Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

Been sniffing around the dragon model definition files and unfortunately I can't seem to find where size is defined on the models, other than the size of the bounding box. However, I did notice that body parts like the head, wings etc. seem to be 'equipment', separate models which are flagged as body parts...this would explain why the shrinking of size for the current models caused problems with the head attachment, and why it might not be so simple to shrink the old models, or fit proper heads on the khutits.

Unfortunately after playing around with the old Ancient model, while it is nice that they don't have a floating head problem, I still think they are way too large and their feet are far too close together... combined with the super long neck it makes them look awkward and rather like a sauropod dinosaur, which I dislike.

In my book, dragons should have long necks. In fact, in most descriptions and pictures they do. As for the clicking around thing; The bounding box for the old models available here is actually smaller than with the gimped versions. Also, 1st pers is your friend, and u also learn to select underneath wings and body after awhile...

But the best bit with the original models is this: Adults look small and cute, almost like hatchies
    And the hatchies themselves are tiny, and even cuter

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Alot of players have expressed the desire to have the old ancient size and model back

Self extracting installer:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_ancient.exe

or unzip this into your horizons folder, yes to overwrite.
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_ancient.zip

then Relog if already logged in.

Enjoy!
    The above downloads have been updated to fix the Drulkar's Wrath animation. If you have previously installed the original ancient modification, I included "dragon_u_anim_magic.def" since it had been modified to use a better default dragon spellcast animation. This is now obsolete as Vitrium has also switched over to that updated animation. Also, the "dragon_u_anim_magic.def" file has been updated to include "Drulkar's Wrath". When casting Drulkar's Wrath, or observing another dragon cast it, you will only see a pause in the animation if the old "dragon_u_anim_magic.def" is under resources_override.

To fix the Drulkar's Wrath animation, simply re-download the Original_Ancient mod and install it , or delete the "dragon_u_anim_magic.def" file from Resources_override or Resources_override\Original_Ancient. It's the top file when sorted alphabetically.

So where does that leave us? I am returning after a year or so break, and started from a fresh install. What mods do I still need, and which have the developers incorporated?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I would recommend the Original Ancient mod and Valornyx's Icon pack.

Val's UI themes are now built in, along with some new icons.

i cant get this to work at all what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KisaCrescent View Post
    i cant get this to work at all what am i doing wrong?
    Well first, did you get it to download?

If so, then just double click the downloaded file, and the self-extractor window should come up. If not, you might need to right click it, select run as administrator.

Has this mod been taken down in entirety? I haven't been able to find a link that works.

Vamalchior

No my website had a problem at about noon today. And should be back up within an hour or so from now. Router might have died, but I have a replacement already.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Right click- save Here

Place this commands_player.def file in Horizons\Resources_override

This will add the /setscale command. Workable values are 0.1 to 10, will affect whatever is currently selected.
    Link doesnt work,for me,Why

The webserver might have been down for a bit. Currently the server is down waiting on ASUS to rma the board. Probably be a week or so before its back up.

Server repaired, files available again.

The link seems to be broken it says the page couldn't be found.

It depends which server board I think is which.

In case the page is down, I re-uploaded it to another website... try this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?79svjj59kenrvbn

Thanks! But where do I put the files? I dont want to put them in the wrong place and mess up.

In your resources_override folder. :P
    Most likely:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources_override
    or
    C:\Program Files\Istaria\resources_override

Depends on where you installed Istaria

I put all the files in that folder and my dragon is still the same.

Probably I have to put the files in specific folders or sub-folders.

I have my "Original Ancient" folder right in my main resources_override folder and it works. Not to sound stupid - I have to ask since I don't know you ingame - is your character ancient? If not, then you wouldn't see any change to your char. If you're ancient and don't see any change, then that's weird. There's quite a difference... do you have any conflicting mods? Mind naming what you have?

My dragon character is Iormungr (on chaos) and yes, he's an ancient. At this moment I only have the white teeth and claws mod.

Thread Information