forum as well).

The first two duties the Secretary will be doing I can't be responsible for. I already can't make 2 meetings a month consistently - so I don't want to volunteer for an office I know I can't be sure I can do properly and the way I feel should be done to properly be a fitting Secretary for the meetings.

Therefore, once the charter is adopted - my duties will be moved to whomever IS the secretary - thusly I'm out of the position :).

Unless the Secretary is divided into two positions or is taken by two people - I 'd be glad to continue doing what I'm doing now - which is holding the votes and being in charge of the discussions' starting/flowing/etc - for the meetings. I just know I can't keep logs and agenda's as would be fitting.

Then the charter needs to be revised. It's as simple as that. I'm trying to see that things continue, not see that there's a great upheaval when I leave.

Thread Information