I'm sure you've heard of it already. James Cameron's new movie that seems to mix Vietnam, Aliens, Apocalypto and Scawny Beaver into a great (almost) three hours of entertainment.

Just saw it this afternoon in 3d at my local cinema and, what can I say, it was awesome. It's been a while since I've considered watching a movie again at the cinema. It's a great and original story, although any online gamer will clearly be familiar with the idea of avatars already. On top of the story, the film is backed up by the best and Clearest visuals I have seen in a film. The fact that they've gone above and beyond to make it 3d too just blew me away. The battles and flying scenes ... *drools uncontrollably*

Probably the only thing I can fault is that the film actually gets going with the whole Pandora thing too quickly. Even an extra 10-20 minutes to show how the lead character got into his current situation could have helped to build rapor with the audience.

Anyway feel free to add your thoughts about this movie, whether you're going to see it, not going to bother, or have seen already.

Rakku