hard for me to weigh in on this situation (for which i am sure many are more than happy! ) -
on the one hand - if you are peacefully crafting and head to brist only to get killed, that's a real pain in the unmentionable. especially if there is no notice or god intervention. especially especially if it was done as a sick 'joke' and the perps publically announce their intentions of repeating the 'joke'......

however......
as steel points out, the gifted are at war. it doesn't now, and never really did, make sense to me that the wa does not invade more gifted territory more often - would certainly give the epic levels something to do! especially places like harro and the novo/observatory pennisula with the wa literally in their back yard. peeps with plots out in those places should expect an uphill battle to maintain their property - walls and gates and portcullis, o my!

i don't have a problem with a group being chased to brist or any other town by the wa. i expect it, to be honest.
i would have a problem with a group of peeps who deliberately invite the wa in......in my book, that is called treason!