Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
I am confused. Travel goes in both directions, how can there be an 'up' spiral and a 'down' spiral? If you simply mean to indicate your reletive ending position such as moving up a floor or down a floor, all you have to do is rotate the spiral, right? Works for me.
I think this has to do with the "connect" point. I believe only the top opening on a spiral can be connected to existing planned or built structures, thus creating (from a planning perspective) a spiral that yu can only attach going down, not up.

A way around this may be to create T1 tunnels on the upper floor (you will later delete them) to meet the spiral you want to place. that way, it will connect where you want it using the upper connect point, then delete the tunnels on the upper level. That may keep connectivity (since you also have connectivity from the lower structure).

We'll see.

About the 180 vs. 360 degree thing - you guys are just defining the starting point differently! One is defining it from the way you face as you enter the room to the way you face when you exit (360 or 0 degree exit) and the other is defining it as how far along the outer circle are the different openings (180 degrees apart).