Thread: Character gone?

Zaishi

Default Character gone?

I started a dryad last night and got up to level 5 in warrior and outfitter. Today that character is no longer on my character list, not the website one or the launcher. Why?[:@]

Default Re: Character gone?

I have seen this happen if you create a character the day before maint.

Before you get upset, let the shards come back up and see if its there.

I'm assuming this is chaos or order right?

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Zaishi

It was chaos. The shards are back up. [:'(]

I noticed it earlier but I assumed it was because they were still down, now that they are up though....

I was very close to transfering my plot and some gold over, that would have been great.

you may want to turn in a ticket, or login to irc ( irc.lanimal.net ) and ask Amon the WM to look into it for you
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

What character name?

Zaishi

Zaishi

I opened a case. [|-)]

Hydru

We are sorry that you experienced this situation. We have recently recieved a few issolated reports of this occuring, and as such, we have not been able to track down the source of this problem yet.

Even though we do not know the root of this problem yet, we can now detect occurances when this happens, and every night we'll run automated steps to reattach any lost characters to the primary account that created the character. This should help prevent this from being a serious problem to anyone while we look into this matter further.

If you could provide us the following information, it'd help us look up the matter further. You can just send it to customer service.

Time / date you created the character.
    Time / date you stopped playing the character.
    When you noticed the character no longer appearing on selection list.
    Did you log in with the character multiple times, or just when you created it?
    Character Name
    Server character was created on.
    Did you previously have a character with the same name, that you deleted, and recreated a new character reusing the deleted character's name?
    Level / school / race of the character last time you saw him?

And finally, did the character show back up today? (First batch of "reconnects" should be ran by 3:00 PM PDT)

And (this would be at a later point), did you ever experience the character "disappearing" from the character selection list multiple times?

Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy your time in Istaria!

P.S.: Remember, the more detailed information you can provide to us, the faster we can track down and fix the problem you are encountering.

Thanks!

Dennett-TG

Zaishi

Ok. I added all of that to my case at support.istaria.com. I wasn't sure where to put the case but it's under tech support, can't load character. #77660

I guess I'll play another character until 3pm to see if it comes back. Thanks for the replies.[H]

Zaishi

Just like thank everyone at TG for the quick responses and to let everyone know little Zaishi is back and killing beetles once again.[H]

Thread Information