Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Ancient Dragon Stats

Default Re: UPDATE: Ancient Dragon Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Get ready to cry some more: [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]

You have got to be joking.

Hey, PJ and Helcat, you talk about rating penalties. Tell you what, you guys start paying hoard costs on your abilities and I will glady take that AR penalty. Oh, but of course, we will have to take away your multi-classing too. Since we are evening things out, you understand.

Then you will have the joy of burning hoard without the ability to farm it like an Uber-Ped. Once that happens, I will gladly listen to your thoughts on AR. Until then, it is my opinion that your well-meaning suggestions (and I honestly think they are well-meaning) are heavily out of touch.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

oh man whatta breath weapon. we must have to eat some mild chilli to get that kinda power....

This page intentionally left blank.

*sighs*
    I was planning to have the ARoP reinstate me in the game.
    Look like I'll try it, then cancel my account until the manage to do something right.

Come on AE, rather than spend months of wasted ressource on something as empty as this ARoP, why didn't you take an extra week to make it worth it?

So we're going to be doing over 80 quests. Fine. For what? Nothing? Abilities that don't make us more powerful but weaker because we can't use them? Why tell us we would get our Area of Effect back on our breath just like it was before, then add an hoard cost?

Why tell us we're going to get dragon class as we reach ancient, only to give us pitance as a reward and another 1 year wait before we can take our first class.

Uperpeds can complain all they want: Once they reached 100, their game isn't over. They have content. They have free abilities.

Dragons, they got nothing, and are getting nothing. Twenty 5cents coins is still 1 dollar. Removed abilites handed back with a cost isn't a reward. It's a joke.

So we get +200 HP. So we get +75 power. A mage with +10 per level beats that in 40 levels. Big deals. And they don't have to do a 80 steps quests to get it.

Disapointing. Really dissapointing. First the military backpatting, now this empty, flavorless Reward.
    Are AE's news only vapors now? Lots of noise for nothing?

Really, I do believe this is going the decisive blow for Many dragons. Stay or quit. So AE, think about it.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Get ready to cry some more: [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]

They said they were going to increase it. While I suspect this is a before do you know for sure?

But yea, this is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. If this overwrites the non-hoard flame breath they all they've really done is remove our non-hoard flame breath. We'l see what the increase is but this isn't looking good.

Sheeze what were they thinking? WERE they thinking?

Breath of Flame Burst does not replace Breath of Fire.

I want to know what makes the new Breath of Fire Burst so awesome that it had to be taken away from adults and given to Ancient? By the longest stretch of the mind I could see The ice breath and Lightening breaths being ancient much more then Breath of Fire Burst. Heck if you wanted Ancients to be special gibe them access to both breaths. People would love that much more I think.

Oh wow, just wow.

I am really happy with the changes, especially flight speed and health.

but that flame attack looks like about as damaging as a sparkler on the 4th of july... :'(
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Fireclaw wrote:Get ready to cry some more: [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]

Wait. Gold Rage cost about 640 hoard, deal 1200-1500 damage and recycle every 30 seconds...
    THIS cost 500 (really close to GR, does 10 time less and recycle every 3 minutes?

Sorry, but I'll rather use Gold rage than this sorry excuse for a dragon breath.
    I believe it should be called "Asthma of Fire" rather than Breath of Fire.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

hey devs...its almost my birthday

for my present you can tell me that this is the old Breath of Flame...before the damage increase O:-)
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

wow I have to agree there... that breath attack redefines the word awful.
    i think flame bomb 3 does more dmg.

now maybe if that breath attack "burned" away an enemies armor... or did something besides dmg I could see it working.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

imported_Drakarr

yes, we do get an armor increase. With the 133% base we can sill have a lvl 80 armor headscale + the 3 techs yo can put on it. So nya :p

Actually, is ~the damage of a Flame Damage IV teched Flame Bomb IV, which is 96-144, or a plain unteched Flame Bomb V, 98-136
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Actually, is ~the damage of a Flame Damage IV teched Flame Bomb IV, which is 96-144, or a plain unteched Flame Bomb V, 98-136
    ok thanks for exact values. seems like a paltry reward for such a long quest to me.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Breath of Flame Burst does not replace Breath of Fire.
    Thank you for saying that. That lays one of my big worries to rest.

I never expected to get powerful. I just don't want to go backwards at any point.

