Thread: February 2009 Content Patch

Threaded View

Default Re: February 2009 Content Patch

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You'll want to learn the types of resistances the newer mobs have. That was likely your problem.
    Well Amon the only character I really played is DK, my ancient dragon. Never power leveled him or used exploits....just worked him all the way there. Now take into consideration I haven't done dragon combat in a while so my memory might be a bit rusty but lets look at this.

Beetles are slightly resistant to slash, well thats a large portion of the dragons attacks, they're highly resistant to pierce....there goes bite as well as a few other special attacks. Beetles are vulnerable to crush....well thats my tail attack but theres no way that does enough damage to win a fight. That leaves prime, but dragon magic ain't the greatest offensive tool. Even with all my scales teched for magic combat I still had to fall back on physical attacks to win fights.

Now, let's look at the fact he's talking about a hatchling. First off youngling, be happy you actually have an armor value for your hide. It was not always as such. But as a hatchling your magic attacks are not useful so you have to rely on your physical attacks. Which as I pointed out above are not real effective against beetles.

So, unless theres been some serious changes to dragon abilities since I've been gone he's right. Hatchlings are going to have issues with beetles.

PS: to OP, you had problems with a mob 2 levels higher then you? Hate to say this but there was a day we had problems with even con mobs.
    Last edited by Death-knell; February 25th, 2009 at 03:12 PM.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information