Thread: ...Receiving New Charactor Essence...

Threaded View

Risla

Default ...Receiving New Charactor Essence...

Hello all!
    I'm hoping someone can help me with my charactor creation road bump.

I have searched the forums for a solution, and I found someone with the exact problem, but what helped him did not help me.

I have tried searching the Knowledge Base at https://support.istaria.com/default....n=browse_kbase but nothing loads but a black screen. (The navigation menu and title bar are there, but there is no "knowledge" to be seen!)

I will post here first, and then try the "Request Help" option at the tech site, because,
    a) I can't fill in half the info there because of this black screen problem
    b) sometimes, a fellow player who had a similar problem can also provide the best solution!

SO!
    On to my problem!

I downloaded and installed the game, seemingly, just fine.
    I launch just fine, and go through a dragon screen that seems to be scanning files,
    then a squareish dragon screen that says "initialising ____",
    then I get stuck at get stuck at

...Receiving New Charactor Essence...

It hangs at that message for about five minutes, before finally pooping out and giving me three (sometimes more) error messages, listed below.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them! I'm at a loss, and I'm VERY eager to try this game out.

Please feel free to either post here, or PM me, if you have any suggestions or need further info from me. Below I've listed all the pertinent information I could think of.

Thanks so much for any help.
    -Risla

----------------The Error Messages-----------------

Transport Error
    Failed to send a crucial message "manifest request" because: Connection closed

Transport Error
    Error ID: 91
    The client has been disconnected because of a communications failure. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you are still unable to connect please open a case at https://wupport.istaria.com under the category "Connectivity".

Transport Error
    Error ID: 30
    The login process was unsuccessful because the client was unable to connect to any of the player servers. This occurs when all the player servers are offline, overloaded or there is a network error. Please wait a few minutes and try logging in again.

----------------My Failed Fixes-------------------
    I've followed all the cookie/trust/security/etc suggestions at [url https://horizons.istaria.com/help.aspx[/url] .
    I've disabled my firwall.
    I have no virus software running.
    I've checked I'm running the correct version of IE.
    I've checked all my drivers are up to date.
    I've updated Windows.
    I've tried creating a new charactor on Blight, Chaos, and Order.
    I've tried logging in with numerous combinations of 'launch options' (full scan, .NET patcher, reset patcher, etc)
    I've tried logging in numerous times over the last 20 hours, incase this was a server side issue.
    I tried disabling my sound devices (it was listed as a "fix" for someone else with the exact same problem on the forums).

----------------Untried---------------------------
    **edit appears to apply only to Microsoft Office users**I can still install service pack 3 (uhg!)

I can still try uninstalling my prefered browser, Avant. It's my default browser, and even when I set IE to be my default, Avant still launches instead sometimes (not sure why). I really don't want to do this though... it IS my prefered browser, and since it's just a build on IE, even the odd times when Avant launches instead of IE, the "guts" of it should still be IE6+.

---------System Specs-------------
    (this is what was asked for in the Tech Support spec area, wich coudln't be filled in entirely because some boxes just black out and eat text)
    Service Pack : 2
    OS Directory : C:\Windows
    Local Admin : Yes
    Horizons Directory : C:\Games\Horizons
    Resolution : 1024 x 768
    Desktop Resolution : 1024x768
    Processor Type : Intel Pentium 4
    Processor Speed : 2.40GHz
    RAM : 768MB
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
    VC RAM : 256RAM (I think!)
    Horizons Resolution : not yet applicable
    ISP : ClearWire
    Geography : USA, Oregon (in a city, not a remote area)
    Connection Type : Other- ClearWire "hi speed" wireless (feels like DSL)
    Network Setup : Two computers (including mine), are networked through a hub, wich then goes through a ClearWire wireless modem.
    Sound Card : Realtek AC97 Audio (??)
    Last edited by Risla; June 22nd, 2006 at 08:27 PM.

Thread Information