I have to ask, AE what are you thinking? How many times are you going to screw over dragons.

First came adulthood...yeah, become an adult and you become powerful, first joke....not many found it funny. But we stuck with the game. Now here comes ancient, 75 to power. I'm helian and thats not even 10% to my power, thats just silly. But to lunus, what the heck is that? Plain insulting is what it is.....oh and you have to give up your lunus scale, theres a little injury to the insult. +15 to focus....that doesn't even register on the joke scale, thats just stupid....and there again is the lunus, focus?

250 health, well that is a token. +500 to carry, well thats 5000 bulk, Whats a 100th biped with full cargo capacity at?

Do we have to be inferior to bipeds in every way?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

4760 bulk in full ironsilk cargo

Oh indeed, very inferior, very

*tucks her wings out of sight and whistles innocently*

Yeah dragons also are horribly slower, can't dish out any melee damage, have virtually no armor... so totally inferior.

Ok, while kibitzing bipeds who don't know what they're talking about don't help at all, a patchwork is gradually emerging which may keep things from getting too intolerable for me. This is strictly from my perspective. Others will have to decide for themselves if it's enough for them to be content enough to continue. I'm going from memory on some of the stats but here goes. I'm a melee dragon so it's coming from that perspective.

1. I never had high expectations for the AROP. I've said why in other threads. In fact, I was originally not expecting anything new on the last step although I was also expecting to be able to keep my scale. I figured we'd already gotten all the new ancient abilities that we were going to getin the Rift. So all they really have to do is not nerf me at this step and I'll be content. Low expectations are essential if you want to be happy with this.

2. Smegler said the hoard fire breath does not replace the non-hoard firebreath; hence it is not a nerf. I may never use it, but I can still use my old fire breath.

3. If those crystals show up promptly then that gets me back fangs of fury. This is dependent on them showing up promptly -- not six months from now.

4. I'll replace the head scale with a triple teched armor scale. My AC thus remains the same. T&C will certainly be one of the techs, which gives me back 25 of the 50 T&C I lost. I also get two other techs which are undecided but they'll certainly be something to enhance melee and I suppose I can wince and call it a wash as far as 50 T&Cvs 25 T&C + 2 other tier V techs. (T&C is by far the most important melee stat as far as I'm concerned that can be teched on an armor scale, which is why 25 T&C is at best only comparable to two tier V techs if they can't be T&C).

5.I still loose the 5% haste but I get 250health which is something. 5% haste means I get one extra swing for every 20which is not a lot. Maybe that's worth 250 health. Or, since I have a bunch of training points in health at the moment, I could remove 250 training points from health keepingit where it is now, and put them into strength which increases my strength by 62 with 2 TP left over. That might be cool. Hopefully it would be enough to notice. Again I'll wince and call it a wash.

6. If I want to use it, Gauran just provided a zip file with the original models in another thread so I do have a way to be original ancient sized. I haven't decided whether to use them since that means I'm seeing stuff differently from everyone elsewhich smacks of self delusion, but at least there's the option. I'd still prefer it if they made the ancients a bit more noticable but like I said, low expectations are important.

7. The power and strength (and focus lol) are minor improvements I suppose. They're a bit piddly considering what a major step this is but beggers can't be choosers and we did get some other possibly nice things earlier on (for those with hoard to burn anyway). I need to keep reminding myself of that.

8. The increases in flight speed and carrying capacity are minor bonuses. They don't exactly justfiy ancient by themselves but they're definately something and will have some use.

So I suppose that if I squint and brainwash myself a bit I can kind of call the final step in the AROP a wash. Not much of an improvement (although there were a few minor improvements), but not much of a nerf either, which is the most important (remember that low expectationsare important). The one possible pitfall in all this is those crystals. If they don't show up for awhile then I'll be feeling nerfed.

Ok. I admit I'm easy to please. What I'm basically saying is all they have to do is not nerf me and I'm happy. Maybe if all this falls into place I can sort of tell myself they didn't and in fact gave me a few minor improvements. I'll also keep reminding myself about mez, rez, spiked scales, and drain strike. If I can find the hoard mez and rez in particular are truly major abilities which should count for something. If I can get the hoard.

It would also be nice if the schools showed up before 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    With a 500 hoard cost and 3 minute reset.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information