Before you scream wrong place to post .. if they had a general section under dragon I would have, but they only have crafter & adventurer forums, no genereal or lairshaping.
-----------------------------

Back in the days when the reason, justification and decision was given for the lairshaping skill and things were discussed I wasn't around, so bare with me.

At that time I wasn't really in the game, and was searching for another MMPORG for the lack of HZ challenge it was giving and the too manytime of broken promisses. Well the announce of the Lairshaping was finally delivered and failure to find another game that interested me and the news of the expension pack brought me back to HZ.

Since nothing has changed for my byped and Tulga make life to crafter difficult by requiring adventuring skill, I decided to give a try to draggy life. I was quite impressed by New-Trimus and the training quest offered to draggy and the fact that raggon had all kind of quest for progression (altough found one quest at the time a drag). I decided to subcribe a second account so that I could give lairbuilding a shot .... Well I soon got quite disapointed. Been a month and half now and I have 63% of my first room done, when my byped can build alone the byped equivalence in 2 days. Adn if I was a lower level builder, I could trade with friends to get part done, but has draggy evryone has the same issue and have to incline or time to help.

My conclusion .... lairbuilding has to be revised.

Justification: Just check the convo in Dragon channel and you will see that evryone kind of agree, it has to change.

WAIT !!! .. I do not want to start another byped vs dragon war, so calm down.

I was told they wanted to make lairshaping a bit hard since draggy have one school versus the five schools byped have. Well I never understood why draggy had one adv school (2 styles), one craft school and one lair building school. I'm not going to get into craft or adv issue.

Okay, one lair building school .. decision was taken:.... let's make it harder for draggy so that byped wont whine.

Fine but why one school? Why not 3; stone, metal & crystal. That would have been more fair to byped and more inline with the rest of the game. and we could have choosen a bit of a different table for xp so that total XP for the 3 school equals the total XP of the byped five school. Another issue that needs to be explore is the number of resources required to build an equivalent room. For that let me give some numbers for a T1 hall in the case of byped or draggy doing the work. (** see following message for complete count)

A Dragon T1 hall at 2:1 cap will require the following;
. Coper & tin ..... 142520
. dim essence ... 73920
. sand slab ....... 97300
. veridian crystal . 41440
. Gems (all) ....... 73920
. Total = 429100

A Human T1 hall at 2:1 cap will require the following;
. Copper & Tin ...... 3200
. Cedar board ..... 3200
. Flax ................. 3200
. Sand slab .......... 3200
. Total = 12800

Facts of disbelief: It takes 33.5 time more resources for a draggy to build the same room. This is rediculous.

Let's take the justification of one school versus five for byped. Okay penalise me, ask for 5 times the same amount of resources. I could even accept 10 times, but 33 times, their is no justification for that much difference.

So the action that is to be consider are:

. 1) Change to 3 schools (metal, stone & crystal ( to line up with the rest of the game)
. 2) Adjust the number of base resources required to reflect 1 school versus 5 school. (not 1:33 ratio)

This is my hatchling view on the topic and some elders will probably cold me for speaking, but hey .. I'm free to express my views.

Ramti
Lunus Hatchlins
32 adv, 40 craft, 29 lair