I have started receiving unsolicited emails from EI Interactive advertising their services through a newsletter. Ok first of all I do have accounts on the NA shards, so you might expect that I would receive Horizons newsletters sent to the email address associated with those accounts.

Unfortunately for EI it is not the email address associated with my North American accounts that I am receiving this 'Game Intruder Official Newsletter #3' through. It is the email address used for my European Horizons account.

I hope EI understand the implications of EU law and specifically the data protection act. There is a very good reason why GN could not give EI personal customer data without a customer's prior consent. I do believe the law was broken when GN gave this data to Tulga, and I get the impression that GN had their wrists slapped and are keen to avoid further legal wrangling. Nevertheless it is important for EI to understand where they are breaking the law.

I am not simply going to say "this is the email address that I am receiving unsolicited emails through, please remove it from your mailing lists". That gives EI an easy option and does absolutely nothing to benefit others who may be affected. It is also not how the law works in the EU regarding unsolicited mailings.

Please verify your mailing lists EI. I will let a single wrong-doing slide, don't let it happen again.