Some point yesterday afternoon I updated my Horizons client, played for half an hour, and was then distracted by RL until late at night when I got a bit of free time to go play in the land of Istaria. For some unknown reason, I got a weird shutdown error when I logged out at the end of the night. Curious, I logged back in, then logged off again to see if it was reproducable. Snapped a screengrab of the error (wasn't one of those nice ones which allow me to copy the text - though is any error message nice ?) and called it a night, vowing to explore the problem when I got a chance today.

Completely forgot about the abnormal shutdowns from the night before thanks to RL being particularly chaotic this Saturday, so when I got a spare half hour to play it took a few moments for me to realise that there was (or maybe I should say that there wasn't) something wrong when I logged out. A dim light came on in the back of my head and I remembered the error message from the night before. Fired the Horizons client up a few times, logged out with absolutely no problems each time.

Basically I had a bug but it's scuttled off somewhere to remain hidden, ready to catch me unaware at a future date. I do have some memorabilia though in the form of a beautifully preserved screengrab of the error message, so in the interest of fairness and sharing, I proudly present my disappearing Horizons error !

http://www.blue-technologies.org/blu...s/abnormsd.jpg