Before I start, I would like to implore the readers of this thread to please not take offense at them.

I am aiming this at no one in specific, I am aiming this at no one person, no one group in particular, except for the group guilty of the _actions_ spoken of in this post.

Before you read on, this is a Religious discussion. if you are Religious and do not like Religious discussions, please click the Back Button. If you are Not Religious, and do not want to hear about Religion, then please click the Back Button.

Again, this is not meant to be insultive, I am not trying to offend anyone with this, the whole purpose of this thread is to express my concerns and curiosities about why some people do what they do nowadays.

Before I go on, I will explain a little about myself. I'm a 26 year old man, and I'm a Christian. I go to Church sometimes, I read a little of the Bible now and then, and I have a basic understanding of the core concepts behind Christianity, even if I don't follow what other Christians tell me I should.

I'm pretty open-minded, I respect and treat all sorts of people the way they should be treated: As fellow human beings. Very rarely will I ever persecute anyone for religion, I have (or had) a few Wiccan friends, I've known a few Catholics (I'm probably best described as Protestant myself), and I've known a few homosexual people, and I've known people who have had pre-marital sex, and they are my friends all the same.

Before I say anything else... when I say "Christians" with quotation marks... I am talking about people who call themselves "Christian" and yet do the below mentioned things. Not all Christians do these things, as I myself certainly Don't, and I know a few others that are like me as well. Again, I am NOT referring to you, the reader, unless you are guilty of the things below.

What is really bugging me nowadays, is the hate flying around the world. You see it everywhere, you see people call themselves Christians, and then proceed to hate the nearest person becuase they are gay. Because they had pre-marital sex. Because they believe in Wicca, or Goth, or Buddhism, or becuase they had children out of wedlock.

I full well understand that we should act as Teachers whenever we observe someone breaking God's ideals, but Good Lord, some of the things I see "Christians" doing, makes me wonder if they worship God, or if they are truly worshipping Satan. Some of the Hateful things I've seen some "Christians" doing nowadays.... geez...

Whatever happened to us being Teachers? To us trying to guide others into God's open arms, trying to guide others so that they can return the love He gives us, to Him? What I see Christians doing lately (Christians, all throughout History have been doing it too), is downright Hating people.

Since when did God and Christianity become a license to Hate? A License to Berate, Belittle, and make fun of people? A License to -kill-? Odd, I could have sworn that the Lord's Prayer has a line that says something like this:

"...Forgive us of our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us..."

Whatever happened to that? Things like Homosexuality, Pre-Marital Sex, Other Religions, and such are tresspasses against God Himself. Who are we mortals to judge and punish those who trespass against God? *blink* This is something I never understood. I do not remember God ever saying anywhere that we should Judge, Hate, and Punish those who go against our interpretation of the Bible, God's Word. IMHO, this is something that God, and only God has the right to do.

As Christians, it is our duty to inform them that we believe in a God, who sent his only begotten Son to Earth to die on the cross to give us a chance at redemption, and that said God said that [x thing here] is wrong and shouldn't be done. We should be telling them politely, and in a professional way, that its just not right.

I see a lot of "Christians" taking that too far, though. They go the whole distance, they bring out the Hate, the berating, the flaming, and everything. If anything, this is making those people hate Christianity, and worst of all, some of these people who have had Hate thrown at them by "Christians", some of them hate God. I don't know about any of you, and I'm not sitting here saying I know what God thinks at any given time, but.... I have my doubts God is happy when a "Christian" causes someone to hate God, His Son, and the entire Religion because of this Hate-Mongering we see everywhere.

My pleas to "Christians" who do this: Please... take a look at the Bible. Read the Lord's Prayer closely. Pay Attention.. would God want you to Hate people you personally disagree with? Would God want you turning people against Him and His Son? Would God smile upon you after you die and are Judged for these actions?

Please... instead of Hating these poor people, why not take the time to Love them as God has told us to do, several times, in the Bible. "Love Thy Neighbor" I believe is how He put it. There's an awful lot of hate flying around this world, and so little Love...

My apologies for the religious rant, but this has been bothering me lately...

--Dhalin