Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military appreciation

Default Military appreciation

I read the following on the Community site, but it doesn't say anything about existing customers that have .mil addresses...
    Quote Originally Posted by [url=""
    http://community.istaria.com[/url]] Date: 9/20/2005 [img]/images/com_images/spacer.gif[/img]

Tulga Games announces the Military Appreciation Program.

Starting September 19th, 2005, all Horizons: Empire of Istaria accounts created using the .mil email address used by military personnel and families will have a second CD key added to the account for free.

For more information visit the Military Appreciation Program webpage.
    Could someone please let us that have old accounts that have .mil addresses, are we going to be affected by this or is this just for newly created accounts only?
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Default Re: Military appreciation

Or even those of us who have .mil addresses, but chose to use our civillian address instead.

If not, that is cool. I am just happy to see they are doing something like this.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

[Y]

NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Drewid

This sounds great, but just like some one already asked what about those of us who choose to make our accounts with civilian email address. Maybe I am strange but using my army email address did not seem appropriate for my online computer game.

I am currently deployed in Iraq, and being able to have another cd key for my wife or who ever would be cool.

Personally, I find this idea ridiculous...
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

[Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

Nice work here and nice appreciation to the military that work very hard to protect us.

I am grateful and honored by the fact that Tulga is doing this. For those that are using their civilian address, change to your .mil address for 24 hours and you should receive the email giving you an extra key.

When David thought of this, I'm sure he was thinking of deployed soldiers and their families. Not politics.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    LOL, such thing can only happen in America.

Sorry folks, but we in "Good Ole Germany"... <snip>
    OOC on this: hey HAG, no reason to think it has to be that way...

Maybe a word in the ear of GN could get something similar for the BRD troopies stuck in Afganistan, or flying/loading support to operations from Bosnia to the Indian Ocean, or the sailors at sea down there helping close down the "bad guys" sea lanes from Somalia to Pakistan.

Some of us know your countrymen are in it, too.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

This is just the first program that we are offering. We chose the .mil approach because we don't want to be in the role of verifying military participation, we just want to make it easier for military families. I was born on a military base in the middle of nowhere near Death Valley, and if there is anything I can do for military families, I'll do it.

To anybody who is a member of the military who does not want to use their .mil address, that is fine with us. We just couldn't come up with another way to get this done without further delays. Contact us and we'll work with you.

I also spent over two years in Ecuador with the Peace Corps, and I realize there are other ways that people have chosen to contribute to their countries. And, Horizons is an international product, with players from around the world. If we can find ways to create programs for the families of others who have contributed to their countries, we will.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

And as to Fratricide's original question, ALL Horizons: Empire of Istaria accounts created using the .mil email address... all includes existing accounts.

David
    David Bowman

Viceroyx

March AFB was my point of entry, so I'm with ya...

Good job on the program.

mbaucco

This is a really nice gesture. I have found that MMoRPGs are a great way for people separated by distance to stay in touch. No matter what country you may be from, I think we can all agree that being nice to the folks who serve is a good thing. Expanding the program to those who serve in other ways and for other countries is a great idea!

-Matt

Default Military

Will have to check out how to add my Son that is in Iraq at the moment.

This is a Great gift to those that have a family member serving in the Military.

Default Re: Military

Substitute his military email address with your own for the next 24 hours. (I know it sounds wierd, but you have to do it backwards in your case). Have him forward the code or log in and use the code, and create his own subaccount.

Otherwise you'll end up with him having an account with 2 keys and you having your same account.

I think this an awesome idea and gotta give it my BZ. BZ = Bravo Zulu for you non-military types thats an attaboy at least in the Navy. As a disabled vet I can say that any contact with family is precious, this gesture from Tulga is really great for them.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

It's a nice gesture for US military. Not allcountriesuse .mil as an extension though.
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Thanks Dave, thats what I wanted to know. btw... I have changed my login to be my .mil email.. and have not yet recieved one of them wonderful emails that is being talked about. how long after can we expect to receive this, <getting anxious>
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Personally, I find this idea ridiculous...
    Yes but as unfair as this is, I will look beyond that and try to remember that while whatever reason our military is fighting for us, no matter how we think they are being "used" *I use that lightly because it sounds bad, and any people will acutally take that seriously*. I think its great.

Frat,
    The emails supposedly go out at midnight Arizona time.

Bloodright

Hello everyone,

I am returning from a oversea's deployment and was looking into starting a MMORPG up with the wife and kids. I had it narrowed down to 4 games and this was one of them. I have to say as a service member in today's military, I really appreciate this offer. I mean the discounts that we get from other locations are really appreciated, but this was the first one from a online game that I have seen to date. I applaud you guys and gals at Horizons for coming up with this idea. It made my choice for which game I am going to sign up for alot easier.

Thread Information