Some back ground,
Right before the changes to thePawnbrokersI gave mining a break. I recently, yesterday, decided to pick it back up. Mining gems worked pretty well back then and selling the cut gems made ok silver.Nothing compared to 1 silver or more per tier construction.Imagine my surprise when trying to sell 1200 tier IVcut gems and finding it would only take 800 or sopaying 3 silver... *blink* *blink* Tried several times to sell the gems at one time.. Hence I discoverd the 3k qty limit the PB's have. As that particular one was full, I tried another that didn't have any of that type of gemand they paid about what I remember around 21-24 silver. The next load to the PB, the second one,(same amount of gems) Paid much less?? Something like 12 silver... Ok so the more they have the less is paid. Are the imperial resources, the ones used to rebuild the Empire, limited in the same way??

I don't and won't pretend to know the nitty grittyof the dynamicshere with the PB's and these limitations. Any understanding that could be passed along would be greatly appreciated.Did I miss something planned for the class in the future?

From my experience of mining till level 82(before what Ilearned yesterday), mining produced a ton of material, bricks, bars and gems. "still does" Pawnbrokers were the best option for making a living. In those 82 levels I certainly didn't get rich, nor did I ever make it to1 gold piece mining. Of course I spent silver on comps for techs andonconstruction for my plot. The point being, the majority of silver thatI made mining, went to other players. I got lucky and won my plot at auction time, otherwise I couldn't have afforded it.

Current situation and reason for the post.

I used that really nifty program the crafting calc to work out Tier V teched Ironsilk and Jewelry. Iproceeded to hunt for the comps. Manged the Fins, snouts and chips by hunting. Honestly I would have rather bought them from a player. Thisleaves the vexator fringes and Veteran parts.In order to fund the remaining comps I went to the gems anddiscovered the Pawnbroker limitations/changes.

I'm not over looking consignment as I can easly put Tons of material on them. Does it really sell? From what I've been able to determine the construction classes forage for thier own resources to make the building materialsand naturalymake their livings more profitable. WhatI have that doesn'tsellobviously ends up in the vault.

Can the crafting class Miner make a living in Istaria?